Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2019, 10:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hype Luxury Car Rentals (including Mustangs & Maseratis)

Hype Luxury Car Rentals has started offering airport transfer services in Bangalore. The service is available at an introductory price of Rs. 3,999, until July 31, 2019.

Hype Luxury Car Rentals (including Mustangs & Maseratis)-hype-luxury-car-rental.jpg

Hyper offers self drive rental services in Bangalore, Chennai, Chandigarh, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Vishakhapatnam. Chauffeur driven services are available in more cities including Amritsar, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Gurgaon, Jalandhar, Jammu, Ludhiana, Mohali, Mussoorie, Noida, Panchkula, Puducherry, Pune, Ropar and Shimla. At the moment, airport transfers are only available in Bangalore.

Hype is a luxury mobility startup headquartered in Bangalore. The company offers luxury cars from brands like BMW, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Maserati, Jaguar, Rolls Royce, Porsche and even Ford Mustangs.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 14:09   #2
BHPian

Re: Hype Luxury Car Rentals (including Mustangs & Maseratis)

I don't see Maseratis, Rolls-Royces, Porsches or this GTR in any of the cities. When will brands learn to not over-promise and under-deliver? I really wanted to see how much a self-drive RR goes for.
aaychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 16:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

Prices are a bit too steep!

For example, 80K Odd for a mustang for a day!

Also, worth noting is the following text in the FAQ:

Quote:
In Self Drive, in case of any damages, how do we pay?

Usually for all cars there will be a minimum Returnable deposit that is collected and any damages will be recovered from that deposit. In case if the damage charges exceeds the deposit amount, the Insurance company will be billed for the charges and the customers may still have to pay a part of it.
Old 25th July 2019, 16:28   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A really nice line-up of cars. Mustang is for 75,000 / day (link). Expensive, but could be the only way for some to experience these kind of cars. Will also make for a heck of a birthday gift. An E-Class for 10 grand or a 7-Series for 20 might do for weddings & special occasions. On the downside, more humble cars like the Fortuner have luxury pricing @ 10,000 / day. You could easily get it for cheaper elsewhere.

Weirdly, their range in Mumbai is pretty limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaychat View Post
When will brands learn to not over-promise and under-deliver? I really wanted to see how much a self-drive RR goes for.
I think I saw a Rolls-Royce somewhere on their website. Here are some other interesting cars:

Maserati Ghibli

Audi RS5

Lamborghini Gallardo

C-AMG

911 Carrera

Don't know how many of these are fake / genuine listings though.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 14:59   #5
BHPian

Has anyone tried this service in Bangalore?

The 80kmph limit is a huge dampener for long drives but I was considering them for a special occasion inside the city for which it doesn't matter as much.
Old 29th September 2021, 16:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Surprising to see lack of reviews anywhere online! Only place to find any details at all is their website posted by OP. Has anyone tried their services? I am starting to think if the company only exists on paper!
Old 11th January 2023, 14:42   #7
BHPian

They don't the own the vehicles themselves but source them from other providers who less likely are willing to directly offer them to end-users due to various reasons. Most are Corporate Travel service providers who maintain a reasonable number of luxury cars which are made available via Hype.

As the name goes, the same applies to their attitude and their pricing. The were charging 54k for a particular luxury car which was available for 18k when approached directly from the vendor who supplies it to Hype.

Essentially, they charge a significant markup likely to keep up with the luxury brand positioning that aim to establish and maintain. Unfortunately, in a market like India it may not consistently work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks