Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2019, 09:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad cops give you a free movie ticket if no challans for the past 10 years

https://filterkaapilive.com/2019/07/...movie-tickets/

Brilliant move, this. And they're also challaning wrong side drivers, enforcing speed limits etc.

This is one city traffic police that is doing its job efficiently and in a friendly manner.

I hope whoever is their commissioner doesn't get transferred all of a sudden, these measures will grind to a halt.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 10:08   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad cops give you a free movie ticket if no challans for the past 10 years

Well, this is indeed a great move but, do the cops really have data from the past 10 years? I don't think so, and that's exactly why this might turn out to be an economic disaster if followed up religiously.
Old 31st July 2019, 11:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad cops give you a free movie ticket if no challans for the past 10 years

Anything to prevent people from committing traffic violations I guess. Incentives is one way of making it work.
Although, the 10 year period is a little far fetched. 5 is something they should have fixed.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 11:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Anything to prevent people from committing traffic violations I guess. Incentives is one way of making it work.
Although, the 10 year period is a little far fetched. 5 is something they should have fixed.
It is not like they want to blow their budget out on movie tickets. 10 years without a ticket? You'd probably get some retired uncle in Gunrock Enclave who has never taken his car out except for a trip to the nearby supermarket or temple.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 12:01   #5
BHPian

Some next-level trolling by the Hyderabad Police. Can you imagine people reading this, marking the date on their calendars, waking up on the same day 10 years later and queuing up at the RTO for their movie ticket?

Throw in some popcorn & a cool drink too and I'll be the first in line. (provided I have a clean chit for 10 years)

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 31st July 2019 at 12:05.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 12:15   #6
BHPian

Appreciate the intention "ticket for no ticket" but 10 years appears impractical. A token of appreciation goes a long way for sure. For example, in some countries such as Singapore and USA, the traffic police sends out commendation letters for a clean traffic record annually.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 31st July 2019 at 12:18.
Thermodynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 13:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

IMO, Driving the vehicle without tickets for 10 years is NOT a un-achievable target. I had my Suzuki samurai for 10 years, without even one single ticket. Had Unicorn for 9 years without a single ticket. I have santro for more than 11 years without any tickets so far.

All the above vehicles, I used for daily commute of around 40 kms a day on an average

Besides, I had Qualis for 14 years without single ticket (Used for Long drives and week ends)

Only one ticket I got, is on my Fortuner within 1 year of purchase. While driving downhill from Tirumala to Tirupathi, I drove around 10 mins quicker than the norm.

Now, the real challenge is, how do I get movie ticket for all the above vehicles? I have sold 2-3 of them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks