Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2019, 13:54   #46
BHPian

Re: Our hero - Dhanush Menon - helps Karnataka Flood victims

Dhanush Sir,
Immense respect from bottom of my heart for you and everyone offering such a selfless service to our nation.
The pictures were really horrific and I can only imagine the loss.
What touched me the most that you said in a reply to a fellow BHPian that anyone in your place would have done the same thing.
So humble
Thanks a lot and more power to you.
Orange GTX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 15:03   #47
BHPian

Hats off, dear commander.
Proud to be part of this community. Jai Hind
jeeva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 16:30   #48
BHPian

Absolutely heart warming. Respect Commander Dhanush. We've so much to learn from you and others in uniform. Nothing is bigger than humanity.

Thanks GTO for truly commendable thread.
LeoMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 19:37   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Dhanush Chettai, thanks a ton for everything you do! Having seen the devastation earlier and now family coping up with the losses, can't thank you enough for doing what you do. The NDRF, SDRF, Navy, AF, MLI from Belgaum and Kolhapur - everyone has chimed in. Your help and support is above everything for victims.
Now I am looking forward to catch up while you are close to my home

"Thank you" doesn't sum-up the feelings
Thanks a lot Avinash for your kind words. Looking forward to meeting you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothyPetrohead View Post
Simply appalling to see the real sad state of affairs of those in suffering, here most of us do not realize the plight sitting in the comfort of our homes.

My hats off to you Dhanush a true essence to your name.

With pride I say awesome job and cheers to you and your team for your attainment. You all are truely “Angles in Disguise”.
Thanks a lot brother. The situation was really bad when we joined. Now, it's slowly limping back to semblance of what it had been earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Respect Commander Dhanush! The Team bhp forum is proud of you.

Thanks @GTO for the thread.
Thanks a lot BlackPearl. Much humbled by the kind words of everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange GTX View Post
Dhanush Sir,
Immense respect from bottom of my heart for you and everyone offering such a selfless service to our nation.
The pictures were really horrific and I can only imagine the loss.
Thanks a lot and more power to you.
Thanks a lot OrangeGTX. Very kind words.
Appreciate much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Hats off, dear commander.
Proud to be part of this community. Jai Hind
Thanks a lot Brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMachine View Post
Absolutely heart warming. Respect Commander Dhanush. We've so much to learn from you and others in uniform. Nothing is bigger than humanity.

Thanks GTO for truly commendable thread.
Thanks a lot LeoMachine. Many thanks.
dhanushmenon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 21:39   #50
BHPian

Indeed a proud moment for both the country and as a fellow tbhpian. Appreciate all the efforts and heart felt gratitude for the service you do. The insight to the relief operations was very informative and an eye opener too.

Salutes to you Sir!
God bless!
Dhar's is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 11:56   #51
BHPian

Commander saheb! Thank you for your service. The nation is proud of you. Jai Hind. I was always fascinated and in awe of the great birds of our Indian Armed Forces. The multitude of roles taken by our Armed forces makes us what we are today. The greatest of the great.
aveoman19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 12:06   #52
knp
BHPian

respect to you Sir. Proud of you!!
knp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 12:32   #53
BHPian

Selfless ! No words can be put together for the work you and the whole army are doing. It is my absolute honour to be sharing this forum with a superhuman like you.

Thank you very much for your service !! (wish we had an emoji for a salute here)
cediaowner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 13:38   #54
Senior - BHPian

Cdr. Dhanush sir, first of all our hearty thanks to all men and women part of the rescue efforts.

Some technical questions on the machine (asking only those that you can answer):

1. Before going into a rescue I am sure you get some satellite images from the location, from ISRO or international charter agencies right?
(I am sure our agencies are aware of it, if not kindly let them know and I am a part of one such agency with very extension eyes in space that can help for free and detailed images will be available within half a day or a day).

2. How do you counter the ground wash? Do you fly high or does the ALH has some auto-pilot measure to assist you?

3. Isn't there a cable cutter in the helicopter? (correct me if wrong, earlier MI-17s and Kamov's user to have it right?)

Jai Hind and Happy Independence Day in advance.
AlphaKilo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 14:09   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy to have found this thread, where I can add my humble respect to Dhanush and his colleagues.

And thanks for the wonderful photo/video shots. So much more impact than the one or two pics I have seen in the newspapers.

Heart-felt sympathy to the victims. Even my own waist-deep experience of the Chennai floods took months of recover, and the emotional recovery might be never --- but then I think of the people who lost everything. And of the people who have lost everything this time.

Dhanush, you might be professionally interested in the work done to prevent a flood disaster in England recently. Apparently the Chinook pilots had to fly within feet of the dam to lay the sandbags.

Whaley Bridge dam: RAF Chinook brought in (BBC)
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 14:44   #56
BHPian

Thank you for serving the nation. Ever grateful to the wholehearted contribution from you sir.
advenk999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 14:59   #57
BHPian

Hats off to you all you guys Mr Dhanush, the look on the face of the people rescued says it all. We civilians can breathe easy because of the forces and guys like you.
jayeshdamle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 15:50   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
Indeed a proud moment for both the country and as a fellow tbhpian. Appreciate all the efforts and heart felt gratitude for the service you do.
Salutes to you Sir!
God bless!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveoman19 View Post
Commander saheb! Thank you for your service. The nation is proud of you. Jai Hind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
respect to you Sir. Proud of you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cediaowner View Post
Selfless ! No words can be put together for the work you and the whole army are doing.
Thank you very much for your service !! (wish we had an emoji for a salute here)
Thanks a lot everyone. Very kind words indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Cdr. Dhanush sir, first of all our hearty thanks to all men and women part of the rescue efforts.

Some technical questions on the machine (asking only those that you can answer):

1. Before going into a rescue I am sure you get some satellite images from the location, from ISRO or international charter agencies right?
(I am sure our agencies are aware of it, if not kindly let them know and I am a part of one such agency with very extension eyes in space that can help for free and detailed images will be available within half a day or a day).

2. How do you counter the ground wash? Do you fly high or does the ALH has some auto-pilot measure to assist you?

3. Isn't there a cable cutter in the helicopter? (correct me if wrong, earlier MI-17s and Kamov's user to have it right?)

Jai Hind and Happy Independence Day in advance.
1. We have maps that we carry with us. We also have a digital Jeppesen chart on an iPad for route planning. However, for operations like this, where we need to go to remote villages, we rely on offline google earth maps.
2. Rotor wash on ALH is tremendous being a rigid rotor system. We generally hover high to avoid flying away of objects.
3. There is a cable cutter. In case of emergency, we will need to use that. Eg:- engine failure, tail rotor failure, winch stuck, rescue basket stuck on obstructions etc.

Jai Hind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Happy to have found this thread, where I can add my humble respect to Dhanush and his colleagues.

And thanks for the wonderful photo/video shots. So much more impact than the one or two pics I have seen in the newspapers.

Dhanush, you might be professionally interested in the work done to prevent a flood disaster in England recently. Apparently the Chinook pilots had to fly within feet of the dam to lay the sandbags.

Whaley Bridge dam: RAF Chinook brought in (BBC)
Thank you Thad. And thanks for the link. Quote interesting I should say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advenk999 View Post
Thank you for serving the nation. Ever grateful to the wholehearted contribution from you sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeshdamle View Post
Hats off to you all you guys Mr Dhanush, the look on the face of the people rescued says it all. We civilians can breathe easy because of the forces and guys like you.
Thank you very much advenk999 and jayeshdamle. Much humbled.
dhanushmenon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 17:10   #59
BHPian

@Dhanushmenon. Extremely happy and proud of the fact that we share a common platform via T-Bhp.

No words can describe the efforts of you and your colleagues to ensure the safety of the civilians stranded in the floods. Many many thanks to you and the entire Armed forces for taking care - whether it is at the border or within the border. Jai Hind !!

May you live long brother !!
Rajesh K R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 17:20   #60
BHPian

Hats Off Commander Dhanush

Appreciate all the efforts and the services you have done!
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks