Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2019, 11:13   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Our hero - Dhanush Menon - helps Karnataka Flood victims

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
That's quite some memory. Back in 2013 right?
That's 2011, the first meet after which our awesome meets started.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 13:58   #17
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Hey Dhanush,
Hats off to the tireless work that you and others in uniform have been doing at the border and even inland during difficult times. God bless you guys who risk your own lives to save thousands. Feel proud to have met you in person in Mumbai during one of the teamBHP meets. Keep up the good work.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 14:19   #18
BHPian

Your profile says
Occupation: Public Servant. Change it to public saviour. I know you won't do it.
How simple can you be, sir? It's a matter of great honour to display what you are. And still you mark yourself as "servant"

Hats off to you sir for all the work you are doing. As honeybee clearly pointed out about a video of woman touching the rescue guards' feet. A respect well deserved to LEADERS like you and your team. Respect.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 12th August 2019 at 14:23.
saurabh2711 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 14:39   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
@dhanushmenon, salute to you, your team and thousands of others engaged actively in the rescue efforts. Proud of you all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by behaln View Post
Hats off buddy. Keep up the good work. Being an ex serviceman myself I can relate to the good job you are doing.
Thank you very much guys. Much humbled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
That's 2011, the first meet after which our awesome meets started.
Oh yes. I remember that. First of the many that followed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Your profile says
Occupation: Public Servant. Change it to public saviour. I know you won't do it.
How simple can you be, sir? It's a matter of great honour to display what you are. And still you mark yourself as "servant"

Hats off to you sir for all the work you are doing. As honeybee clearly pointed out about a video of woman touching the rescue guards' feet. A respect well deserved to LEADERS like you and your team. Respect.
Thanks a lot Saurabh. Very kind words indeed. I consider myself very fortunate to hear so many kind words from all of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Hey Dhanush,
Hats off to the tireless work that you and others in uniform have been doing at the border and even inland during difficult times. God bless you guys who risk your own lives to save thousands. Feel proud to have met you in person in Mumbai during one of the teamBHP meets. Keep up the good work.
Thanks a lot SDP. Just doing whatever anyone else would have done in my position. Thank you.

Last edited by dhanushmenon : 12th August 2019 at 14:44.
dhanushmenon is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 15:24   #20
BHPian

Huge RESPECT to you, Dhanush Chettai!

Here's an excerpt from last year's news report, it says a lot about your commitment. God bless you brother!

Quote:
For Commander Dhanush Menon from Kollam, who piloted several sorties on an advanced light helicopter, “We have gone past our fatigue limit. Our focus is on saving as many people as we can.”
Source
The_Outsider! is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 17:32   #21
BHPian

Respect, Dhanush
We all have been watching on TV the havoc rain has caused in MH and KA and discussing among friends as to what we could possibly do. You actually did it!
Great example, kadak salute to you sir!
DreamsUnlimited is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 17:46   #22
BHPian

Hats Off to you, Dhanush!

The entire nation is grateful to each and every soul involved in the rescue operations.

Got this video in twitter, this summarily explain how the people who cling to their lives feel when rescued. She just wanted to show her gratitude and did it.
.HEM is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 18:38   #23
BHPian

Salute you for the great work you have done Dhanush! Thanks to efforts of people like you, we have been able to save many lives!!
carfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 19:22   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Outsider! View Post
Huge RESPECT to you, Dhanush Chettai!
Here's an excerpt from last year's news report, it says a lot about your commitment. God bless you brother!
Source
Thank you very much brother.

Last year during Kerala floods, I was at posted at Kochi. Therefore, I was fortunate enough to be able to lend some helping hand during unfortunate times. This year I relocated to Goa and I again was amidst the action of floods. Though it is extremely satisfying to save lives and make a difference, I'd rather not have anymore satisfaction at the expense of another disaster.

Hoping that the rain abates and water recedes sooner than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsUnlimited View Post
Respect, Dhanush
We all have been watching on TV the havoc rain has caused in MH and KA and discussing among friends as to what we could possibly do. You actually did it!
Great example, kadak salute to you sir!
Thank you very much brother. The least I could do. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .HEM View Post
Hats Off to you, Dhanush!

The entire nation is grateful to each and every soul involved in the rescue operations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Salute you for the great work you have done Dhanush! Thanks to efforts of people like you...!!
Thank you very much guys for your very kind words.

Last edited by dhanushmenon : 12th August 2019 at 19:23.
dhanushmenon is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 19:34   #25
BHPian

Salute to commander Sab, Dhanush!

We are greatful to be served by you! It’s because of you great champs, last year and this year flood impacts are lowered.
Such a great feeling to meet everyone virtually in this forum!
lokii_83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 20:05   #26
Team-BHP Support

Dhanush, you keep making the community proud at every opportunity. Not enough superlatives to praise you and your team.

I'm sure your family and friends are very proud of you, as they should be, and so are we. You and your team are the heroes they're referring to on the hoardings I pass by everyday at ASC campus en route to work.

P.S. Excuse us for basking in second-hand glory for being associated with you through this forum.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 20:13   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

The rescue efforts at Belgaum still continues even as I type this. While Army and NDRF along with civil administration took the reins of rescue through boats, the rescue through air efforts were done by helicopters of IAF and Indian Navy.

Our hero - Dhanush Menon - helps Karnataka Flood victims-0-intro-landing-heavy-downwash.jpg

Two Mi 17s and One Chetak helicopter participated in the rescue efforts of the Air Force. Indian Navy sent in two ALHs (Advanced Light Helicopter) from its aviation base at Goa.

Whilst I am unaware of the depth and width of rescue efforts on ground by the Army and NDRF, I am sure that they did a stellar job guaging by the snaps and videos being circulated. Towards throwing some light on the air efforts by Navy Helicopter, I am sharing a few snaps and videos below.

Our hero - Dhanush Menon - helps Karnataka Flood victims-1.5-intro.jpg

Our hero - Dhanush Menon - helps Karnataka Flood victims-2-flood-gates-open-one-many-dams-had-opened-due-incessant-rain.jpg

Flood Gates open- Many dam shutters had to be opened due to incessant rainfall and water levels reaching alarming scales. One of the many dams with all its shutters open (above).
Gokak falls was furious (below). It had anger writ all over it by the swirls and the mist of spray that always engulfed it.

Our hero - Dhanush Menon - helps Karnataka Flood victims-2flood-gates-gokak-falls.jpg

The opened dam shutters across the geography of the state rendered most villages on its downstream inundated.

Our hero - Dhanush Menon - helps Karnataka Flood victims-inund-1.jpg

Our hero - Dhanush Menon - helps Karnataka Flood victims-inund-2.jpg

All roads lead to water

Our hero - Dhanush Menon - helps Karnataka Flood victims-inund-3.jpg

Our hero - Dhanush Menon - helps Karnataka Flood victims-inund-5.jpg

At many places the first floor was submerged and water treaded to second floor. The snap above is after the water had receded to an extend. Still not a happy sight.

Our hero - Dhanush Menon - helps Karnataka Flood victims-inund-7.jpg

Our hero - Dhanush Menon - helps Karnataka Flood victims-bridge-out-water.jpg

This bridge was fully submerged few days back. We couldn't even actually make out that a bridge even existed there. Now that the water receded, people take a leap of faith in their cars to drive across to get back to humanity from being stranded. The bridge is not completely submerged anymore; however, the flow of river is still above the bridge at many parts. Definitely dangerous to cross on a small car!
dhanushmenon is offline   (82) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 20:42   #28
Senior - BHPian

Dhanush Kudos man, words cant express the gratitude

Thanks GTO for this thread.
laluks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 20:49   #29
BHPian

Hats off to Commander Dhanush, We feel safe due to the presence of the armed forces everywhere be it protecting Kashmir and the country or in Floods in the plains. Kudos to you and all the people in the armed forces.

Chhers
Max63 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 20:52   #30
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you Dhanush - We are blessed to have so many patriots like you and others in our armed forces who serve the nation day in and day out tirelessly and selflessly. Take a bow!

For people in Distress - don't worry, we have Mr.D just round the corner or just above to help

Last edited by NPV : 12th August 2019 at 20:54.
NPV is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks