Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2019, 17:37   #61
BHPian

Re: Our hero - Dhanush Menon - helps Karnataka Flood victims

Salute to you dear Mr. Dhanush and hats off to your relentless rescue operation. Proud of you, Respect
truezealous is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 18:01   #62
Senior - BHPian

That a Bhpian is in the forefront of rescue operations is a matter of immense pride for all of us. He dismisses all our praise, calling the service a part of his duty.

This simply is proof of his humility.

Mr. D is the face that represents for us Bhpians, the thousands of unnamed soldiers, civil defence, police, fire and emergency personnel, members of NDRF-SDRF, civilian volunteers as well as ground level government servants who have been engaged in saving lives in this time of crisis.

My salutes to all of them.

(It wouldn't be improper for me to recall the respectful and touching send off given by the residents of Mudigere and Belagavi to the men in uniform by tying Rakhis on their wrists!)

Having said that, it is our bounden duty to do whatever we can to rehabilitate the needy. Governments alone cannot be entrusted (or trusted) with this gargantuan task.
dailydriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 18:50   #63
BHPian

Kudos and salute to you Dhanush Menon. I feel proud as a bhpian and a fellow Indian to read about this in our forum. On the eve of Independence day many parts of the country are facing challenges due to floods and I truly appreciate our armed forces for taking up those innumerable challenges to keep the countrymen safe.

And it also feels great to see the India Bird "Dhruv" in action as well. The Basket seems to be of great utility as compared to what we have seen normally w.r.t maybe a Chetak where a rope is slung along with a tube harness for a single person.
sandx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 19:53   #64
BHPian

Hats off to you and our defence forces Dhanush!

Your videos and snaps offer an amazing insight into the situation and rescue operations, keep it up and god bless you all!

Thanks also to GTO for starting this thread!
PGNarain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 20:42   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
The rescue efforts at Belgaum still continues even as I type this. While Army and NDRF along with civil administration took the reins of rescue through boats, the rescue through air efforts were done by helicopters of IAF and Indian Navy.
Proud of your entire group Dhanush! One of the best feelings being on the forum and getting to see this.

The snaps really tell the story of the fury unleashed. But actually seeing these snaps is sheer thrill as well.

Hope the effected families get restored to normalcy and are able to resume business as usual.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 10:38   #66
Senior - BHPian

Hats off to you sir! What a thread to view on our Independence Day!!

Certainly made my day. A Major is part of our community here and it does make me feel proud to be part of the group.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 15:06   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
@Dhanushmenon. Extremely happy and proud of the fact that we share a common platform via T-Bhp.Jai Hind !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hats Off Commander Dhanush

Appreciate all the efforts and the services you have done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by truezealous View Post
Salute to you dear Mr. Dhanush and hats off to your relentless rescue operation. Proud of you, Respect
Thank you very much guys. Much humbled by your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
That a Bhpian is in the forefront of rescue operations is a matter of immense pride for all of us. He dismisses all our praise, calling the service a part of his duty.

This simply is proof of his humility.

(It wouldn't be improper for me to recall the respectful and touching send off given by the residents of Mudigere and Belagavi to the men in uniform by tying Rakhis on their wrists!)

Having said that, it is our bounden duty to do whatever we can to rehabilitate the needy. Governments alone cannot be entrusted (or trusted) with this gargantuan task.
Thank you very much. Despite your magnanimity, I would still say that I only did what anyone else would have under the circumstances.

You are absolutely true that we need to do whatever possible to rehabilitate the needy. I'm sure the central government will also pitch in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandx View Post
Kudos and salute to you Dhanush Menon.

And it also feels great to see the India Bird "Dhruv" in action as well. The Basket seems to be of great utility as compared to what we have seen normally w.r.t maybe a Chetak where a rope is slung along with a tube harness for a single person.
Thanks a lot. Yes , the basket was a game changer indeed. It was first inducted into Navy in 2005-06 when it came as a standard kit with UH3H helicopter. After undertaking feasibility study on its use, it was later taken into the ALH too in 2014. The basket is US made and not part of the HAL kit. It was very successful during the Kerala flood relief operations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Hats off to you and our defence forces Dhanush!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Proud of your entire group Dhanush! One of the best feelings being on the forum and getting to see this.
Thank you very much. It will take some while before the affected people return back to normalcy. You have seen the aftermath of Kerala floods. Here , because of the vast expanse of the area, it would take a little longer than Kerala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Hats off to you sir! What a thread to view on our Independence Day!!

Certainly made my day. A Major is part of our community here and it does make me feel proud to be part of the group.
Thank you very much gururajrv. Very kind words. Much humbled.
Regards.
dhanushmenon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 09:37   #68
BHPian

I was a couch potato and always hesitated to do stuff that my heart told me to. Last year during the floods that ravaged across kerala, Dhanush motivated me to do my part for the ones badly affected. I did whatever little i could, and this year again i did (and still doing)what i can.

Dhanush bhai (our loving bigg bro), thanks for showing me what humanity means and bringing out the best within each of us.

Angels dont just live in books and fairy tales, they are amongst us. And Mister D is one Angel with a mischevious smile
rajoy123 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 09:51   #69
Senior - BHPian

Proud of you Friend. Having seen the devastation that has been caused I feel very sorry for the people affected. Entire villages and homes have been wiped off. And actual work towards rehabilitating them is yet to start. They have no where to live and no harvest later.
srishiva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 12:12   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajoy123 View Post
I was a couch potato and always hesitated to do stuff that my heart told me to. Last year during the floods that ravaged across kerala, Dhanush motivated me to do my part for the ones badly affected. I did whatever little i could, and this year again i did (and still doing)what i can.

Angels dont just live in books and fairy tales, they are amongst us. And Mister D is one Angel with a mischevious smile
Thanks a lot Rajoy for your very kind words. The actual heroes are the ones who do things beyond their call of duty. I was just doing my job; but people like you who voluntarily helped from the depth of their hearts are the real Angels. The flood relief material that you (and many others like you) distributed last year and this year at flood ravages areas, is worth its weight in gold. Nothing else can match the satisfaction it brings and none can even count the kind blessings you got from the people you served.

Hatsoff to you man. Really proud of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Proud of you Friend. Having seen the devastation that has been caused I feel very sorry for the people affected. Entire villages and homes have been wiped off. And actual work towards rehabilitating them is yet to start. They have no where to live and no harvest later.
Thank you very much srishiva.
It will take time and a lot of effort for life to return to normalcy. Let's hope for the best.
dhanushmenon is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 14:46   #71
BHPian

Hats off to you Dhanush and the entire crew which did a great job!
It is very good that this thread was started so that we come to know of greats like you. Thanks GTO for starting
srikrishna717 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 13:19   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Commendable job Dhanush! I live in Kerala and I can say, I'm awestruck by the way you and people from your line of work do their duties. Tremendous job! Words can't express the gratitude.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 13:34   #73
BHPian

Thanks for EVERYTHING, Dhanush sir!

India is proud of selfless folks like you, this debt can't ever be repaid.

Request to mods- distinguished BHPian, please!
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 13:54   #74
Senior - BHPian

How did I miss this thread.
Brilliant Job Dhanush. Hats off. People like you make my faith in humanity stronger. And thanks for sharing the pics underlining the rescue efforts. News outlets misses out on these finer details. It shows how much hard rescue teams works even putting their own lives in danger all the time. Simply brilliant and brave.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 18:23   #75
BHPian

A true hero, the nation owes you! Thanks for being so selfless!
deepfreak15 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed