Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2019, 12:51   #16
BHPian

Re: Kerala Police caught driving without wearing seatbelts

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Either this chap has reached a point where he doesn't care anymore or he's well-connected himself.
That's what majority of us in this country do. Grin, bear, not complain, and get on with our work. I appreciate this guy. If a few of the fellow countrymen start standing upto the "law enforcement" then we would have a better place.
On a two lane road, during a traffic jam when multiple lanes of vehicles line up, the police allows the ones at the front (who have jumped the lane) to go through first without any penalty whereas the guys in the lane are left sucking their thumbs. Can we question the policeman in this case? Or does one need to have left all the worldly worries or be well connected?
rajivr1612 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 20:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post

Big Thumbs down for what he did. let him try pulling the same stunt on Delhi/Haryana police, then he will understand on what side of the law he was while pulling this stop maneuver.

Pramod
Cops are no one but public servants, maybe people in Delhi and Haryana have forgotten it. They fall under all the same laws the public falls under, we shouldn't be afraid of them if there is no mistake on our side. We can and should always question their mistakes too.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 20:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Cops are no one but public servants, maybe people in Delhi and Haryana have forgotten it. They fall under all the same laws the public falls under, we shouldn't be afraid of them if there is no mistake on our side. We can and should always question their mistakes too.
Obstruction of duty for a viral video is not justified. I to consider them as public servants, but you don't advocate talking to any fellow human being like the way that guy with the action camera was talking. If a camera alone can make some common bloke arrogant and can stop a police vehicle the way he did, then I don't Blame cops from Haryana or Delhi the way they act since are drunk in power.

Now everyone else understood what I meant, let me know if my statement came as if I am supporting the arrogance of Cops?

There are better ways, he could have taken the video as evidence and filed a complain the nearest police station, but we all love seeing the hunter become hunted, don't we?

I am still saying what he did was absolutely stupid especially for a viral video.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 22:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Reminds me of this meme-
Name:  bosnia.png
Views: 1710
Size:  215.6 KB
Honestly, this guy had the whole thing on video. He could have got the registration plate of the car and put it on social media to shame the cops. Going to stop the police was a step too far. I hope some people don't take inspiration from this make India like the Wild West and I wouldn't like to see the lawlessness increase.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 04:31   #20
BHPian

This is very recent. Front passenger not wearing seatbelt.

Source: Telegraph
Attached Thumbnails
Kerala Police caught driving without wearing seatbelts-image47694f3d17744dc7803900d72936b696.jpg  

shree_shell is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 09:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Reminds me of this meme-
Attachment 1909984
Honestly, this guy had the whole thing on video. He could have got the registration plate of the car and put it on social media to shame the cops. Going to stop the police was a step too far. I hope some people don't take inspiration from this make India like the Wild West and I wouldn't like to see the lawlessness increase.
Definitely, agree that the guy went over the top. Arrogance in his talk was unmistakable.

I thought the cops were more dignified in their response.

Sometimes such jolts/shocks are necessary to get the attention, yes it can go in both ways.

Hope the police would not start flagging down every bike/car driven with these accessories.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 10:51   #22
BHPian

Most of us want to catch lawmakers / implementers breaking the law, redhandedly. But this act of his seems like made purely for attention-seeking purpose. He is for sure wrongly influenced by Indian Cinema . I would never appreciate this type of arrogant behavior from anyone. I would rather suggest anyone to take a cool route, think before you act.
vijayshouree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 11:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
What the cops did was wrong, and there is no way to defend that. That is why they agreed to wear the seatbelts.

I would disagree on one point. I appreciate the strictness with which Kerala Police enforces traffic laws. That is why traffic discipline is better in Kerala compared to other states near it.

Well, I am utterly uncomfortable driving in KL. The Kerala police actually is doing a good job by enforcing traffic rules and religiously issuing speeding tickets. Probably its the nexus, but no authorities give a damn about rashly driven KSRTCs, private buses, tippers and even regular private cars killing people almost everyday. Its become a norm in Kerala to hog the right hand side of the road, and overtake recklessly. IMHO, more than the cops enforcing rules, the citizens should imbibe some decent road manners. The biker did the right thing.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 12:21   #24
BHPian

The act being right or lawful is one aspect of it. It needs courage to do such things but there's very fine line between courage and insanity.

However, it's more important by common sense and by Motor Vehicle act as well not to endanger one's own life or anyone's else life. Life is precious, it's important to respect life and then do whatever one can to highlight omissions. Just my one cent!
Old 27th August 2019, 14:55   #25
BHPian

So I am going to go against the popular opinion here.

We need to understand that Cops are public servants and need not be addressed or treated as someone superior,its their damn job and they aren't doing any favours on us , also as upholders of the law its all the more important to rub it in their faces when they do illegal stuff themselves.

I have clicked many pictures of traffic violations by cops here in Gurugram and shared them on the fb page of Gurugram Traffic Police and even followed up to see the challans if any that have been issued to them , and always my follow ups have gone unanswered.

I think its perfectly fine to get them on video to ensure culpability as long as your language and conduct remains civil.

And for the ones who say this can't be done in Delhi / Haryana, i have done it multiple times, as long as you don't act like an idiot they won't mistreat you either.
noo.b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 17:02   #26
BANNED

I hope this video doesn't induce some other 'normal' folks to imitate this individual. India is not the place to strut around bravado for public good. One could be done in in front of a crowd one has worked one's heart out for, and no one is going to raise a finger to rescue.

Last edited by COMMUTER : 27th August 2019 at 17:07.
Old 27th August 2019, 17:58   #27
BHPian

I agree that the cops should fasten seat belt always, I suppose the old sumo's seat belt wouldn't open when they have to jump out to catch a culprit.

Also, will this guy on bike assure he wont drive beyond speed limits? It has now become a norm to create a viral video, just for those likes and shares
Old 27th August 2019, 20:30   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Here's another "pouran" (malayalam for citizen) doing his duty:

As per Police Act 110
That look on his face & the smile at 0:31!!! Priceless!!! Mastercard should use this as their next advertisement!!!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th August 2019 at 00:56. Reason: Removed video from quoted portion for readability.
DDiSLover is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks