Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2019, 15:26   #1
BHPian

Fined for ‘not wearing uniform’ while driving a self-drive car

Cops in Karnataka have fined a group of Scientists from IISC for not wearing uniform while driving a self drive car. (REVV)
How low can these people stoop to fine people for no reason at all.
Also, I am amazed at the creatvity of these cops in finding all new irrelevant and stupid reasons to extort money.

Sorce :

https://www.cartoq.com/iisc-scientis...ive-car-video/
ishan12 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 20:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fined for ‘not wearing uniform’ while driving a self-drive car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
Cops in Karnataka have fined a group of Scientists from IISC for not wearing uniform while driving a self drive car. (REVV)
How low can these people stoop to fine people for no reason at all.
Also, I am amazed at the creatvity of these cops in finding all new irrelevant and stupid reasons to extort money.
This is just hilarious. I hope the higher ups take appropriate action. First of all, the self-driven commercial cars themselves are in a grey area in many states. Very few have laws governing them.

Additionally, the cops have huge egos. So incase they have been fouled by anyone in their life, they ensure they take it out on anyone they can find. I hope strict action is taken against them setting this up as an example for other cops out there.

Last edited by blackwasp : 27th August 2019 at 20:32.
Old 27th August 2019, 21:54   #3
BHPian

Sad state of affairs. This incident is absolutely ridiculous. I hope this gets escalated and the cops face action for their misdemeanour. If they were issued a challan, I am curious to know what was mentioned in it.
rajvardhanraje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 08:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

This is atrocious. The cops who are supposed to protect the people are thrashing the person. On what grounds? The cop doesn't even know the difference between a taxi and a rental car? All those cops deserve to be dismissed from service pronto. There is nothing to investigate. Everything is crystal clear in the video. The sooner they are kicked out, the better.
Old 28th August 2019, 11:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

Always happens in Karnataka. I have been requested to pay fine for having AP registration vehicle even after the supreme court order came out to prevent such nonsense. The cop asked me that after realizing I had all other documents. Another time cop tried to fine me for rash riding when I came down a flyover and honked at him because he was doing 20kph in the fast lane. Absolutely pathetic behavior of cops in Bangalore. They seem to be shameless over there.
Old 28th August 2019, 12:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

They should quit their police jobs and becoming scientists, as they seem to be very good at inventing new rules
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 12:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

I think wearing a uniform itself is a stupid rule. This is how too many rules that doesn't make sense give rise to too many instances of being applied wrongly.

I hope this goes to courts and cops are penalized to maximum.
srishiva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 14:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore cops are the worst in the entire country. This behaviour just proves it beyond doubt.
Old 30th August 2019, 19:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

I really want to know under what section have they been challaned. There has to be a provision for this under the Karnataka MV rules or something. I really could not understand the co relation between uniform and self driving car.

Traffic cops all over the country are same. They suffer from selective blindness and deafness.
Old 4th September 2019, 19:58   #10
BHPian

We need to be careful while renting out cars from these platforms.
Normally, all self-drive rental cars come up with Black Plate with yellow colour for registration. But there have been several instances of customers getting yellow board with black coloured registration plates. Many bhpinas have been through such an instance.
It might be even possible that the person who was harassed by police must have been given a car with a yellow board. If that is the case, the company should be penalized severely.
Companies must ensure that they verify all necessary parameters before handing over the car. It is really traumatizing to get abused by some unruly cops for someone's fault.

Most Viewed