Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2008, 13:20   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Another Accident, Santro head on collision with a Stationary truck, Near the trade check post ,Pari Chowk

Both were Students passed out of Modern School. Pic in todays Sunday Times.
Till date Expressway has claimed 45 Lives!!!
Here is the article.
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...0102&AppName=1

In Hindustan times one more accident mentioned of Accent and Truck. While going to pari chawk there is a police check post at the turn where truck stands for checking and half of the road is blocked.
Last night at around 10:30-11pm pm i was there with my friend in my accent, at the same point suddenly idiot truck driver took his truck in my way. Applied Emergency brakes thank god nothing happened. Then me and my friend stopped the truck in bet. the road and took the driver off truck and really beat the hell out of him. That Truck driver was drunk. and we took him to the police guys and asked them how the hell you guys leave him as he is drunk. My friend called some politian from Noida (sorry can't disclose the name) and policeman and that guy had a talk because we had a good argue with the policemen there because of that truck driver and they had to arrest that driver due to political pressure. We missed the truck by 3-4 feet.
Thanx to ABS in my Car. Applied Emergency Brakes and Hand Brake At Once. Else my car's pic would had been there in the newspapers too.
Old 4th May 2008, 13:21   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
I just recieved a news flash on my cell saying accident 16 killed on mumbai -pune expressway can some one confirm as i am posting this from my handset and travelling to nagpur !!
REGARDS
SAAJAN
Its 14 not 16 on Pune Expressway.
Old 4th May 2008, 19:14   #153
Senior - BHPian

Thank God Gangsta, The expressway is seriously becoming very dangerous as the truck drivers parking their cars everywhere and changing lanes without any indication or anything.
Old 4th May 2008, 19:37   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Thank God Gangsta, The expressway is seriously becoming very dangerous as the truck drivers parking their cars everywhere and changing lanes without any indication or anything.
At night, when we were coming back a biker on passion was running fearless on the high speed lane and that too his rear brake lights was broken. Dangerous too Dangerous. Safaris and Scorpios runs above 120 kmph on that lane.

From your previous posts, it seems you drive daily on expressway, You can understand what i'm talking about senseless driving by people there.
Old 4th May 2008, 19:42   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Applied Emergency Brakes and Hand Brake At Once. Else my car's pic would had been there in the newspapers too.
Thank God you didn't make it into the newspapers!

Just a word of caution, though - using handbrake on an ABS equipped vehicle kinda defeats the ABS on the rear wheels.
Old 4th May 2008, 20:37   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Thank God you didn't make it into the newspapers!

Just a word of caution, though - using handbrake on an ABS equipped vehicle kinda defeats the ABS on the rear wheels.
In Accent All wheel ABS is not there, only front (Correct me if i'm wrong). But i was going straight so no point of steering the car and there was no place to steer the car too that was the problem. So i had to apply brakes as hard as i can ABS helped me so that my car should not skid and ram into the truck.
Old 5th May 2008, 10:31   #157
Senior - BHPian

I drive the entire expressway atleast two times daily, Maybe sometimes more.I have my college in Greater Noida, When i started going i also use to speed, push my car to the max, But after seeing such incidents, I think twice before stepping on that accelerator.

I have seen a motorcyclist die in front of eyes. That incident scared me the most.Also i have lost two of my college friends in a crash on the expressway.People have no sense at all how to drive on expressways, They just know to press the pedal to the max and see the speeds reach the high on the expressway. No lane sense, No lane changing sense. Nothing, Thats a common site on the expressway seeing motorcycles without brake lights and stuff.

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 5th May 2008 at 10:33.
Old 6th May 2008, 07:50   #158
BHPian

Quote:
I drive the entire expressway atleast two times daily, Maybe sometimes more.I have my college in Greater Noida, When i started going i also use to speed, push my car to the max, But after seeing such incidents, I think twice before stepping on that accelerator.

I have seen a motorcyclist die in front of eyes. That incident scared me the most.Also i have lost two of my college friends in a crash on the expressway.People have no sense at all how to drive on expressways, They just know to press the pedal to the max and see the speeds reach the high on the expressway. No lane sense, No lane changing sense. Nothing, Thats a common site on the expressway seeing motorcycles without brake lights and stuff.
No Wonder we can see accidents on expressways. I had seen on youtube about expressways outside india. The way they do the lane driving. BMW M3 Lambos SuperBikes. They drive without any fear on expressways because they know no Slow moving vehical will come in their high speed lanes... No Cows will come... No Dogs will come...
Our cars are slow infront of their BMWs Lambos Ferraris Civics which i had seen. Still its Human Error not that Senseless Errors as we can see on our expressways. Corrrect me if i'm wrong.
Old 24th June 2008, 23:38   #159
Team-BHP Support

Okay all speed devils. Noida Police has a new interceptor. It mounts the radar on a Manfrotto tripod head on the console, and I presume its a Radar unit and not LIDAR.
The radar was dismounted with only the tripod head was visible.
So be prepared for 40kmph limit on the expressway to hell
The thingy in the center is the tripod head
The Expressway to Hell-image043.jpg
The Expressway to Hell-image044.jpg
Old 1st July 2008, 19:28   #160
BHPian

haha hoho hehe new intercepters. nice pics.

Yesterday evening, a girl knocked off her santro on expressway. Good damage to the car, but she was alright. She was at 90-100 and her tyres slipped off due to heavy water on the extreme right side of the road. When i had a good look at her tyres. Bald tyres. i don't know why people drive like this. Bald tyres on a wet surface. couldnt got the pics because of the police and owners standing there and it was a bit dark to take the pics.

Same day, one stupid fool villager came infront of me, i was at around 140+ kmph. Then just before pari chawk, one more idiot came infront of me I was around 100-100 kmph and had to apply sudden emergency brakes. Thanx to superb brakes of Elantra CRDi, car stopped hardly 4-5 mtr away from that cyclewalla else he would had been a dead meat by then and instead he commented "Dekhayi nahi deta kya?" what the hell? . Me and my friend really beat the hell out of him like anything in the middle of the road. Sorry to say but my mood was off on that day and took all my anger on him.

12-13 days back, I was coming back to delhi. I was around 170-180 kmph and speedo was going up and up. I overtook a civic from the left and from the divider area, a stupid aunty was walking on the road to cross it. Oh damn!! man she was walking and waving us to stop. As soon as i overtook the civic, we both had emergency brakes. It was an awesome site to see civic and elantra had hard brakes. hehe my elantra stopped before civic Yahoo..!! then we both abused that stupid aunty and we then we both gave a good smile and thumbs up and again back to delhi.

Driving on expressway is getting harder and harder, especially night driving around 8-9 PM is like uff i really don't want to drive there at this time. You never know from where foolish villagers will come infront of you.

1 year back i really use to enjoy driving on expressway, 4 min. cont. driving on expressway noida at 180-185 kmph. Means 4 min. driving after touching 180 kmph mark. You can imagine how much distance i had covered while driving at this speed. My cousin made a video too for this incidence. We did 11 am in the morning coming back to delhi from Greater Noida. It was that good on that time, and now? I feel a bit scared because i don't know from where these fools will cross the road.

Last edited by Gangsta : 1st July 2008 at 19:31.
Old 1st July 2008, 19:48   #161
Team-BHP Support

I am just wondering where do we expect the villagers to cross the road.
When a car is at a speed of 120 its doing 2 kms in a minute.
Thats like 130+ meters every 10 seconds.

It takes me atleast 5 seconds to scan the road left and right.
and atleast 1/2 minute unless I run real fast to cross the road.

So if I see the left and then see the right without being distracted by anything still a car that was almost 1/2 a km away (on my left) is right beside me.

Not many people can see a car and judge its speed.
Esp on a straight road with no change in perspective.

A dot keeps getting bigger and then its suddenly a Car.

Think about this.
Old 1st July 2008, 20:11   #162
Senior - BHPian

40km speed on a Expressway are you serious that will be the most boring journey from one end to other atleast 60-80km should be allowed.
Old 1st July 2008, 20:41   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
...So be prepared for 40kmph limit on the expressway to hell...
Guess this will take the place for the 'slowest express highway in the world'!!!

Why don't they announce the stretch as a village road???
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:23   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Same day, one stupid fool villager came infront of me, i was at around 140+ kmph. Then just before pari chawk, one more idiot came infront of me I was around 100-100 kmph and had to apply sudden emergency brakes. Thanx to superb brakes of Elantra CRDi, car stopped hardly 4-5 mtr away from that cyclewalla else he would had been a dead meat by then and instead he commented "Dekhayi nahi deta kya?" what the hell? . Me and my friend really beat the hell out of him like anything in the middle of the road. Sorry to say but my mood was off on that day and took all my anger on him.
Mate, you were very lucky that cycle-wallah didn't have fellow villagers around. Otherwise surely there would have been many thing in your body in worse shape than your mood.

\N
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:47   #165
Team-BHP Support

Gangsta, I thought just your handle was Gangsta, looks like you really are a Gangsta

Most Viewed