Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2008, 13:58   #166
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Gangsta, I thought just your handle was Gangsta, looks like you really are a Gangsta
OT: Getting beaten up by Gansta and his friend - is that called Gansta Rap?
Old 2nd July 2008, 14:23   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
OT: Getting beaten up by Gansta and his friend - is that called Gansta Rap?
You bet that's like Eminem bashing all other white rappers in his songs
Old 4th July 2008, 00:17   #168
BHPian

haha tsk1979 mate, its not like that, You are from noida and i bet you had been to expressways many many many times, you know whats the situation there. Just opp. to parsavnath's buildings the way these fools crosses the road. Thanx to the dark time too.
Old 4th July 2008, 00:19   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I am just wondering where do we expect the villagers to cross the road.
When a car is at a speed of 120 its doing 2 kms in a minute.
Thats like 130+ meters every 10 seconds.

It takes me atleast 5 seconds to scan the road left and right.
and atleast 1/2 minute unless I run real fast to cross the road.

So if I see the left and then see the right without being distracted by anything still a car that was almost 1/2 a km away (on my left) is right beside me.

Not many people can see a car and judge its speed.
Esp on a straight road with no change in perspective.

A dot keeps getting bigger and then its suddenly a Car.

Think about this.
Good calc.
what if someone don't see on his left if the car is coming or not? Where is the judgement in this part? In this part it is just a Shear Foolishness by the person who was crossing the road .
Old 5th July 2008, 22:06   #170
BHPian

Although I am not sure about the beating up of villagers and the 180 kmph, I am with Gangsta here.

If you know the highway is infested with high speed vehicles, wouldnt you wait a while for a break in the traffic to cross the road. The way many of these very worthy citizens cross roads is

"Why should I care if I am run over? It will be the driver's fault. I'll be dead and long gone by then!"

or

"Why should I not saunter around on the road like this? Let these car-owning rich fellas slow down for me. I'll show them if they lay their bonnets on me".
Old 16th September 2008, 18:03   #171
BHPian

Another accident on this express way yesterday. I saw it at around 10:30 PM. This time it was Swift. The front of the car is completely destroyed. The impact was so the big that the half of the car body was dismantled.
Could not take any pic as it was night time and this car was standing right in the middle of the road and that too on a curvy road. Also few thullas were also standing at one side and diverting the traffic. There was no street light at that time and cops did not bother to place any signal before the car to make the traffic aware of the accident.
Old 16th September 2008, 21:01   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
There was no street light at that time and cops did not bother to place any signal before the car to make the traffic aware of the accident.
And we still call them expressways!
BTW, is there a patrol on that expressway?
Old 17th September 2008, 02:11   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Another accident on this express way yesterday. I saw it at around 10:30 PM. This time it was Swift. The front of the car is completely destroyed. The impact was so the big that the half of the car body was dismantled.
Could not take any pic as it was night time and this car was standing right in the middle of the road and that too on a curvy road. Also few thullas were also standing at one side and diverting the traffic. There was no street light at that time and cops did not bother to place any signal before the car to make the traffic aware of the accident.
The Swift rammed into a 407 carrier.Totalled.
Street lights are mostly off after 10pm ever since they have put up reflectors dividing the lanes.

By the way, I'm glad you missed the broken down and abandoned tempo laden with cut eucalyptus tree trunks about a few kms prior to the wreck.Stranded middle of the road in the pitch dark.No hazard lights.No nothing.

Luckily, there was moon light.Thank God for small mercies.

Last edited by doctorkats : 17th September 2008 at 02:13.
Old 17th September 2008, 09:45   #174
Senior - BHPian

Today morning i saw a wrecked INDICA in front of HCL office. The accident must have happened last night.

Last edited by kpzen : 17th September 2008 at 09:46.
Old 17th September 2008, 13:19   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Today morning i saw a wrecked INDICA in front of HCL office. The accident must have happened last night.
KP, you moved to G Noida from Freedabad?
Old 17th September 2008, 17:22   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
KP, you moved to G Noida from Freedabad?
I'm still put up in Faridabad. Shunting to greater noida daily for work.
Old 18th September 2008, 11:06   #177
BHPian

haha daily accidents happeneing. 1 week back call center tavera was busted open into the divider. 2 week back a truck rammed into the divider. then 1 month back 3 trucks rammed with each other. So, now nothing new. lolz
Old 12th December 2008, 12:49   #178
BHPian

well well, all this is scary man, I guess from next time one, I would be extra careful while driving in night on this road.

Anyhow, for past fewmonths, I have cut my urge to floor the pedal, now I enjoy speeds 60-80 in city conditions (Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway OR the Ring Road) and 80 to 100 on highway. And suddenly life has become more relaxed, less honking, less braking, less adrenaline being pumped.
Old 13th January 2009, 22:18   #179
BHPian

just saw on some news channel a bus lost control on expressway , greater noida. many injured and 1-2 dead. this was the result of overspeeding and the bus lost control.
Old 29th January 2009, 07:42   #180
Senior - BHPian

Killer expressways

Killer expressways - Economy and Politics - livemint.com

Quote:
When we made this big highway, there were villages along it. The villagers had to cross but there is no place for them to do so,” says Rohit Baluja, the president of the Indian Road Traffic Education
Quote:
With not many designated places to cross the expressway safely many pedestrians jaywalk. “I think there has to be some kind of penal action on the jaywalkers,” says Suvashish Chaudhary the Deputy Commissioner of Police for Traffic in New Delhi.
According to World Road Statistics, an agency that provides the only global compilation of road and vehicle statistics for 185 countries, more than 95,000 people were killed in road accidents in India, in 2007 with Delhi contributing 2,169 deaths to the toll. This is second only to China in the number of deaths on road.
Quote:
Experts say lack of good traffic engineering, that involves safe and efficient techniques to construct roads and manage traffic, is one of the main reasons for an increase in the number of road accidents.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks