Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2009, 09:55   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuraja View Post
On Highway , one should not wait too much and bother the driver going slow on a right lane.
It is perfectly allright to overtake them,from left on highways.
Many in Indian cities do not bother to change lanes, even when a horn was blown hard on their back. It is quite common.
Just ovetake them from left , quetly.
haha i know i do that same i never bother for the people coming in the same lane infront of me...

But the question is... if we cruise like this on highways then people say we are rash drivers. If i get a chance to overtake a truck from the left too (only on 2 way roads not on single way i.e without dividers) then i do it and do it hard with full throttle without bothering the truck guy. My cousins always use to scream that m a freaking rash drive just because i never bother to overtake them from the left.

Last edited by Gangsta : 25th April 2009 at 09:56.
Old 28th May 2009, 13:49   #197
Team-BHP Support

7 more dead

Noida: 7 killed, 12 injured in mishap - Delhi - Cities - The Times of India

A tractor had collided with a crane, and rescue was going on when the container truck hit them. 7 dead and 12 injured.
Old 28th May 2009, 14:06   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
A tractor had collided with a crane, and rescue was going on when the container truck hit them. 7 dead and 12 injured.
Quote:
When the policemen and locals were engaged in the rescue operations, the speeding container hit them, killing seven persons on the spot.
What better can be expected with an ignorant, untrained Police Department?!! Mera Bharat Mahaan!
Old 29th May 2009, 18:00   #199
BHPian

It's hard to imagine how the truck driver failed to see all the commotion that must be on the road with the rescue work going on. Unless it was being done in plenty of darkness. I guess another instance of drunk & speeding non-highway trucker claiming innocent lives. *Sigh*
Old 29th May 2009, 22:47   #200
BHPian

on my recent trip from bangalore to kodai (a mixed bag of NH and SH roads) I must say that most of the buses gave way when I honked. However, there were a few trucks that just refused to give way from the right lane which is mighty irritating.

I also noticed that the trucks take forever to overtake each other and never seem to give up. I guess they just hate losing momentum. If only they had better engines and didnt overload so much
Old 5th November 2009, 09:17   #201
Senior - BHPian

A bunch of idiots with 2 cars and a bike playing TUG of WAR on expressway with a piece of cloth.
The Expressway to Hell-01112009426.jpg
Old 5th November 2009, 12:43   #202
Senior - BHPian

Were they asking the bike guys to jump over?

Overtaking from left is not recommended in your own safety. be very careful and have a good view of road ahead for being free of any other thing. i had almost crashed once and after that prefer to wait a little.
Old 7th November 2009, 14:33   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
A bunch of idiots with 2 cars and a bike playing TUG of WAR on expressway with a piece of cloth.
Attachment 222145
haha great. they have guts, they are warriors.

PS: Guts and Stupidity are opposite of each other. haha
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:15   #204
BHPian

I saw an OHC V-Tec with some minor modification met with an accident yesterday on the same expressway. What got my attention was a big team bhp sticker on the side panel on yesterday.
Sorry no pic as I forgot that my mobile phone also has a camera.

I feel that Team BHP Stickers also carry a big responsibility and if we are carrying an identity of Team-BHP, we must follow the traffic rules and set examples to other on the road.

Last edited by anonymous : 23rd November 2009 at 14:18.
Old 23rd November 2009, 21:48   #205
BHPian

Totally agree with anonymous, if we can set an example for others to follow. The least we can do is ensure it is the right example.
Old 24th November 2009, 09:18   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
I saw an OHC V-Tec with some minor modification met with an accident yesterday on the same expressway. What got my attention was a big team bhp sticker on the side panel on yesterday.

I feel that Team BHP Stickers also carry a big responsibility and if we are carrying an identity of Team-BHP, we must follow the traffic rules and set examples to other on the road.
+1
Totally agreed with what you said.
Old 24th November 2009, 10:12   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post

it was silver color city with black Greddy sticker on the right fender, haven't noticed team bhp sticker. m i right?
Old 27th November 2009, 14:23   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
it was silver color city with black Greddy sticker on the right fender, haven't noticed team bhp sticker. m i right?
It was golden color city and 2 black stripes in the middle body of the car and team bhp sticker on the side panel.

Last edited by anonymous : 27th November 2009 at 14:32.
Old 3rd December 2009, 00:51   #209
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys.

It is fact, as one of our Team BHP member told that being a member of Team BHP and also with the sticker on our vehicle we have some responsibilities in following traffic rules. Let us follow for our own safety on roads.
Old 8th June 2010, 14:23   #210
BHPian

Three persons were killed and two others injured in a road accident on the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway, around 1 am on Monday.
Investigations revealed that there was a tyre burst, after which the driver lost control of his car and crashed into a road divider. Also, they all appeared to be drunk.

Here is the link
3 killed, 2 hurt in G.Noida accident- Hindustan Times

I saw this car myself and it was fully totalled.

Most Viewed