Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2007, 20:17   #61
Senior - BHPian

Guys,Today while returning from college i saw yet another bad accident on the expressway.I managed to get a pic.Excuse for bad quality.Phone cam.Nobody died on the spot,There were 2 occupants.Does anybody here have any other details??

When when people stop playing with their lives.

@hyundai_lover: Dude,i have slowed down for sure.Thanks for the advice.

Old 29th November 2007, 20:20   #62
BHPian

What a mess!! Hope no one is seriously injured in this one!
Old 29th November 2007, 21:05   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Guys,Today while returning from college i saw yet another bad accident on the expressway.I managed to get a pic.Excuse for bad quality.Phone cam.Nobody died on the spot,There were 2 occupants.Does anybody here have any other details??

When when people stop playing with their lives.

@hyundai_lover: Dude,i have slowed down for sure.Thanks for the advice.
Cool man. I will see this iron can tommorrow morning. These Indica Cabbies drive like hell in delhi roads and even on expressway. They think they are rally drivers on express ways, making lefts and right turns Sorry sharp turns above 100+ kmph on indicas, tavera, Innova (much stable but when its fully loaded with 10 people it is a boat)

Now a days many institutes have opened on expressway and students asks for lifts. So, Cabbies overloads their cars. Can you believe, 9 people in an indica running above 120 kmph.

The problem is their cars are unstable and they think they are the kings of the roads, if they can drive in a rush then they can give full thrust on expressways too. These cabbies even race with each other to get more pessengers.

yesterday only, nobody was there infront of me, so thought to give a throtle. at around 140-150 kmph, one bloody SX4 guy wanted to race with me and cont. was giving me dippers. I gave him side so that he can overtake me. but that %^#$@#$ was cont. driving just behind me and tried to distract me. Suddenly 5-6 Street dogs came running crossing the road. But that SX4 guy was just 6-8 feet behind me. I cant apply the brakes. So, i had to cut very sharply to the right, means very sharp i could hear rubbers burning but the car was in full control and i trust my babe (car)for it. and that sx4 guy blows 3 street dogs and all of them flying in the air.

I stopped my car and asked him to stop but that guy havnt stopped at all and didnt even bothered to check his bumper as his bumper was busted like hell.

We have these type of lame people who risk their life and other's too. These type of people should be in bars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
What a mess!! Hope no one is seriously injured in this one!
It seems one more RIP case or real serious injury.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 29th November 2007 at 21:10.
Old 29th November 2007, 21:17   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
Cool man. I will see this iron can tommorrow morning. These Indica Cabbies drive like hell in delhi roads and even on expressway. They think they are rally drivers on express ways, making lefts and right turns Sorry sharp turns above 100+ kmph on indicas, tavera, Innova (much stable but when its fully loaded with 10 people it is a boat)

Now a days many institutes have opened on expressway and students asks for lifts. So, Cabbies overloads their cars. Can you believe, 9 people in an indica running above 120 kmph.

The problem is their cars are unstable and they think they are the kings of the roads, if they can drive in a rush then they can give full thrust on expressways too. These cabbies even race with each other to get more pessengers.

yesterday only, nobody was there infront of me, so thought to give a throtle. at around 140-150 kmph, one bloody SX4 guy wanted to race with me and cont. was giving me dippers. I gave him side so that he can overtake me. but that %^#$@#$ was cont. driving just behind me and tried to distract me. Suddenly 5-6 Street dogs came running crossing the road. But that SX4 guy was just 6-8 feet behind me. I cant apply the brakes. So, i had to cut very sharply to the right, means very sharp i could hear rubbers burning but the car was in full control and i trust my babe (car)for it. and that sx4 guy blows 3 street dogs and all of them flying in the air.

I stopped my car and asked him to stop but that guy havnt stopped at all and didnt even bothered to check his bumper as his bumper was busted like hell.

We have these type of lame people who risk their life and other's too. These type of people should be in bars.

Cabbies are a huge problem on the expressway.you mentioned it correctly.There are so many institutes in G.Noida and a number of cabs go up and down the expressway,but these guys dont deserve to drive on the expressway.The SX4 wanted to smoke you.

Checkout the car,it on the exit of the expressway in G.Noida.The turn which goes to the Knowledge park(Galgotia).Its lieing there on the cut.
Old 29th November 2007, 21:23   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Cabbies are a huge problem on the expressway.you mentioned it correctly.There are so many institutes in G.Noida and a number of cabs go up and down the expressway,but these guys dont deserve to drive on the expressway.The SX4 wanted to smoke you.

Checkout the car,it on the exit of the expressway in G.Noida.The turn which goes to the Knowledge park(Galgotia).Its lieing there on the cut.
Aah! i guessed right. On the turn. lol lost control at turns. Sorry, but it will harsh and mods can edit my msg.

No Sympathy For Cabbies

And that SX4 guy and for smoking me, Don't know why he was inviting me to race? I was at just 140 kmph which is a normal speed for sedans on expressway.

Have ya seen that red M800 accident on expressway, on the left just 3-4 kmph before exit of Expressway, Delhi End. I have it's pic too but its in my cousin's mobile. I will post that too.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 29th November 2007 at 21:25.
Old 29th November 2007, 21:37   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
Aah! i guessed right. On the turn. lol lost control at turns. Sorry, but it will harsh and mods can edit my msg.

No Sympathy For Cabbies

And that SX4 guy and for smoking me, Don't know why he was inviting me to race? I was at just 140 kmph which is a normal speed for sedans on expressway.

Have ya seen that red M800 accident on expressway, on the left just 3-4 kmph before exit of Expressway, Delhi End. I have it's pic too but its in my cousin's mobile. I will post that too.
He was inviting you for a race.Thats why he didn't overtake you.And i must say to took a clever decision to not apply the brakes...That guy would have come straight into you.

I had seen that as well,Which was lieing upside down right!! Post the pic fast.I couldn't take the pic.
Old 29th November 2007, 21:42   #67
BHPian

Quote:
He was inviting you for a race.Thats why he didn't overtake you.And i must say to took a clever decision to not apply the brakes...That guy would have come straight into you.

I had seen that as well,Which was lieing upside down right!! Post the pic fast.I couldn't take the pic.
lol that i know he was inviting me for the race, my cousin is online... he is giving me the pic. please standby.

BTW any idea how this accident occured @ indica one?
Old 29th November 2007, 21:59   #68
BHPian

Here we go, accident on 22nd Nov, 2007 on expressway. engine was blown into pieces after it rammed into the railing bars.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 29th November 2007 at 22:00.
Old 29th November 2007, 23:06   #69
BHPian

haha nice title tsk man
Old 29th November 2007, 23:50   #70
Senior - BHPian

Horrific crash ..Btw the exhaust of the 800 looks in good shape and easily pluckable
Old 30th November 2007, 13:27   #71
BHPian

In the Morning at 9 AM there was hell lot of fog on expressway. Hardly 20-30 mtr visibility. Still Cabbies were running their cabs at good speed. No Fog light, No Parking Lights, No Headlights in such thick fogs. My Speed: Constant 50 kmph.

Today U.P police are handing over chalaans to the cabbies at G. Noida, ExpressWay Exit.
All the Cabbies are being caught by the police at Pari Chauk. While coming back today i had seen only one cab (indica) passing me. rest were gathered at pari chawk by the cops. My speed was 40-50 kmph today as i was having Thumbs Up Chips and Smoke. Ahem Ahem!!
Old 30th November 2007, 13:29   #72
Team-BHP Support

Challans for overspeeding?
AFAIK the speed limit sign reads 80kmph
Did they have speed guns?
Old 30th November 2007, 13:37   #73
Senior - BHPian

i have never seen UP Police having speed guns
Old 30th November 2007, 13:39   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

That expressway is surely killing a lot of people too quickly. All you Delhi folks drive safe on that road
Old 30th November 2007, 13:41   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Challans for overspeeding?
AFAIK the speed limit sign reads 80kmph
Did they have speed guns?
Not for overspeeding, but from pari chawk cabbies picks pessengers and that indica accident was the result of it. Cabbies are not allowed to run their taxi business on the expressways. So that's why.

Today i had seen M800, with 8 pessengers on expressway. 5 behind and 3 infront. Crossed me at very high speed and i could hear the sound of the engine of M800. Police Stopped that M800 for the challaan.

And the speed limit use to be 80 kmph, now its a free way with no limits. You can see 80 kmph Boards Crossed with redline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
i have never seen UP Police having speed guns
Na Na, for running illegal business on the expressways. We have Buses for it.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 30th November 2007 at 13:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks