Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2007, 13:45   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That expressway is surely killing a lot of people too quickly. All you Delhi folks drive safe on that road
Majority of the accidents are due to Driving Errors, not because of the high speeds. For high Speed only few accidents had occured.

Oh forgot to tell you, Today i had seen a crane picking up NHC and NHC was busted from the front. means one more accident i think at night.
Old 1st December 2007, 18:05   #77

ya rite>>>
perhaps the hyundai guy is rite>>>>
driving errors result into accidents
first the person shud have enof control on his car n shud no abt his car as well>>>>

Note from Mod - Please type your posts in full words without SMS language, and avoid using excessive symbols >>>>

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st December 2007 at 19:43. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 1st December 2007, 19:18   #78
BHPian

When will those guys learn about the phrase "Better safe than Sorry."
I know that expressway, it is a good place to stretch out your legs. But it is not made for work out. A steady 90~100 gives better results than 50~150.
Old 2nd December 2007, 10:39   #79
BHPian

Correct me if i am wrong but have they not totally spoilt the drive from delhi to noida by constructing a pillar in the right most lane. Was in delhi 5 months ago so memory is sketchy about which side and lane.
I remember driving in July during very heavy rainfall and I was following another car. The construction site appeared suddenly and without warnig. I was lucky that i was 50mts behind the other car and noticed the car in front of me braing real hard and i was immediately able to take corrective action. Though on the way back to delhi i saw a Qualis parked on tope the construction material just before the pillar. God save us alll from this ludicrous style of construction. Have they take no lesson from the DMRC construction style which ensures convinience and safety.
Old 2nd December 2007, 12:20   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_raiser View Post
Correct me if i am wrong but have they not totally spoilt the drive from delhi to noida by constructing a pillar in the right most lane. Was in delhi 5 months ago so memory is sketchy about which side and lane.
I remember driving in July during very heavy rainfall and I was following another car. The construction site appeared suddenly and without warnig. I was lucky that i was 50mts behind the other car and noticed the car in front of me braing real hard and i was immediately able to take corrective action. Though on the way back to delhi i saw a Qualis parked on tope the construction material just before the pillar. God save us alll from this ludicrous style of construction. Have they take no lesson from the DMRC construction style which ensures convinience and safety.
It happens many times, One never knew what can come suddenly on expressways. Few days back, Doggies came infront me. Touch wood i saved them and my bumper was safe too.

Sometimes accidents do occur due to the fact that very few people (who don't have much sense of driving) runs their car (50-60 kmph) on the high speedy lane. Touchwood this thing never happened to me, because i drive safe but it happened to a skoda infront me which was about to hit M800.

Well..!! there is a check post 2 km before greater noida and that too on the curve and plenty of time to slow down on the curve. rest Piller? never seen. may be some construction work was going on and they had just put pillar shaped object on the road.
Old 2nd December 2007, 13:13   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Challans for overspeeding?
AFAIK the speed limit sign reads 80kmph
Did they have speed guns?
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
i have never seen UP Police having speed guns
Ghaziabad Police has a full fledged Interceptor setup in a Versa. How do I know, you ask?? Well that's because I've been caught speeding on NH-24 by it once??

P.S. On asking the thulla that why was the check going on that day (In my 20 years of travelling on that road, this is the first time I've seen this happening) he very coolly replied "32 lakh ki gaadi kharidi hai sarkar ne, paisa kahin se to aayega hi naa"
Old 2nd December 2007, 14:23   #82
Team-BHP Support

But does that road have posted speed limits?
Also if you run away, do they chase you in Versa or on Foot?
In Noida if you run away, three policemen chase you on foot with bellies bouncing at 5kmph, and 3 climb on a moped and chase you at 15kmph.
You can't be caught unless you break down, or are laughing too hard to run away
Old 2nd December 2007, 14:28   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Ghaziabad Police has a full fledged Interceptor setup in a Versa. How do I know, you ask?? Well that's because I've been caught speeding on NH-24 by it once??

P.S. On asking the thulla that why was the check going on that day (In my 20 years of travelling on that road, this is the first time I've seen this happening) he very coolly replied "32 lakh ki gaadi kharidi hai sarkar ne, paisa kahin se to aayega hi naa"
Over speeding chalaan and that too on ghaziabad? whats going on? in gzb people even jumps red lights infront of policemen.

and what the heck is that? hahaha 32 lakh ki gaadi kharidi hai sarkar ne, paisa kahi se to aayega hi naa. hohohoho damn really nice ans.

Quote:
But does that road have posted speed limits?
Also if you run away, do they chase you in Versa or on Foot?
In Noida if you run away, three policemen chase you on foot with bellies bouncing at 5kmph, and 3 climb on a moped and chase you at 15kmph.
You can't be caught unless you break down, or are laughing too hard to run away
<<< i'm rolling like this after reading your statement.
Old 2nd December 2007, 16:12   #84
BHPian

I had heard of a Police Interceptor Vehicle in the US. How fast did the cop drive to catch you ?

How can a Versa cost 32 lakhs ?
Old 2nd December 2007, 16:40   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
I had heard of a Police Interceptor Vehicle in the US. How fast did the cop drive to catch you ?
They don't drive behind you to catch you. They stand in one place & measure your speed and radio your speed & car number to cops standing some distance down the road, who in turn stop you.

What we have here is more of a system akin to Speed Traps used abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
How can a Versa cost 32 lakhs ?
I doubt it can even with the Speed measuring equipment but I guess the policeman was ill-informed.
Old 3rd December 2007, 02:51   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

I doubt it can even with the Speed measuring equipment but I guess the policeman was ill-informed.
The cost would be around 8 lakhs. 24 lakhs would be Baksheesh
Old 3rd December 2007, 14:23   #87
BHPian

Quote:
The cost would be around 8 lakhs. 24 lakhs would be Baksheesh
We all know who will eat up rest of the money.
Old 4th December 2007, 19:51   #88
BHPian

Sorry for the first pic, glared one. Accident on the same curve where santro was busted. but on the opposite side. mind ya its a good sharp turn and rammed hard and busted open from everywhere. santro's turn was a big wider but on the other hand the turn on which this esteem rammed is very sharp means just opp. to the place where santro rammed. Esteem RIP (Total Loss), dunno about the driver, but it seems driver must had saved. Today Press people were shooting videos of this esteem and expressway when i was clicking the pic.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 4th December 2007 at 19:56.
Old 4th December 2007, 20:06   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post

Rear ended as well?

Did they survive?.. only if they had seatbelts on.
Old 4th December 2007, 20:09   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Rear ended as well?

Did they survive?.. only if they had seatbelts on.
Sorry no rear end, media people were shooting there and making documentry, I wanted to click the rear end but i don't want to come in media's limelight. So, havnt came out of my car.

Dunno if they survived. But it seems esteem turned upside down few times, really cant say. Impact point of view... he must had saved... but rolling point of view... 50-50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks