Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2008, 21:51   #121
Team-BHP Support

The second one looks bad. I think I see some blood on the inside of the roof. My prayers with the people in the cars.
Old 9th April 2008, 21:55   #122
Senior - BHPian

Isn't that a barbed wire on the Sumo?
Old 10th April 2008, 09:32   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Isn't that a barbed wire on the Sumo?
Yes...actually the car went out of control/Driver was drunk/Sleeping and it climbed the divider where there was barbed wire!!!
Old 11th April 2008, 03:08   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Yes...actually the car went out of control/Driver was drunk/Sleeping and it climbed the divider where there was barbed wire!!!
Holy molly!! Thats not a good thing.
If the impact wasn't enough,the barbed wire probably worsend thing.
Old 14th April 2008, 07:52   #125
BHPian

Quote:
People drives like a maniac and idiot on noida expressway.

I have a FFE installed, young blood from institutes in greater noida try to race with me.

slow moving bikes and cars runs in the high speed lanes in expressway, they don't even know a fast moving safari or scorpio can blast them off the road.

The way Cabbies drive there. Really rediculous.
Old 28th April 2008, 15:35   #126
Senior - BHPian

Saw another accident, This time it is an Indigo driving in the wrong lane, Head on collision with a truck. Dunno what happened to the occupants!!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Expressway to Hell-25042008.jpg  

Old 28th April 2008, 20:39   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Saw another accident, This time it is an Indigo driving in the wrong lane, Head on collision with a truck. Dunno what happened to the occupants!!!
Yesterday i saw an indica full fledge burnt on expressway, noida.

Don't know when these fools will stop doing such stupid acts.

this is shear stupidity, no offense but most of the people from U.P dont have any driving sense at all. Worst than Delhi.
Old 28th April 2008, 21:19   #128
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Yep i saw this too it was a Indigo marina!
Old 28th April 2008, 22:02   #129
Senior - BHPian

Yup even saw that burnt Car.....I will try to get the pic tomorrow if the car is still there!!!!
Old 29th April 2008, 01:10   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
this is shear stupidity, no offense but most of the people from U.P dont have any driving sense at all. Worst than Delhi.
Gangsta - While I understand where you're coming from, please don't generalise all drivers from UP as bad drivers. Me & and quite a few other members hail from UP & are proud of it & dare I say many of us are very proficient drivers too.
Old 29th April 2008, 01:19   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was that also from UP ?

Man, never generalise. You might have an annoying neighbour who happens to be from a place you do not like, but that does not mean everyone from there is as annoying.

In that case, imagine what Team-BHP would think of people from New Delhi.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 29th April 2008 at 01:20.
Old 29th April 2008, 07:57   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Yup even saw that burnt Car.....I will try to get the pic tomorrow if the car is still there!!!!
Nope its not there now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Gangsta - While I understand where you're coming from, please don't generalise all drivers from UP as bad drivers. Me & and quite a few other members hail from UP & are proud of it & dare I say many of us are very proficient drivers too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Was that also from UP ?

Man, never generalise. You might have an annoying neighbour who happens to be from a place you do not like, but that does not mean everyone from there is as annoying.

In that case, imagine what Team-BHP would think of people from New Delhi.
I'm sorry guys. I take my words back but i said "Most of them" not "all of them". I'm from U.P too... Its not like that i'm from Delhi so i don't like U.P. My origin is from U.P.

Again i said, "Most of the drivers" not "all of them" Please don't take me wrong.

Last edited by Gangsta : 29th April 2008 at 08:00.
Old 29th April 2008, 08:38   #133
Senior - BHPian

Actually, Ishaan, even you'd agree that a typical say, UP14 (gzb) driver is much more liable to be aggressive (not a matter of driving sense) for two simple reasons:
a. The chaos in Noida and gzb (zero red light discipline esp in noida, or avoiding all those big buses on the ALT gzb route that drive like maniacs).
b. Most of those UP14 drivers often drive long distances, so like anyone of us, would have a high chance of having been stuck up somewhere so by the time they'd enter delhi, would want to drive fast to catch up - like even we do on a long commute day.

That is prolly what Gangsta means, than insinuate anything else. Which while quite wrongly worded, is not too far from reality. Heck, I became a much rasher driver once I started riding/driving 45-50-70km a day. When I used to go sleeping by office cab, I was a peaceful guy on the weekend times
Old 29th April 2008, 09:49   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Actually, Ishaan, even you'd agree that a typical say, UP14 (gzb) driver is much more liable to be aggressive (not a matter of driving sense) for two simple reasons:

phamilyman, I drive a UP14 car, live in Ghaziabad and drive 28 KMs one way to work (in Okhla); and know umpteen others who do the same. And we are no less or more aggresive than the average Delhiite.

Quote:
a. The chaos in Noida and gzb (zero red light discipline esp in noida, or avoiding all those big buses on the ALT gzb route that drive like maniacs).
Well you sure have some misconceptions, when was the last time you were in Noida. People do tend to jump red-lights on minor intersections, but at the major ones, discipline is as much forced as in Delhi.

Quote:
b. Most of those UP14 drivers often drive long distances, so like anyone of us, would have a high chance of having been stuck up somewhere so by the time they'd enter delhi, would want to drive fast to catch up - like even we do on a long commute day.
Wake up and smell the coffee dear. Driving fast in Delhi to make up time lost in Noida, you must be dreaming.

The 14 KMs I drive in Noida take about 20 minutes, and the 14 KMs I drive in Delhi take 45 minutes in the morning and 1 hour in evening.

Quote:
That is prolly what Gangsta means, than insinuate anything else. Which while quite wrongly worded, is not too far from reality. Heck, I became a much rasher driver once I started riding/driving 45-50-70km a day. When I used to go sleeping by office cab, I was a peaceful guy on the weekend times
If you were not able to cope up with long driving, this doesn't mean anyone won't be. Infact this long driving had made me realize that it's better to drive clamly instead of driving rashly and stress myself. 'Coz the time saved will be minuscle compared to the total driving time.

Cheers

Nitin

Last edited by ntomer : 29th April 2008 at 09:50.
Old 29th April 2008, 10:52   #135
BHPian

Ok Guys,

we are all going

Anyways I wouldn't say that the noida expressway is the only expressway to hell, The NH8 highway to jaipur is as bad, specially the Gurgaon part, There is an accident everyday on this part of the highway, its just that some of us don't post it here. like for example today while coming to wok, I saw a truck compltely turtled upside down with its rear axle 100 meters away from it, the cab of the truck totally smashed, the engine was out of its bay. It was one of the worst wrecks i have seen till now on this highway.

The NH8 gurgaon highway is as accident prone as the Noida expressway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks