Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2019, 11:28   #16
BHPian

Re: Delhi man surrenders Activa after police fines him Rs 23,000; Says scooter is cheaper than chall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
In the case of Insurance, only New India Assurance Co. Ltd. is there. Also we can't save PUC in Digilocker.
Thanks for correcting, I agree PUC is not there. In case of Insurance, Bajaj-Allianz was also available and for other insurances, a copy from RTO can be availed (Guess, it again depends how updated the local RTO is).
Thermodynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 11:38   #17
BHPian

Re: Delhi man surrenders Activa after police fines him Rs 23,000; Says scooter is cheaper than chall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Thanks for correcting, I agree PUC is not there. In case of Insurance, Bajaj-Allianz was also available and for other insurances, a copy from RTO can be availed (Guess, it again depends how updated the local RTO is).
Just adding - Future Generali insurance is also available on Digilocker.
sai_ace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 12:35   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
It's appalling to see certain citizens complaining that the fines are too steep and exclaiming audaciously that the fines themselves cost more than the two wheeler they're riding!
If I was a bystander or the cop who caught him, I'd tell him he probably values his life the least. Fine amount > vehicle value > what my life is worth.

Quote:
And you have various publications on social media stating that the fines are not feasible for the economically challenged people who utilize the road to commute on their personal transportation.
I call BS on that argument every time I hear it. If someone can save up to buy a 2-wheeler costing tens of thousands, they can/should save up a bit more and buy a helmet that costs a fraction of that. It's their own life they're protecting, not the cops'.

Then again, we live in a country where people often spend more to protect their cellphones than their own heads, so I wouldn't count on common sense becoming too common.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 16:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

What would be the fine for sunfilms under this new act ?
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 16:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

I would think of one less idiot rider on the road! Don't get me wrong I am not heartless but as others have already mentioned if people can spend money to buy vehicle and put petrol, then can spare some cash on buying a helmet + PUC + insurance. These are the least basic things which anyone with a vehicle should have.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 23:36   #21
BHPian

Another example of stupidity.

Quote:

Biker gets a Rs 25,000 challan: Sets Hero Splendor on fire

Within a few days of the implementation of the new MV Act in India, the challan receipts of absurdly high amounts are going viral on the Internet. Only a few days back, a Honda Activa rider received a challan of Rs 23,000 and an autorickshaw driver was issued a ticket of Rs 47,500. Well, a biker from Delhi was issued a fine of Rs 25,000. What he did at the scene is quite shocking.

After the cops issued the challan, the biker set his Hero Splendor on fire in front of the policemen. The incident happened in Sheikh Sarai, Delhi. According to the police, the bike was stopped during a regular checking for the documents. The cops flagged down the rider when he was spotted riding the motorcycle without a helmet. When he stopped, the cops found out that he was in an inebriated state. The rider also could not produce any documents and record for the motorcycle he was riding. The cops issued a challan of Rs 25,000 and asked him to submit it in the court.

The rider, who was in a drunken state did not take the incident well. He set the Hero Splendor on fire in front of the police officials present on the spot. The cops immediately called the fire tenders to douse the fire. It is not known how much time did the fire tender take to reach the spot. However, in the video, we can see that the firemen are using all kinds of things to douse the fire on the Hero Splendor. In the end, they were able to put out all the fire but it is not known if the bike could be saved.

Also, it is not known if the person was arrested for the incident. It should be noted that doing such activities on the roads and destroying property on the public roads is illegal and the person can get arrested. Delhi Police has also not said anything about the incident except for the fact that the person who did this was in a drunken state.

The new traffic rules became active from 1st September 2019. To curb the disobedience on the public roads and ensure that everyone follows the rule, the government has increased the fines by multiple folds. The Indian roads see a large number of accidents every year and many of them turn fatal. With the new rules in place, the government wants to ensure that every motorist on the road follows the traffic rules properly, which will bring down the number of accidents on the roads.

Many states like Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal and Punjab have opposed the new rules and have said that the fines are too high. These states continue to use the previous set of rules.

Source: https://www.cartoq.com/hero-splendor...lan-delhi/amp/
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 00:00   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post

Good riddance, one less nutcase on the road. Hope he is arrested and taken to task.

Good that they are issuing challans and not taking a percentage cut as bribe and letting people off. This is when everything goes back to chaos and nobody bothers about rules again.
SideView is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 09:36   #23
BHPian

Old comedy scene from Tamil movie.

Pot helmets, caught by cops, exorbitant fine, discards scooter.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 7th September 2019 at 09:39.
Thermodynamics is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 10:54   #24
BHPian

This was much needed change in law. If at all its late by a few years. How my blood boiled when I saw dudes on their bikes with helmets hanging off their elbows. Almost challenging the cops to do what they can. Hopefully that daredevilery on the roads will be done away with.
Old 17th September 2019, 12:53   #25
BANNED

yes sir, I have no sympathy for the rule breakers.

I am specifically happy to see the penalties of 'driving under the influence' enhanced. I hope these are enforced strictly across the nation.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks