Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2019, 08:36   #76
BHPian

Re: 11 Reasons why RMZ Ecoworld is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Spare a thought for the security team at RMZ 'Eco'world. Those guys do a LOT to bring some semblance of order.
Completely agree with you. Not only within the campus, they also work hard at the exits to ensure some order in the otherwise chaotic world. Many times I have noticed that for both the educated morons and the cab/auto guys, simply holding the 'Stop' sign by the security guard doesn't work. They keep on driving. The security guards literally risk their lives and stand in front of vehicles to stop them and make them forcefully follow rules. Add to it the dust and air pollution, the senseless honking and resulting noise pollution and we see how terribly the security guys must be suffering.
drive2eternity is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 14:16   #77
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Used to live in Bangalore until 2009. When Outer Ring Road was my preferred road. Ecospace was just being constructed back then, Used to be such a breeze. Better half used to work a short while in ORR, and gets home in an hour/1:15 at most (we lived near IIM that time). Looks like these days, that's what it'll take to just get on Outer Ring Road from Ecospace/Ecoworld

If you had 2 more reasons to add, could have alluded to the Netflix series
narayans80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 11:28   #78
BHPian

Bus priority lane is being tested in ORR. I think this will directly impact the Ecoworld sufferers

As per the article it looks like the project is getting lot of support and I see some surveys giving thumbs up for the project.

Some highlights of the project:

Starting November 1st, the left lane in the main carriageway between Silk Board and KR Puram will be dedicated for BMTC buses, separated physically by steel bollards.

- This is good as the bus speeds will increase and also the average speed of other users might increase as there are no buses blocking the general traffic.

Forty five new bus services will be started exclusively for this corridor.
Ambulances will be allowed on these lanes.

- Will be helpful as almost all the buses on ORR are always overcrowded.

Initial goal is to increase the average speed of buses on this route from about 10 kmph to 18-20 kmph

- Helpful as it will encourage public to use them more.

BBMP, BMTC, BTP (Bengaluru Traffic Police) and DULT (Directorate of Urban Land Transport) are working closely on this.

Questions:
Phase 2 of metro connecting to Silk Board to KR Puram will start soon. Will dedicating an entire lane along with metro work on the median cause further congestion to general traffic?

For Eco-world commuters , how will this change impact you guys? Please let us know.
bipinbn is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 12:03   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipinbn View Post
For Eco-world commuters , how will this change impact you guys? Please let us know.
Well, I don't take that route to 'Eco'world. I use my bike to get on to HAL Old Airport Road-Yemalur-Bellandur Lake Road and then cut across from the Passport Seva Kendra road to get into 'Eco'world.

But if this bus lane thing works as it should, am willing to park my bike at the Byappanahalli metro station and use the buses. Even if it doubles my commute time, I'm ok if it means I can move around during peak hours using the bus. As it stands, I have to leave before 8am (before 715, if we're using the car) and either leave ridiculously early from office (3-330pm) or wait till after 8pm to enter/exit blessed 'Eco'world without encountering multiple jams. IF the bus lane works as it should, I'm hoping to be able to maintain more civilized hours and be able to read, listen to music in the bus. Anything to avoid the traffic and increasing numbers of suicidal road users operating cars/bikes/cabs on the ORR!

Let's hope.

Last edited by am1m : 16th October 2019 at 12:05.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 12:42   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipinbn View Post
Starting November 1st, the left lane in the main carriageway between Silk Board and KR Puram will be dedicated for BMTC buses, separated physically by steel bollards.
Ambulances will be allowed on these lanes.
I wonder if cyclists will be allowed too. It might be dangerous to cycle outside this lane sandwiched between a bus to your left and other vehicles to your right. Sadly the service lane is not continuous along the entire length of ORR and is actually more dangerous than the main lane with vehicles coming in the opposite direction in both your left and right side!
itisravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 10:47   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Crazy jam on the internal 'Eco'World road last night. Does anyone know why?

I was getting ready to leave at 7:30pm as usual, at that time the pile-up that starts at 4 has usually cleared. But saw a huge jam and Gmaps showed a solid dark red. So decided to hit the gym till it cleared.

Finally cleared at around 10pm. Any idea what caused it? Some accident outside at the entrance?
Old 20th February 2020, 23:30   #82
BHPian

Fellow workers in Ecoworld , hope you are aware that 2 cases of H1N1 has been detected in Ecoworld (SAP) and the employees have been advised to work from home. We are in 4C and got an email from our HSE on some mitigation plans , but I think it’s inadequate. Thinking of working from home from Monday.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 09:07   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Fellow workers in Ecoworld , hope you are aware that 2 cases of H1N1 has been detected in Ecoworld (SAP) and the employees have been advised to work from home. We are in 4C and got an email from our HSE on some mitigation plans , but I think it’s inadequate. Thinking of working from home from Monday.
I think SAP is just being overcautious. Just my opinion, it would be great if a doctor on the forum could weigh in. Every year there are still a number of H1N1 cases in Bangalore. Since these were at SAP, it's making some news. I think it'll be ok to go to in to work. I don't plan to stay away next week.

But I'm guessing a lot of people will, so at least the traffic there will be better next week!

Last edited by am1m : 21st February 2020 at 09:09.
Old 21st February 2020, 11:23   #84
BHPian

Quote:
I think SAP is just being overcautious. Just my opinion, it would be great if a doctor on the forum could weigh in. Every year there are still a number of H1N1 cases in Bangalore.
Problem is that , our office layout is the open one with shared desks etc etc and it’s very easy to get infected. I am more wary as I have aged parents and my kids who are still relatively young.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 12:56   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Every year there are still a number of H1N1 cases in Bangalore. Since these were at SAP, it's making some news.
True. Media seems to have lost its love in reporting H1N1 cases.

I am not aware of the situation in Ecoworld, having only seen the screenshot of an Email shared online.

However, since on the topic, sharing a news article published few days back.

Link
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 13:07   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I am not aware of the situation in Ecoworld, having only seen the screenshot of an Email shared online.
It was quite normal yesterday. Looks like all offices in 'Eco'world got the news in the afternoon. We're in a different building from SAP and we were told about SAP telling their employees to work from home while they disinfected the SAP office. In the evening things seemed normal around the SAP building, even the food court was operating, though a couple of restaurants were shut. Was lighter traffic than usual going back, but that could have been just because people left early to prepare for today's festival.
Old 21st February 2020, 13:53   #87
BHPian

Quote:
it would be great if a doctor on the forum could weigh in. Every year there are still a number of H1N1 cases in Bangalore.
Severe H1N1 or similar Viral pneumonia and Non-severe H1N1 cases are sporadic(found randomly) throughout the year, with slight peaking about jan-march quarter of the year and reduce in intensity as summer heat picks up. This peaking was severe with plenty of cases in 4 of the past 10 years. Little less severe in the past two years or so, probably due to early setting in of the summer and better vaccination coverage among the educated general public.

Have been seeing few cases in the past one week or so but nothing out of ordinary. Any which way considering the general lack of hygiene in the public spaces, crowding and some of the infected people being inconsiderate towards infecting others, it would be prudent to skip work on Monday, assess the situation and resume office work. By that time mercury would be a notch higher and transmission would wane off.

Meanwhile vaccinate, if inclined, though the effect will take 3-4 weeks.
aadya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 15:43   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Any which way considering the general lack of hygiene in the public spaces, crowding and some of the infected people being inconsiderate towards infecting others, it would be prudent to skip work on Monday, assess the situation and resume office work. By that time mercury would be a notch higher and transmission would wane off.
Thank you! That's useful advice.

Had a follow up question, we've been reading about Covid-19 samples testing positive for H1N1 as well. Are the two strains somehow related? Or is that just news reports trying to link two sensational headlines?

Last edited by am1m : 21st February 2020 at 15:46.
Old 22nd February 2020, 13:05   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! That's useful advice.

Had a follow up question, we've been reading about Covid-19 samples testing positive for H1N1 as well. Are the two strains somehow related? Or is that just news reports trying to link two sensational headlines?

I don't think there were reports for COVID-19 and H1N1 tested positive in the same patient. Since both the illnesses are Severe respiratory illness and the current season has cases of both viruses, doctors check for both in suspected cases(with relevant clinical features/history), and probably some of them might have become the H1N1 and the reporters might have found it to be amusing to write about.
aadya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 15:43   #90
BHPian

I've experienced this horror on a slightly different level.

A few years ago we used to live in HSR Sector 3. I was working at Prestige Tech Park on ORR and my wife was working at Pritec, inside EcoSpace. She was pregnant then. So she used to ride with me in the car, I drop her at her office and then head to my office. In the evenings, I had to pick her up from her building inside Pritec (as she couldn't walk all the way till the exit) and then head back home. In this ordeal I inevitably had to take several U-turns and service roads and rejoin / retrace the same dreaded stretches again and again.

We're blessed that neither of us work there anymore.

We also fail to realise that Pritec-EcoSpace is a tech park within a tech park and they share common access roads. This has got to be on the list of worst-designed tech parks in Bangalore.

Last edited by dksv : 22nd February 2020 at 15:44.
dksv is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed