Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2019, 08:38   #1
BHPian

11 Reasons why RMZ Ecoworld is great

11 Reasons why Ecoworld is great

Yes, you read that right.
Now, I know there are many folks here who work in one of the buildings in Ecoworld, and they and myself have been ranting a lot about the place, its planning, its infrastructure etc etc. So much so, that recently, even the residents of the adjacent, posh villa community held a silent protest/demonstration to highlight the suffering of people who stay or work near this place.
However, I am going to present to you the brighter side of things. So grab some pop-corn, take your seats and fasten your seat belts, as we embark on this together.

1- Peace of mind
If you take office provided transport for your commutes, this one will definitely ring a bell. Usually, if the Bus leaves at 4:30 PM in the evening, one logs off at 4:15, wrap up their belongings, take a quick loo break, rush to the ever-so-crowded elevator and then scamper towards the bus, only to board it in the nick of time. If you miss the bus, you have to take the crowded BMTC or wait for the shabby Olas/Ubers. However, in Ecoworld, if your bus leaves at 4:30 PM, you complete your work and leisurely wrap up at 4:45, take a stroll with your friend, have some tea, come back to your desk, take your belongings and head towards the bus, which would have moved a maximum of 500 meters in the last 30 minutes, board it and enjoy life. You can never miss the office cab/taxi while in Ecoworld. That's peace of mind for you.

2- Dictate terms in office
In the morning, when someone says, lets have a daily huddle at 10 AM, you can outright deny, stating its impossible to reach office so early. Everyone agrees with you. No matter if you are the junior most member of the team. Similarly, if you forget to put your alarm or just hit that snooze button, you can still be in office as usual, cause whenever you come, you are bound to be stuck in traffic. So your starting time from home is your's to decide.

3- Work Life Balance
Everyday, day after day, you can leave office at 3 PM, and no one will bat an eyelid. Why? Because half of the office has already left, including your boss. There is no one to bat an eye lid. The remaining one's are people taking office transport and they are already having 'peace of mind' as explained above. Ya, of course there is a belief that people will login from home after leaving early but well, you and me know how that works out. Shhhh !

4- No unnecessary requests on LinkedIn
All of us are bombarded with connection requests on LinkedIn. Some from far acquaintances and more from complete strangers. As soon as you accept these, you get a message asking for a referral in your prestigious company. But, the moment you mention the location is in Ecoworld, they run, faster than Mr.Bolt and you will never hear from them again. In fact, I have updated my LinkedIn profile to mention location is Ecoworld and have stopped getting random requests completely.

5- No favors to colleagues
How many times have we heard, "Please drop me till the gate", while you wrap up for the day. But this doesn't happen in Ecoworld. A person walking shall never willingly sit in a car while in Ecoworld. You are safe from all these favors and the burdens to repaying them in the future.

6- Modesty is imbibed
I know many, and I am sure you guys know many more affluent executives who have high-end cars and SUVs parked in their parking, who stay in the execellent villas and apartments in the vicinity and yet they walk to office. Ecoworld imbibes the qualities of modesty in you. It keeps you grounded, always in touch with your roots. Can't ask for more in this materialistic world.

7- Look forward to challenges
The KR Puram to Iblur Junction section of ORR is infamous for the traffic caused by innumerable TechParks and apartments. And while everyone dreads the ORR, trying to avoid this section, you will look forward to reach it after crossing Ecoworld. I, myself have yelled out of joy many times once I touched ORR. This mental strength of taking up challenges comes naturally to you, if you work/stay in Ecoworld.

8- Gain Popularity
In any party, once people know you work in Ecoworld, they are awestruck and want to listen to your real life experiences. You become the center of attention in every social gathering and party. "Do you know, Mr. Kumar works in Ecoworld. Wow". "Is it true you take 1 hour to cover 1 km? Please tell me more on this". Soon, you find yourself giving sermons etc. Who doesn't want to be popular and well-known. Ecoworld is your platform towards greatness.

9- See the glass half full
You become an optimist. I have, many a times heard my colleagues say things like - "Today I was lucky, I crossed Ecoworld, covering 1 km distance in only 30 minutes". Positive attitude becomes second nature to you.

10- Safe distance from relatives
Especially relevant for the people who stay in the high-end societies around Ecoworld. True, some relatives who aren't aware of Bangalore and Ecoworld may turn up at you place for a vacation, but trust me, it will be their first and last. You can be sure they will never consider coming back again. Good-riddance. You frequently hear things like "Aapke ghar aake kya faida, kahin ja nahi sakte, har taraf traffic traffic (What's the point of coming to your place, we can't go anywhere, its just traffic traffic traffic)". And this news spreads quickly, so if you have hosted 1 annoying relative, you can be sure they will inform your 10 other annoying relatives and none of them shall ever come to your home. Cherry on the cake, it applies to your In-laws too.

11- You get the much deserved "me time"
The haggling spouse, the attention demanding children, the parents who keep putting expectations on your shoulders. You need a break right. Well, you get it in Ecoworld, whether you are in your car or in office transport, you get plenty of "me time" everyday to think about various aspects of life, inspect as well as retrospect. Who knows what hidden qualities of yourself you will discover. When do you think I came up with these ideas I have written? Do you think I always knew I could write so much. Thank Ecoworld for it.

Disclaimer: This post has been generously dipped in sarcasm. If its not your cup of tea, please move on or if you want to meet me and discuss it, I can be found in the Ecoworld jam 4-5 PM everyday, no prior appointment necessary.

Last edited by drive2eternity : 5th September 2019 at 08:45.
drive2eternity is offline   (322) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 08:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post

Now, I know there are many folks here who work in one of the buildings in Ecoworld, and they and myself have been ranting a lot about the place, its planning, its infrastructure etc etc. So much so, that recently, even the residents of the adjacent, posh villa community held a silent protest/demonstration to highlight the suffering of people who stay or work near this place.
However, I am going to present to you the brighter side of things.
Are you inside the campus now, waiting to reach your cubicle

I know how this place evolved from a lake, it was year 2009-10, the place was not approved for occupancy. My ex-company had paid money for office space and got into problems because of the developer. The Head for Facilities was sitting right next to my cubicle, he used to speak all day over the phone on the issues. This whole Adarsh Palm Treat campus witnessed highest corruption for getting approvals from government agencies under the rule of a party which fights agianst black money.

Last edited by deehunk : 5th September 2019 at 09:12.
deehunk is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 09:26   #3
BHPian

Quote:

Disclaimer: This post has been generously dipped in sarcasm. If its not your cup of tea, please move on or if you want to meet me and discuss it, I can be found in the Ecoworld jam 4-5 PM everyday, no prior appointment necessary.
Brought a smile to my face. But the ironic thing is if you remove the sarcasm it still holds true.

SideView is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 09:36   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Are you inside the campus now, waiting to reach your cubicle

I know how this place evolved from a lake, it was year 2009-10, the place was not approved for occupancy. My ex-company had paid money for office space and got into problems because of the developer. The Head for Facilities was sitting right next to my cubicle, he used to speak all day over the phone on the issues. This whole Adarsh Palm Treat campus witnessed highest corruption for getting approvals from government agencies under the rule of a party which fights agianst black money.
There was a building built under Adarsh where I think it was Honeywell who were occupying it temporarily until RMZ took over the whole project. The building lost the occupancy certificate as sewage was being pumped into a lake.

Quote:

Brilliant, have forwarded to every Bangalorean that I know!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 8th September 2019 at 08:37. Reason: typo
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 11:46   #5
BHPian

Quote:

Now, I know there are many folks here who work in one of the buildings in Ecoworld, and they and myself have been ranting a lot about the place, its ........[/i]
Déjà vu. I am very much with you on all the points and especially the one about 'Me time'. I curate a list of podcasts and Youtube videos every weekend for the upcoming week to listen during my commute and all my friends, family and colleagues are in awe of how do I know so much about politics, finance or any random topic which pops up during any discussion.

I have stopped listening to any kind of music and simply utilize the 'me time' to the fullest.
grevvity is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 14:31   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...11 Reasons why Ecoworld is great...
Master Shifu could find inner peace here!
Chetan_Rao is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 14:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Now, I know there are many folks here who work in one of the buildings in Ecoworld, and they and myself have been ranting a lot about the place, its planning, its infrastructure etc etc.
My office is located in Embassy Tech Village (ETV), less than a kilometer away from Ecoworld and seems like I am missing most of the fun

Still due to the spillover effects from Ecoworld/Ecospace, I have changed my office timing and happy with my current 1:30 pm to 10:00 pm shift
airbus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 10:26   #8
Team-BHP Support

re: 11 Reasons why RMZ Ecoworld is great

11 Reasons why Ecoworld is great - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 10:46   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 11 Reasons why RMZ Ecoworld is great

I often wonder about the health effects of being stuck in that jam on a regular basis. Eventually, inhaling all those fumes is going to cause issues right? I enter EcoWorld early and leave late just to avoid this jam, was working out well, haven't been caught in the entry/exit jam in a while now. But of late have been getting stuck at the jam leading to Old Airport Road instead. Really beginning to worry about the effects of daily exposure to idling fumes from so many vehicles.
am1m is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 11:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

Re: 11 Reasons why RMZ Ecoworld is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
I often wonder about the health effects of being stuck in that jam on a regular basis. Eventually, inhaling all those fumes is going to cause issues right?
The long term effects on your health can be spondilitis, arthritis, respiratory disorders, constipation issues, urinary infections. Imagine in a week on an average calculation, we are spending 15-20 hours in traffic. This interprets to about 2-2.5 years in traffic over a period of 20 years.
deehunk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 11:16   #11
BHPian

I am guessing you are a survivor from 8A in ecoworld? I've been stuck on the exit ramp from the basement so long, I parked my car on the next basement and went for a coffee to Starbucks. Left after an hour with things mildly better.
But a good thing is I see a lot of people in campus ditching Ola/Uber etc and going for ride sharing options like quickride. Now instead of seeing taxis parked and waiting, we see private cars. More power to the people!
vkrmchauhan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 11:27   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
My office is located in Embassy Tech Village (ETV), less than a kilometer away from Ecoworld and seems like I am missing most of the fun

Still due to the spillover effects from Ecoworld/Ecospace, I have changed my office timing and happy with my current 1:30 pm to 10:00 pm shift
Don't worry mate, ETV is Ecoworld 2 in making! Bangalore will ensure you get your due fun. Bagmane Tech park near total mall is Ecoworld 3 in making and just waiting for ETV to flourish. I am hearing Part 3 of "300" movie will be made in Ecoworld with all the action happening at "Exit Gates".
BTW this was the scene inside my apartment, leave ORR alone.
11 Reasons why RMZ Ecoworld is great-img20190821wa0001.jpg
PrideRed is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 11:35   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for making us on a Friday morning, drive2eternity! Your thread is on our homepage .

Linking to another epic thread of yours - Hilarious parody on the Bangalore ORR.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 11:41   #14
Team-BHP Support

Re: 11 Reasons why Ecoworld is great

Haha! What a post buddy!

I have worked inside the RMZ Ecospace Campus (Pritec Park, however, not Ecoworld - though it doesn't make a difference!) and could totally relate to your every comment. As if the whole thing was never a challenge - I used to commute from Yelahanka!

Thinking back - It was just the craziest work-life back then. All thanks to the Ecospace Campus! Just see this routine -
6:30 AM - Start walking to the bus stop.
7:15 AM - Bus arrives at Yelahanka. Get in. Browse Team-Bhp.
7:30 AM to 8:15 AM - Snore away to glory in the bus! (Ecospace peace-of-mind, maybe? Never before, or never after - have I fallen asleep so easily in any form of transportation).
8:15 AM - Reach office so early to beat traffic! Log in, go have breakfast.
9:15 AM to 6:15 PM - Work.

6:15 PM - Catch the office shuttle again.
6:16 PM - Fall asleep!
7:15 PM - Wake up to check if the bus has left campus gate! Sleep again.
8:15 PM - Wake up to check if the bus is at KR Puram. Sleep again.
9:00 PM - Wake up to check if the bus is at Nagwara / Hebbal. Snooze some more for small intervals.
9:30 PM - Get down at Yelahanka, all fresh.

10:30 PM to 1:30 AM - Work from home and really get things done. Tired? Why? 45 minutes of sleep in the morning & 3 hours 15 minutes of sleep in the evening bus guaranteed.

1:30 AM to 5:30 AM - Sleep. Wake up. Schedule Repeat!

Had everything in life, just like you mentioned and more! The main ones -

1. The much deserved 'me' time! - 4 hours of easy sleep on the bus! Mind you - KR Puram was just as good as always + Nagawara flyovers weren't open back then!
2. Dictate terms in office - Boy! I got promoted for my adaptability to Ecospace life. I'm not kidding!
3. Saved the environment - Public transport, carpooling - I went green like never before!

Anyways, thankfully - Got another job within a few months and now happily away from that side of the city!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th September 2019 at 11:47.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 11:47   #15
BHPian

haha, this is so true. I am literally laughing staring at my laptop screen now

While I happily work from a regular office space (unlike Ecoworld) I once experienced the evening traffic in Ecoworld. Went there to pick up a friend in my bike and took over 30 minutes to come out. I always wonder how people manage to do this daily.
haneeshN is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks