Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2019, 11:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 11 Reasons why RMZ Ecoworld is great

...and written by somebody who likes to call himself "drive2eternity"
Sarcasm has taken so good hold of him that even his HANDLE NAME reeks of it.

Man that is good, I have had my share of visits to WHITEFIELD & MILLERS ROAD, couple of times, but this is just awesome.

If Mumbai were to replicate any such area then I can only think of SEEPZ-MIDC & JVLR at peak hours.

Regards-Sonu
ariesonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 12:01   #17
BHPian

Wow.. you bet buddy, everytime I have to come for a customer meeting at Ecospace I go home park my car in Bellandur behind Centeral mall and walk to customer location. My wife reached ecospace faster walking than taking a cab esp in the evening.

Unfortunately this is an issue with all tech parks, be it Manyata, Ecospace, ETV. Even Prestige techpark and Cessna have started to become a pain.

Bangalore has become the poster child of corruption over the past 15 years. Just not the city I used to come as a child
aniyo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 12:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

I am so glad that I don't have to commute anymore. Jokes apart, I really pity the plight of people who have undergo such harsh commute every day.
In my previous role, I have faced the wrath of EcoSpace and EcoWorld whenever there were client meetings in those places, but now even that is not there.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 12:52   #19
BHPian

Hahahaha! What an amazing post to light up a dull day at work! I think I need to find work at Ecoworld to work on my writing skills, this ITPL is doing me no good!
But really, hats off to you and all other folks who work there. I have a couple of friends who stay in the apartments over there and I seriously dread going there to meet them. We end up spending more time on the road than in their apartment!!!
abhii176 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 13:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Don't worry mate, ETV is Ecoworld 2 in making!
=====
BTW this was the scene inside my apartment, leave ORR alone.
Attachment 1913167
Alpine Eco, I see. Having resided there for 5 years, I moved out 1.5 years ago. Better to pick a bike I say.

Although I work in BWTC Mahadevapura, having traveled couple of times to cross it to visit few realtives, I know the struggle. I have worked in EcoSpace some 4 years ago and at that time I was stuck in traffic jam on top floor of the MLCP that is a last building in Pritech Park(the far end inside EcoSpace).

Some serious road and transport infra is required on ORR. I am dreading the same situation in opposite of EMC in BWTC, where a HUGE tech park is coming up. That is my daily dose of stress while having evening tea and watching the ground being caved for a 3 storey underground parking. God help us.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th September 2019 at 17:02. Reason: Posts merged.
amods is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 14:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Disclaimer: This post has been generously dipped in sarcasm. If its not your cup of tea
Excellent thread with loads of humor! I work at E-City and it's a much better world this side of town....

Maybe Gautama would have got enlightenment much easily in today's world meditating in a traffic jam...And he may have opted to preach the "Eco Traffic Jam Meditation" rather than Vipasanna to attain enlightenment.
vsrivatsa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 14:18   #22
BHPian

Ecoworld is probably the only place, where if you offer a ride to someone walking on the road, they would reply : "Not today, I'm trying to reach early".

I have had situations where people who had requested a ride in my car on Quickride, reached home by walking, while I was still stuck in Basement 2 of 8A .
Newpunter is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 14:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Excellent thread with loads of humor! I work at E-City and it's a much better world this side of town....

Maybe Gautama would have got enlightment
It would have been called as "Viparyasana". E-City too was worst before 2010. We had to wait for hours between Garvepalya to Madiwala during evening.

Last edited by deehunk : 6th September 2019 at 14:34.
Old 6th September 2019, 14:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

I hereby solemnly swear that from today onward, I will never crib about my 22km (1-way) commute taking 2 hours (sometimes more).

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 14:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

Great thread. I have shared the link so aggressively that this thread is currently being viewed by majority of my office floor, which BTW is located on the far-end of EcoSpace (Pritech Tech Park, to be accurate).

Just yesterday, I was stuck in the MLCP parking for close to 15 mins. A few friends who take public transport are a lot happier as they can reach the EcoSpace gate faster, can easily take the foot-over bridge and catch a bus. Meanwhile, I have to be stuck in the parking, take a grid-locked path to the main gate, go in the wrong direction towards Soul Space (Central) Mall, and then take a U-turn to be on my way to home (Karthik Nagar).
dZired is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 15:13   #26
BHPian

Hats off to all the multi-hour daily commuters. Don't worry, tumhara bhi time aayega.
superbad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 16:04   #27
BHPian

Hahaha.. I could control my laugh and was calling my office colleagues to see this wonderful write-up on our So-called POSH tech park.
Yes, I am writing this sitting in one of the buildings and not looking at the clock to wrap-up my friday and start the weekend as I don't want to spend a hour and a half to touch the ORR from the last building of the row.
Thanks Man.. You brought the positive side out with so much of humor and Atleast I will not rant about the "Eco-World problems" for today

On a diff note, a couple of weeks ago. I took 70 mins for me just to touch the ORR from the basement of 8A.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 16:45   #28
BHPian

An awesome read, drive2eternity! I'm sitting in ecoworld right now, and gave me a good laugh. Shared it with colleagues at work too and all of us can relate so much to what you're saying (with the sarcasm of course). However, maybe this is how we should be seeing the situation - the positive side. I meet so many people who complain but unless it's within our power to move our office to another place or take other huge bold decisions, what's the point in complaining. It's best to see the brighter side of things and enjoy life.
YakubKC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 16:57   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
11 Reasons why Ecoworld is great.[/i]
Thanks for a glass half full post. Sarcasm or not, it made for nice reading. The first thought that stuck in my head was the need for absolute bladder discipline in these scenarios - Case in point was my hellish drive from Worli to Powai on one of these rainy days. I almost came down with a UTI; and I am not even being sarcastic.

Someone from Mumbai should put one up about our horrid commutes.
mohansrides is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 17:05   #30
BHPian

Haha. Worked in the eco space area in 2010. Looks like nothing changed.

I recall couple of funny incidents where people in cars were stuck in basement exit ramps on an incline for hours after rushing out off work.

Then they had to answer nature’s call, so they called us to basement to sit in the car while they went to the bathroom.
We had a hearty laugh that day and still do.
ntneo is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed