Team-BHP > Street Experiences

View Poll Results: Do you find Ola to be more expensive than Uber?
Yes 319 90.37%
No 34 9.63%
Voters: 353. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25th September 2019, 08:17   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Why is Ola suddenly more expensive than Uber?

Apart from Ola being more expensive, Ola pass is more expensive too. The prominent point for Ola pass is flat fare without peak pricing. But if you look at the small print, it offers a maximum discount of 50 rs. And this discount is calculated after applying peak pricing. For ex. if you buy Ola pass for 10 km, it will state that flat fare is 159 rs. If the fare would have been 220 without pass, you will end up paying 170. This is a trick that Ola plays on its customers.
Old 4th October 2019, 16:23   #62
BHPian

Someone came up with this app to compare the prices between these two players: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sif.taxi&hl=en

Disclaimer: No association with the app or its developer.
Old 7th October 2019, 23:35   #63
BHPian

Yes, I am finding the Ola is getting costlier than Uber.

Uber has withdrawn from most of the markets/countries. They seem to have least interest in India too. I have been noticing the declining number of cabs.

I hardly find any Uber cabs when I need one. Recently, I tried to book an Uber to a prominent place in Bangalore. The driver asked where is this place (!!) and told he is going to a different place and asked if I want to be dropped in that route!!

Ola have their own share of problems - surge price during peak hour, drivers not honouring Ola money, Prime Play not playing, costlier than Uber.. But, chances of getting a Ola cab is more than the Uber. Hence, even when I know Ola is costlier, I end up booking one.
Old 8th October 2019, 07:44   #64
Team-BHP Support

I was in NCR for ~2 weeks and had to go to a particular place near Rajinder Nagar from Sonipat Sec-35 and few times to airport.

Ola was approx Rs. 200/300 more expensive everytime I checked, I stopped bothering with Ola when I came to know that rides are same. Drivers use both the apps to get passengers. I forgot to ask them as to why is Uber cheaper...
Old 11th October 2019, 14:51   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Of late, I have noticed that Ola's pricing has shot up. As compared to Uber, it is noticeably more expensive at the same time for the same route & same class of car. Was frankly surprised, so 5 of us in the Team-BHP office checked our individual phones and - 8 out of 10 times - Ola was significantly pricier.
Faced the same issue while I was in Kolkata in September, to which an ex-OLA developer, an acquaintance (who used to work on OLA API) said that it's either due to some API bug or, difference in their algorithms that set prices based on demand, peak time, etc. but even then it doesn't make sense.
wheelspinner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 18:07   #66

In Trivandrum, both have almost similar pricing when there is no surge. The maximum difference will be 10 or 15 rupees for 10 kilometres.
But, when there is a surge, Ola is generally not available and uber, even though available almost always, is about 50 rupees costlier than Ola for 10 kilometres.
Uber provides discounts at least once in 2 months which make it considerably cheaper if you don't travel often by cabs.

Most Viewed