Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2008, 11:15   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
I was almost a victim of the short fuelling trick today. Here goes the story.

Incident happened at the BPCL company outlet , Mogappair (on the Thirumangalam - Ambattur Estate road).

I went to the bunk and asked the attendant to fill for Rs.500 . There was one more BPCL attendant standing near my car when the other guy was filling . I checked the zero reset and the guy starts filling the petrol. Meanwhile the other guy starts talking abt the Petro card and the benefits of it. The guy who was filling the petrol turns to me and says i have filled for Rs.100 . I told him that i asked for Rs.500 and the other guy acknowledges me . Now i sensed some kind of trick these two are trying to play with me. So i was expecting him to stop at Rs.400 and turn me to say that its done. He then turned to me and said the same, . I told him that he did not reset to zero after filling for Rs.100. He immediately turned back without uttering a word and filled until the meter read Rs.500.

I know the manager of that BPCL unit and am going to report the incident to him this weekend. So guys using that bunk please watchout . I had been using this bunk ever since they opened and this is the first time i had witnessed a scenario like this.
What to say? Exactly same thing happened to me twice in Pune at Pump before sasoon hospital. There is a boy who sets the counter for rs 200 (nomatter what you told him say 1.5 k - 2k whatever ) , then goes the talk for card petrocard/ credit card. Then same which is mentioned above.

Another similar incident happened at Hinjewadi petrol pump.

Looks like this is common trick.

One question is ---

All these guys are telling me -> They HAVE to reset the counter if they stop in between filling the fuel.
Is this true?
Old 25th September 2008, 12:14   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post

One question is ---

All these guys are telling me -> They HAVE to reset the counter if they stop in between filling the fuel.
Is this true?
Simply, If they stop in between...just ask them to STOP. go to the next pump and ask the attendant to enter the amount value in the machine before starting.

Regards,
Old 25th September 2008, 12:58   #123
Senior - BHPian

My wife filled fuel in the pump opp Sagar Apollo hospital, Bannerghatta Rd yesterday.
She got down and asked him to fill X amount.
She stood there as he was filling.
Guy asks her 'Cash or Card'.
She answers 'Card'.
Mid way he asks her to get the card.
Wifey does not budge.
She asks him to fill the full amount and then
do the talking of credit cards and petro cards
and assured him that she would stay half an hour
to listen to their schemes.
He got the idea that she was well informed of the short
fuelling tricks at pumps.

After filling, she takes the CC out of her purse and
flashes it Bond style.
Gets the Customers copy, checks it and leaves.
Look on the attendants face..--> PRICELESS.

By the way, OT, I plan to do a tank full from a Shell bunk this
coming weekend. I know only 2 Bunks,
1) On the way to Electronic City (LHS) from BTM to Elec city.
2) Between City market and Bangy University.

Are these still operational or have they shutdown.
An update would be useful and appreciated.

Thanks a million!
Old 25th September 2008, 18:24   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
What to say? Exactly same thing happened to me twice in Pune at Pump before sasoon hospital. There is a boy who sets the counter for rs 200 (nomatter what you told him say 1.5 k - 2k whatever ) , then goes the talk for card petrocard/ credit card. Then same which is mentioned above.

Another similar incident happened at Hinjewadi petrol pump.

Looks like this is common trick.

One question is ---

Is this true?

Yes this is really common trick, earlier i use to get confuse, Now i keep on my eye at meter. I think, you need to bit careful fueling car.
cheers:
Old 25th September 2008, 20:34   #125
Senior - BHPian

Intresting tricks! In Poona, I have never experienced any such tricks at the select pumps I visit (I'v almost never filled up from anywhere else) - BP COCO opp RTO, Servo on Karve Road, Kulkarni on Laxmi Rd. & Shell on Mulshi Rd (stopped going there because of their price).

Does anyone have any experience with the 2 HP pumps in hinjewadi? I'm more concerned with the fuel quality and milage. Has anybody tested? The good thing is that these pumps sell at less than what you have to pay at pumps within Poona city.
Old 27th September 2008, 20:22   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Intresting tricks! In Poona, I have never experienced any such tricks at the select pumps I visit (I'v almost never filled up from anywhere else) - BP COCO opp RTO, Servo on Karve Road, Kulkarni on Laxmi Rd. & Shell on Mulshi Rd (stopped going there because of their price).

Does anyone have any experience with the 2 HP pumps in hinjewadi? I'm more concerned with the fuel quality and milage. Has anybody tested? The good thing is that these pumps sell at less than what you have to pay at pumps within Poona city.

Haha , One of my incident is from the same pump. Quality wise they are ok , not bad nor great. But you save +2rs / ltr becase they are outside pune city limits
Old 29th September 2008, 08:19   #127
BHPian

Grrrrrr why didnt i read this thread earlier! I've been a sucker one too many times. I'm gonna be careful next time.. This 'meter stuck' thing is famous at a local pump here. My friend who's an officer in the Navy was cheated to. Maybe he'll get the place BOMBED
Old 29th September 2008, 13:29   #128

As someone has already asked before, can we put in some of the good bunks information for others to benefit. I would like to know a reliable one near bannerghatta road or near cunnigham road..

Note :- the petrol bunk after Jayadeva flyover (towards MG Road, after sobha magnolia) does the same thing of not able to hear correctly the amount required and doing the fuelling twice.. Avoid them..
Old 29th September 2008, 14:09   #129
Senior - BHPian

One petol bunk which I felt emply such tricks is the petrol bunk on South end circle, Banglore.
Old 29th September 2008, 14:17   #130
Senior - BHPian

Avoid it, its full time into this, their motto:

Each time, every time we will try and trick you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
One petol bunk which I felt emply such tricks is the petrol bunk on South end circle, Banglore.
Old 29th September 2008, 14:22   #131
rkg
Senior - BHPian

the HPCL bunk at trinity circle MG road, Bangalore is company owned and operated. not dealer.
Old 29th September 2008, 14:23   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

@DilipS, check these threads for good bunks in South Bengalooru.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-fill-up.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...rol-pumps.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-jp-nagar.html
Old 29th September 2008, 14:30   #133
NitinGirish

@Guna & Dadu: Do you mean Cauvery petrol pump? It comes with high recommendation I thought.

Old 29th September 2008, 16:09   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Nitin, they are talking of South End circle - the bunk at the circle itself (close to elephant rock).

The one you are talking about is opposite Lalbagh West Gate.
Old 29th September 2008, 16:15   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The one you are talking about is opposite Lalbagh West Gate.
Thats cauvery petrol bunk. Its known for honesty in whole of Bangalore. I don't think they are talking about that one. It seems the bunk in question here is the one in southend circle on the road which goes to viveks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks