Old 22nd February 2007, 22:16   #31
BHPian

One more thing,

We had Turbojet diesel from HP..

Can that cause an issue?
Old 22nd February 2007, 22:40   #32
rks
BANNED

@Shankaranand: Does Indigo manual recommend against premium diesels like Turbojet diesel? If so that might well be the problem in this case. If there is no specific recommendation either for or against this diesel, you might consult your authorized dealer on whether it is advised. I have read in this forum that some manufacturers like Skoda, Honda,... explicitly recommend against premium fuels and many people have experienced problems while using these fuels.
Old 22nd February 2007, 22:41   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
@Shankaranand: Does Indigo manual recommend against premium diesels like Turbojet diesel? If so that might well be the problem in this case. If there is no specific recommendation either for or against this diesel, you might consult your authorized dealer on whether it is advised. I have read in this forum that some manufacturers like Skoda, Honda,... explicitly recommend against premium fuels and many people have experienced problems while using these fuels.
Tata does not have any such recommendations. When I checked with Concorde, they said that should not be the issue.
Old 22nd February 2007, 22:53   #34
Team-BHP Support

I have climbed that incline in my NA indica, and took a few bends out of the 36 in second gear. An indigo has sufficient power, even when its fully loaded.
We were 4 people in the car when I drove it to ooty along the hairpin route.

So the issue was most probably with the fuel.
Old 23rd February 2007, 00:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

I may be very much wrong here, but a burnt rubber smell and no pickup makes me think about some jammed up brakes. Did you get them checked as well?

I know this may not be a good explanation, since the jammed brakes would have ruined things eventually, but I was thinking of some temporary brake shoes/liner/drum problem (Excuse my lack of technical knowledge here! ) Or something more basic like a jammed hand brake????

@Everyone who wants to travel around Mysore/Ooty

And about the petrol pumps, there are quite a few GOOD of them in Mysore (Like the one on JLB road opposite to Christ the King convent or the BPCL bunk next to Ramakrishnashram). You can get a full tank here and finish your trip. If you can't make it with that much fuel, try one of the better petrol bunks in Ooty/Gudalur.

PM me your plan if you're traveling towards Mysore (If you have trouble with anything) and I'll make sure you get the best of resources
Old 23rd February 2007, 01:45   #36
BHPian

Ok to narrate my experience,it was my TCIC safari and we were going to Polali(in D.K,Karnataka)and my vehicle was feeling sluggish a day before,so i decided that the culprit could be bad diesel,

I mixed the fuel with some STP additives,and drove on,initialy everything was fine,at the hills the problem started,the vehicle is revving freely but is refusing to pull even on moderate(comparatively) inclines!

I was at my wits end,i some how manged to come to flat surface where it continued to revv freely,but not translating the rpm into effective torque required! I finally figured out a possible solution and stormed to the a filling station and filled regular fuel at around 1/2 tank and after some 60-70 kms the problem dissapeared!

Also it was smoking excessively.Any common points Shankaranand?
Old 23rd February 2007, 04:44   #37
Senior - BHPian

Just a thought. Is it some issue with the pressure difference when you are climbing up the altitude? I am no technical guy, but this thought just passed in.
Old 23rd February 2007, 08:53   #38
BHPian

Moral I understood from the thread was, do not use any fuel with additives. Use normal always!. Thanks guys for the heads Up!
Old 23rd February 2007, 16:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Just a thought. Is it some issue with the pressure difference when you are climbing up the altitude? I am no technical guy, but this thought just passed in.
Turbo cars generally are not affected as much as NA cars by high altitudes.

Most Viewed