Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2019, 13:20   #1
BANNED

Uber India releases top 5 lists and other statistics; Mumbai tops the list of highest midnight rides

Uber India releases top 5 lists and other statistics; Mumbai tops the list of highest midnight rides-uber_howindiamovedin2019.png
  • Delhi and Bengaluru recorded the highest and the second-highest number of Uber trips overall, respectively followed by Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Mumbai.
  • Bengaluru was the city with the highest number of people opting for Uber POOL rides, followed by Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad, and Mumbai.
  • November and December were the favorite months for Indians to leave their cars behind and use Uber; 7th December saw the maximum Uber rides in 2019
  • Holi was the favorite festive season for Indians to use Uber, followed by Dussehra and Diwali
  • Top 3 international cities which saw the maximum Uber rides by Indian travelers were London, San Francisco, and Doha, while for international travelers in India – Delhi, Mumbai, and Bangalore were top 3 cities to avail Uber rides
  • Western India is officially the sleepless region of 2019 in India, with the highest percentage of Uber trips between 2 am and 5 am taken in Mumbai, Surat, and Ahmedabad.
Source: Uber

Last edited by wheelguy : 27th December 2019 at 13:23.
wheelguy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 14:09   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Uber India releases top 5 lists and other statistics; Mumbai tops the list of highest midnight r

Surprised to see Kochi in the "Sleepless Cities" category. This is one city that sleeps after 10PM (Except for Lulu Mall ), party scene is almost nil etc and night goers usually prefer to pool with friends or take their own car. Guess the airport run (GCC flights) helped Kochi bag the spot.
naveen.raju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 16:30   #3
BHPian

Re: Uber India releases top 5 lists and other statistics; Mumbai tops the list of highest midnight r

Pune being the in 2-5AM list has less to do with the nightlife and more to do with the fact that the airport is busiest during that time of the day. Nearly 30 arrivals and 40 takeoffs at PNQ airport between 00 and 0600hrs alone.

Last edited by haldar_siliguri : 28th December 2019 at 16:38.
haldar_siliguri is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 19:57   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

This is what UBER is good for, analytics and counting money. They know fully well that their services today i.e driver behavior, car condition and overall costs have never been worse.

I've uninstalled the app since 2 years, because everytime their notifications come in about their analytics (number of rides) or offers I feel like drop-kicking the phone. Zero value, all gas.

Americans are famous for hiking prices wherever they spread their tentacles, that and their must-go fire sale and both these tactics are used in rotation to make our wallets lighter.

I signed off just as their service quality dropped off and prices soared sky high. They screw their drivers on a daily basis as well as they tell me many a time. Of course it helps that I don't drink, UBERs main profit is from the pub hoppers and frequent airport goers.. I don't travel much either, even if I do a nearby known taxi service is far reliable with competitive pricing. Between OLA and UBER though, the latter is the lesser enemy.

Last edited by dark.knight : 28th December 2019 at 19:58.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 21:13   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Pune being the in 2-5AM list has less to do with the nightlife and more to do with the fact that the airport is busiest during that time of the day. Nearly 30 arrivals and 40 takeoffs at PNQ airport between 00 and 0600hrs alone.
Because the blessed airport is shut between 10am and 5pm on account of it being a defence airport.

About time with all the goddam rhetoric that the Govt builds and provides more civilian airports!
Old 28th December 2019, 22:04   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Because the blessed airport is shut between 10am and 5pm on account of it being a defence airport.
10AM-5PM restriction is now only on Saturdays. On weekdays, the runway is closed for IAF’s sorties from 8am to 10.30am. Even so there definitely is significant civilian air traffic restriction during daytime and that cannot be ignored. Not to mention the shorter runway and limited terminal space. It’s the single most imp bottleneck for the city's progress, stuck in bureaucracy.
Old 30th December 2019, 10:19   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Interesting numbers there, thanks for sharing .

Am quite surprised that Bombay is no.5 in terms of volume. Is this because of:

- Public transport (trains + BEST + upcoming metro). Or the ubiquitous black & yellow cabs that are everywhere?

- People driving themselves?

- Working from home?

We surely have greater volume of cars than Kolkata + Hyderabad + Bangalore. The car sales state so!

Agreed with the top ranking on late night rides. This city never sleeps! A woman can drive alone at 3 a.m. without being hassled, or even walk on Marine Drive at midnight. The roads are always busy.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 11:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Interesting numbers there, thanks for sharing .

Am quite surprised that Bombay is no.5 in terms of volume. Is this because of:

- Public transport (trains + BEST + upcoming metro). Or the ubiquitous black & yellow cabs that are everywhere?

- People driving themselves?

- Working from home?

We surely have greater volume of cars than Kolkata + Hyderabad + Bangalore. The car sales state so!
I would say its because of Kaali Peeli + Trains + BEST.
I dont know of any place in India that has better Taxi availability than Mumbai. If you are ok traveling in them, I think it is actually more convenient to hail a Kaali Peeli than Uber/Ola in Mumbai.

Bangalore is expected to figure high up. Not many would want to drive their cars there anyway.
vibbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 10:35   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Uber India permanently shuts down it's Mumbai office as per this link.

Link

Quote:
After laying-off almost one-fourth of its staff in India (600 employees) in May, ride-hailing firm Uber has shut down its Mumbai office, said a person aware of the development asking not to be named.

Uber’s Mumbai employees will continue to work from home until December, the person said. It is not clear if the employees will be moved to another office in Mumbai next year.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks