Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 7.04%
Axis Bank 7 2.46%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.46%
HDFC Bank 54 19.01%
ICICI Bank 134 47.18%
IDBI Bank 7 2.46%
IDFC Bank 39 13.73%
Induslnd bank 3 1.06%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.52%
State Bank of India 10 3.52%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 4.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2021, 16:07   #136
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

I have had the worst experience with ICICI bank. Owing to Covid, the cars not being driven around much and without my consent they blacklisted my tag and closed my account! How is this even possible? Filed another complaint on PG Portal against them for this unfair practice. Just not done! Has anyone else faced this issue?

And once again I am back in the market to purchase a new tag! *facepalm*
Old 11th May 2021, 16:25   #137
Senior - BHPian

Am probably one of the handful of users out here who has opted for Kotak since they were the first to approach me in 2019 and I have both a bank account as well as a credit card with them. The tag was delivered within three days and have had absolutely no problems with it either on the scanning front or on the correct payments debited front. Cashbacks are also credited in time. Only drawback I see as an extensive Paytm Wallet user is that I need to maintain a separate wallet for Kotak where funds are blocked which I guess is the same for all providers except Paytm.
Old 11th May 2021, 18:29   #138
BHPian

I have been fine with my AXIS bank FASTag. After reading a few reviews and failing to get one free from NHAI contractors in 2019 Dec when it was made compulsory. It has served me well so far, not a single reading failure/ wrong billing so far in about 50 tolls.

I was scared by some reviews about HDFC, SBI and other bank FASTag reviews on how terrible customer service (or non-existent) had been. Well, mine turned out to be no different with AXIS Bank until it arrived, there was no way to know the status, CS calls not picked up, no or routine responses to mails. Imagine a branch manager admitting, you and I are the same as far as CS for FASTag is concerned.

I have not had a necessity to get to CS after that.
Old 12th May 2021, 11:47   #139
BHPian

Does anyone know how to cancel HDFC FastTag? I sold my car and removed the HDFC FastTag from it. But https://fastag.hdfcbank.com/RetailRoadUserLogin/Index is so pathetic that there doesn't seem to be option to cancel the FastTag. Technically, my HDFC FastTag is still linked to my car registration number. Not sure what happens now when the new owner tries to get a FastTag for the same registration number.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 12th May 2021 at 11:50. Reason: Added additional comments
Old 12th May 2021, 11:51   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Does anyone know how to cancel HDFC FastTag? I sold my car and removed the HDFC FastTag from it. But https://fastag.hdfcbank.com/ is so pathetic that there doesn't seem to be option to cancel the FastTag. Technically, my HDFC FastTag is still linked to my car registration number. Not sure what happens now when the new owner tries to get a FastTag for the same registration number.
Any fastag customer support services is pathetic. When I faced this issue with kotak bank, I tried multiple times but couldn't reach the customer service center at all, I just wrote to ombudsman and asked them to return my security deposit and fastag balance.

Within 4 days I got back my money and message confirmation that fastag is deactivated.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 13:13   #141
BHPian

I used HDFC for my previous car. Once I sold it, I called up the customer service and informed them the same. The balance was transferred to my bank account. It was simple, I only had to wait for a few days. Two problems faced were: 1) every time I pass a toll, I would receive the sms after a couple hours. In my new car, I am using SBI, and facing the same issue. This is manageable. 2) the msite would not work well on a small mobile. Sbi msite is better here.
Benoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 14:28   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Terrible experience with Axis Bank. The Fastag balance was suddenly reduced to zero from Rs. 343 on account of a "manual adjustment" - no explanation given at all on the statement. And there is no way to report the complaint on their portal! Recharging is also glitchy and often fails mid-way through the transaction.

I have ICICI bank fastag on my other car and this one is very seamless. There have been no errors and recharging is clean process and worked every time.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd July 2021 at 02:09. Reason: Typo
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 17:53   #143
BHPian

PAYTM fastag is very convenient to use , money gets deducted from paytm main wallet system so no recharging the fastag. Also very easy to see the statements within the paytm app.

Recently i sold my car and i transferred the existing Paytm Tag to the new owner Paytm number, it was super quick and easy. Also i received my 150 rs money back to my mail wallet.
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 21:59   #144
BHPian

PayTM it is for both of our cars at home. Convenient and easy to recharge and can be done through credit cards too.
Old 26th July 2021, 16:25   #145
BHPian

I voted PayTm. I find their delivery very quick, and the wallet puts my bank a/c behind the UPI firewall and hence more secure
Old 26th July 2021, 16:54   #146
Senior - BHPian

Paytm as a wallet I haven't had any problems with and when I applied for a Fastag, process was smooth and got delivered without a hitch and I've been using it since then without any gripes. Of late, no one's really using Paytm as a wallet, though they were the first to come out after demonetization. Google Pay has simply gobbled up the wallet market in India.
Old 26th July 2021, 18:52   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Of late, no one's really using Paytm as a wallet, though they were the first to come out after demonetization. Google Pay has simply gobbled up the wallet market in India.
Not really. I recently switched back to Paytm Wallet + Paytm UPI combo, and have written about it here (The Cashless Transactions Thread (apps, wallets etc.)).

If you do frequent micro payments like I do (ginger chai, vada pav/bajji, vegetables/fruits/flowers from street carts etc) then Paytm wallet is a blessing. Just keep topping up by rs500 or so when needed.

If I had known that Fastag can be paid via Paytm wallet, then I would have taken Paytm Fastag.
Old 26th July 2021, 19:39   #148
BHPian

My experience with ICICI Fastag on all our cars has been seamless. Have encountered multiple issues with the PayTM tag.
Old 10th August 2021, 17:12   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a very bad experience with HDFC Fastag during my last highway journey.

I started the journey with Rs. 400 odd balance and tried recharging via UPI when I halted to tank up diesel. The payment seemed to go through fine. But after a while I got an automated message from HDFC saying that the recharge was unsuccessful due to "wallet freeze". Google revealed that this happens due to pending KYC verification. There never was any communication from HDFC regarding this and they just quietly froze the wallet and for some reason even kept it as a secret, so that they could make my life hell when I set out on the highway!

I called customer care and after a really long hold time, I get the expected answer that this is due to KYC not updated. To get it updated, I am asked to send scanned documents to a mail ID. I thought I could send them the soft copies stored on my phone and that they could activate the wallet immediately. No, that's not how it works. They need 9 to 10 working days to update the KYC . And here I was on the highway at the start of a 500 kms highway journey , with return journey in another 4 days and 16 toll gates to cross! Way to go HDFC! It's like they are waiting for the opportune time to harass the unsuspecting customer.

Luckily 'wallet freeze' only prevents you from recharging the fastag balance and you are still allowed to utilize the available balance till it drops to the minimum. I had no choice but to carry on the journey and I was prepared to pay double toll when the balance went down to zero. The balance lasted almost till the last toll gate of my onward journey where the operator said "Sir, low balance". No fastag means one has to pay double the toll charges in cash. The toll fee was Rs. 100/- at this gate. The operator took the 200 rupee note with full sympathy on me. He felt so sorry for me that he gave me the solution to my problem.

He directed me to the P.O.S. fastag guys sitting at the corner and said that they would sort out the issue in minutes. I just had to get a new tag and bring it to him. He would then scan it and return the cash!

The solution is to simply get a new tag. I bought a new ICICI tag. The agent took a photo of the car number plate , took my aadhar no. and registered a new tag with all the details. Paid cash. No documents asked for. Apparently when we register a new tag with the vehicle number, the existing tag gets cancelled. This I need to check though. Took the tag to the toll booth, got my 200 bucks back and continued the journey. Bye bye HDFC.
Santoshbhat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 17:30   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I called customer care and after a really long hold time, I get the expected answer that this is due to KYC not updated. [...]

The solution is to simply get a new tag. I bought a new ICICI tag.
Wouldn't you have to go through the KYC process with this ICICI tag as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks