Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 7.04%
Axis Bank 7 2.46%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.46%
HDFC Bank 54 19.01%
ICICI Bank 134 47.18%
IDBI Bank 7 2.46%
IDFC Bank 39 13.73%
Induslnd bank 3 1.06%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.52%
State Bank of India 10 3.52%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 4.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2023, 18:53   #196
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
How much did you pay for the fastag initially ? I bought it for Rs 500.
You are right. I checked and realized I had spent Rs. 500 too. I cannot check break-up as that page is broken on PayTM. Checking back the transactions, both Rs. 250 got added as 'cashback' 5 days after Rs. 150. I can't be sure but I do not anticipate another cashback that I would get around that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Please vote and let us know which FASTag service provider you are using
I am using Bank of Baroda now as that was the only option from the dealer. I do not like it because the only way to check balance is through last toll SMS. Bank of Baroda app does not recognize the Fastag account number or my mobile number. They had also deactivated the tag once as the dealer had not updated RC details but did not sent any notification about deactivation, taking me by surprise and having to pay double. There was no online way to update RC details, customer care found it funny that I asked whether I can update details online. They wanted me to walk into a BoB branch but finally I got it done through the dealer. Level of knowledge the customer care agents had was bad that I had to call multiple times to get connected to someone who knows what they are talking about.

I had earlier used PayTM but I did not like that as they blocked Rs. 150 from the wallet. I felt it was an unfair practice.
Old 6th February 2023, 22:03   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish_Diesel View Post
Its Paytm for me. I have used ICICI and HDFC as well. But Paytm is user friendly and need to just maintain the wallet with sufficient funds. Since most of us have Paytm with UPI linked on the mobiles its very easy to fill the wallet with some easy functions like add money automatically etc. So for me Paytm is the best.
Icici has same feature whereas the tag can be auto loaded from the savings account whenevr tag balance is below a limit. The biggest plus point I see with Icici is their prompt customer service and very easy process for tag closure which is seamless, online and money is refunded promptly without any follow up. In fact a new tag can be ordered online from the savings account itself and no additional paperwork /KYC or RC proof required. My tag arrived within 2-3 days after ordering for my new car and I didn't need to go with the tag of dealer's choice.

I experienced all these things first hand and now I always recommend ICICI to all my friends and family members.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 6th February 2023 at 22:09.
Old 6th February 2023, 22:51   #198
BHPian

I have PayTM as my only UPI, Digital wallet and FASTag app. Have been couple of years on the FASTag now. No issue faces across ever across countless tolls. Their user interface has become cluttered recently but overall it’s still a good multi-purpose app.

I had installed PayTM on my phone when RBI had forced Uber to provide other options beyond credit card and they had partnered with PayTM. At that time, I had thought it was a master stroke then and they would have an edge over others. It came out true partially as other similar apps like Mobikwik and Freecharge are almost nowhere to be seen. But going through this and other related threads on the forum, it seems that PayTM was not able to maintain the dominance in other areas like UPI and Fastag.

Last edited by warrioraks : 6th February 2023 at 22:54.
Old 7th February 2023, 08:22   #199
BHPian

I had HDFC Fastag on my old car and it never gave any problem. When I sold off the car, the account was cancelled without any hassles.

But there is no online option to cancel it, we can only suspend it for few months. To cancel the Fastag, need to call their customer care and they process the cancellation and deposit amount and the remaining balance is transferred to the bank account in 15 days.

When I purchased the new car, got the Fastag from HDFC through the dealer.
Old 7th February 2023, 11:03   #200
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Icici has same feature whereas the tag can be auto loaded from the savings account whenevr tag balance is below a limit. The biggest plus point I see with Icici is their prompt customer service and very easy process for tag closure which is seamless, online and money is refunded promptly without any follow up. In fact a new tag can be ordered online from the savings account itself and no additional paperwork /KYC or RC proof required. My tag arrived within 2-3 days after ordering for my new car and I didn't need to go with the tag of dealer's choice.

I experienced all these things first hand and now I always recommend ICICI to all my friends and family members.
Hello. Yes I agree if we have ICICI account. However I was not having ICICI account and hence it was a nightmare to load the fasttag. I have to login using the credentials and sometimes I don't remember that. Where as with Paytm since I (Infact most of the users) have Paytm wallet it was much easier. And once I had to change the fasttag and replacement tag came in 1 day to Bangalore whereas ICICI took around 5 days. Maybe my experience was bad with ICICI.
Krish_Diesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 12:13   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish_Diesel View Post
However I was not having ICICI account and hence it was a nightmare to load the fasttag. I have to login using the credentials and sometimes I don't remember that.
This is not a valid reason, as every Fastag can be recharged via UPI with the standardised VPA, netc.<vehicle-no>@<tag-issueing-bank>. Something like: netc.KA01MA5432@icici.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 13:13   #202
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
This is not a valid reason, as every Fastag can be recharged via UPI with the standardised VPA, netc.<vehicle-no>@<tag-issueing-bank>. Something like: netc.KA01MA5432@icici.
Thanks Binand. It was a valid reason for me as I was mentioning about my past experience and that time UPI option was not available.

But thanks for the tip of using this method of UPI and I will try this for my other car which is still having ICICI fast tag.
Old 7th February 2023, 15:28   #203
BHPian

So, after a year of working seamlessly, PayTM fastag started showing issues. What started with incorrect toll deduction for return fare ended up with PayTM deducting INR 160 for what should've been INR 60. Well, mistakes happen I thought and promptly raised a ticket with PayTM. They refunded INR 40 and closed the ticket. I tried raising a fresh ticket and PayTM closed it twice without even providing a proper response. With no customer support to speak to, I raised an issue with the Nodal officer. The people handling it are even worse. The ticket is not resolved till date and to top it off, they can't even understand what I am trying to convey.

Frustrated, I closed my tag account and was about to switch to ICICI (since my other car uses one too and the experience is pretty good except for some minor hiccups) when I've noticed that they tied-up with Amazon for fastag as well. I have an Amazon Pay-ICICI credit card and so far, the experience was seamless. The fastag part is handled by ICICI just like the vanilla ICICI fastag. If you are an Amazon prime member however, you get 1% toll charged the month before as cashback as Amazon pay balance. Well, it isn't much, but atleast we get 1% money back versus practically nothing for the other tags.

For those who are planning to switch to ICICI, do take a look at Amazon Pay-ICICI tag as well, especially if you are a Prime member.
furyrider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 21:45   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Wanted a add-on tag for my second vehicle, and had submitted request on ICICI's Fastag portal 4 weeks back. The same incompetent approach as I had faced 2 years back. Had to escalate again through their twitter link, and finally the tag is now on it's way. Wonder when will ICICI improve in this area.

I could have taken another company, but I have a CUG account for this. And regular use has not been a problem at all, all through the years I have had it since Fastag was introduced.
Old 25th April 2023, 22:04   #205
BHPian

Have one from Paytm and another from IDFC. Bought the Paytm FT as I once had a Paytm bank account. The second time did not worry much and decided that the SA can get it and be done with it. No issues faced on both so far. Don't use an auto debit and I top the Paytm for 500 every year. The IDFC one gets topped for 2K-3K every month. One exit and reentry from nice road and one exit via the new bangalore mysore highway and reentry via coimbatore selam bangalore route will set back by 1.5+ approx every month.

I don't think I've a gripe with the tags but a bigger beef with folks who decide to block the queue because they tag is blacklisted or they don't have one. Every alternate trip I make, I unfortunately get stuck behind on of these pain in the bums
drive.helios is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 11:46   #206
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this is a scam of some sort.

At the Thiruvallam toll plaza outside the city, i was told that my fastag has no balance. Now I keep my fastag on auto recharge and was pretty sure i did have sufficient balance. But people behind me were getting impatient as i was holding the line. So paid double in cash and moved on.

Stopped after a while to check balance since i was on a long drive and did not want to get stuck at other tolls. Had some Rs400 in balance!

All other toll gates had no issues en route and getting back as well.

Now while getting back, at the same Thiruvallam toll plaza the lady says no balance pay cash double! Told her there's 500 in balance and to check. She walks to the counter lady and says he has balance. Now suddenly i do have balance and the boom bar opens up!

Never faced this issue anywhere.
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 21:01   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post

Now while getting back, at the same Thiruvallam toll plaza the lady says no balance pay cash double! Told her there's 500 in balance and to check. She walks to the counter lady and says he has balance. Now suddenly i do have balance and the boom bar opens up!

Never faced this issue anywhere.
If I am not mistaken, the toll reader is unable to read the FT, then you should get waved through without any charge.

That said, some wallets (Axis Bank, in my case) takes some time to reflect the amount. I was stuck in a similar manner, on a trip from Mumbai to Goa (2021) but it didn't show in my balance. Luckily back then, there wasn't double payment. By the time I had reached the next toll, it was reflecting and I was all set for another showdown. However, I said it is updated, and showed them the balance in account. Was promptly waved through.

This, however, doesn't work on the Mumbai entrance toll.

I switched to PayTM FT the next trip. Haven't been bothered since.
balphanso is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 21:12   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone have the contact number of a PayTM Fastag agent in Bangalore ? Pls DM.

TIA !
Old 9th September 2023, 14:37   #209
BHPian

Has anyone tried getting a Paytm fastag for new car?. I have only chassis number and Paytm app doesn't allow me order without registration number. Support number is not helpful as well. If someone has contacts in chennai, it would be great if you can share.

Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 22:07   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balphanso View Post
If I am not mistaken, the toll reader is unable to read the FT, then you should get waved through without any charge.

That said, some wallets (Axis Bank, in my case) takes some time to reflect the amount. I was stuck in a similar manner, on a trip from Mumbai to Goa (2021) but it didn't show in my balance. Luckily back then, there wasn't double payment. By the time I had reached the next toll, it was reflecting and I was all set for another showdown. However, I said it is updated, and showed them the balance in account. Was promptly waved through.

This, however, doesn't work on the Mumbai entrance toll.

I switched to PayTM FT the next trip. Haven't been bothered since.
I had Paytm Fastag for my previous car. I am expecting the delivery of my new car in January. Can I rely on Axis bank for my new Fastag? Because I am thinking to uninstall Paytm and use my Axis bank app for everything from now on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks