Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 7.04%
Axis Bank 7 2.46%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.46%
HDFC Bank 54 19.01%
ICICI Bank 134 47.18%
IDBI Bank 7 2.46%
IDFC Bank 39 13.73%
Induslnd bank 3 1.06%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.52%
State Bank of India 10 3.52%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 4.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2020, 11:34   #46
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

I like PayTM because they merged fastag with their main wallet and you dont have to worry about maintaining another wallet.
Old 26th February 2020, 11:35   #47

I have used ICICI and KVB for my vehicles.
I could not figure out how to add a vehicle to an existing ICICI account.
Please advice.
Old 26th February 2020, 11:46   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Got Equitas for all 3 cars. Their process seemed to be the easiest in the early days when tags were being sold by NHAI offices in various cities. Earlier, for the two cars, I had to go and submit the documents to the closest Equitas branch.
+1 to Equitas.

A few years back ( 2017 I think ) Equitas was the only provider having a completely online process for issuing a tag and then getting it home delivered. Hence went with them and have had absolutely zero issues so far.

The only pain point is their mobile app which doesnt have all the features as their website ( can't check transactions easily or raise a dispute directly from here) but that's hardly an issue given the only regular use case is to recharge the tag.
Old 26th February 2020, 11:49   #49
BHPian

I had an Axis fastag on my car which I got by default. Since I live in Trivandrum and we don't have toll booths yet, I never thought about it actually. But when the rule came and we as a family were planning for a Mysore trip on car, I tried to recharge it. Unfortunately, I found the service/website etc of Axis very pathetic. Atlast I switched to ICICI fastag which I ordered through their iMobile app.The only issue I faced was with the delivery of fastag through Bluedart courier but I got it at last. Regarding ICICI fastag, usage is smooth till now.
Old 26th February 2020, 11:53   #50
sgm
BHPian

I have voted for PayTm which I feel is the best.
Currently I have FasTags from PayTm and Karur Vysya Bank(KVB). I spend Rs 70 on Toll for my office commute, so I need to recharge quite often.
In PayTm FasTag, only Rs 150 is blocked from the PayTm account towards FasTag and as I use PayTm almost everyday for payments at neighborhood shops, I don't mind recharging a bigger amount.
Recharging KVB is not super easy, so I end up loading 1k or 2k each time after doing the login and that money remains blocked in the FasTag account. I don't have a KVB bank account, so there is no auto deduction but to recharge, I use the MyFasTag App which can used to recharge FasTag from any bank.
Old 26th February 2020, 12:18   #51
BHPian

I was given the HDFC fastag while buying the car, maybe I would have opted for HDFC but I really didn't have a choice.
The first recharge worked fine and the 2000rs lasted around 3 months, the issue started when I had to travel again and wanted to recharge and had forgotten my password.

The site is absolutely pathetic, I have not been able to reset my password in the last 10days, it just doesn't work.
9 out of 10 times it does not recognize the Cust ID and Wallet ID, says no record.
The 1 time it does, and you click on next page for OTP generation - no OTP gets generated.
Inspite of being a willing user, I am driving around paying cash.

I wish there was a poll for worst Fastag providers.

Q: So, if this thing stays like this, what are my options? Take this one off and get a new Fastag ID for my car?
Old 26th February 2020, 12:24   #52
BHPian

Voted for HDFC. Initially I got a ICICI one but the tag a/c didn't work for some reason and customer care was not helpful either. So got a HDFC one now and its been working smoothly. Online application process was smooth and got the tag in a week. Best part is, it's a wallet system and not auto-debit from any bank a/c. Also their customer care is responsive as I had to call them once.
Only issue was recharging the wallet since that required a browser since there was no app but now that's been solved too since Google pay can be used to recharge directly from mobile.
Anduril is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 13:01   #53
SRM
BHPian

Got a HDFC fastag with the car. It has been pretty seamless to use and works like a wallet effectively. Had called their customer care once and was adequately provided the information.

The only thing I have felt is that it's not instant. When you recharge your wallet, it takes some hours to reflect the updated balance and also once I cross a toll, I get the debit messages after sometime. Not a dealbreaker, but would expect that in today's times. Is this the case with other providers too?
Old 26th February 2020, 13:21   #54
Senior - BHPian

Have been using ICICI Fastag since 2017 and has been seamlessly effective across all 6 different States that I have traversed over the period.

Zero glitches so far at tolls and quick refunds for the double toll charges during the early days with clueless toll attendants
Old 26th February 2020, 14:31   #55
BHPian

I have voted for Axis Bank Fast-tag. Ordered it online but the delivery was snail mail (took 3 weeks). Have not faced any issues in the billing so far (only 3 transactions till date) and got the SMS almost immediately. I've not linked any bank account, just upload the money to the account. The site navigation is ok but has plenty of room for improvement.
Old 26th February 2020, 14:56   #56
BHPian

I have used ICICI and PayTM.
ICICI website is painful. Navigation, recharging and user-friendlyness is something ICICI could really work on.
PayTM wins due to ease of use. Though in terms of customer care ICICI is far ahead of the competition. I had the misfortune of dealing with PayTM customer care. I can safely say that they're the worst in the country. Maybe only SBI is worse off compared to them.
Old 26th February 2020, 15:11   #57
BHPian

I got FasTag provided by ICICI. I just uploaded the requisite docs & fees and got it delivered by the 8th day.

They have an separate FasTag site from where you can manage your top ups.

As a cautious user, I have not used the auto debit facility. I top up just before the journey for a sum slightly above the total toll amounts.

Till now have made 2 trips within TN and am happy to report that the operations are seamless. The debit messages are delivered anywhere between 5 mins to 1 day delay. Also the multi entry (Return same day) fares were picked up correctly.

It is still sad to see many people opting for Cash queues and with some hogging the FasTag queues.

Toll operators seem to maintain the number of Cash and FasTag gates based on whether it is a weekend or working day. On a weekend last 2 queues were cash and rest were FasTag. On a week day Cash and FasTag were 2 each.
Old 26th February 2020, 15:18   #58
BHPian

I have an ICICI FASTag, works well and no issues so far. I avoided PayTM at all cost, I don't prefer to deal with Chinese investment.
Old 26th February 2020, 15:30   #59
BHPian

I have one from Kotak and one from ICICI, call center numbers from both of these providers are a sham. None of them works. Fortunately I haven't had any issues with payment yet but I am not so optimistic about it.
Old 26th February 2020, 15:47   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
HDFC, well no clarity in terms of what is happening with my request, placed an request for the tag in Oct '19 and still nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam109 View Post
However I would not recommend HDFC Bank.
They delivered the Tag almost 2 weeks later than the promised date.
Must say, did not expect such a shabby experience from HDFC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
I was given the HDFC fastag while buying the car,

The site is absolutely pathetic,
I got my Fastag from the net banking site of HDFC since i bank with them and thought it would be convenient.
I got an email and sms stating that i would receive my Fastag within 7 days....but it was not to be. Even after i got the relationship manager on the job, it took two weeks more than the TAT published. Reason? The excuse was being swamped with orders.

The same thing happened when i applied for a Fastag from my mother's net banking account of HDFC. It took more than 3 weeks to be delivered and though it was applied from my mother's account, the Fastag was linked to my wallet id? Maybe it was since the mobile number was common?

The site is very poorly designed too. Obviously, Fastag business is not within the core competence of HDFC staffers.
earthian is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks