Team-BHP > Street Experiences

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 19 7.48%
Axis Bank 7 2.76%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.76%
HDFC Bank 48 18.90%
ICICI Bank 124 48.82%
IDBI Bank 3 1.18%
IDFC Bank 34 13.39%
Induslnd bank 3 1.18%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 7 2.76%
State Bank of India 8 3.15%
Yes Bank 1 0.39%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 5.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2020, 07:42   #76
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

I have voted for ICICI.

Obtaining the fastag for my two cars was simple enough. I sent soft copies of my required documents to the bank representative through whatsapp, he did the rest and he delivered them personally to my home in 3 days time. I got my linked account number and details online and I can now recharge online through my bank's fastag page. It has been working flawlessly so far, other than SMS coming through with a lag of a few hours sometimes, everytime I pass through a toll gate.

The only issue I have faced is the queue at the toll gate between Thrissur and Kochi. But, that is due to non-up-takers, who still don't have a fastag and inconvenience other road users, and not due to the toll system itself.
So all in all its all good.

Cheerio!
Old 27th February 2020, 08:10   #77
BHPian

Voted for Paytm. There is no other provider that offers ease of use when compared to it.
Old 27th February 2020, 10:12   #78
BHPian

After using PayTM for over 3 years, switched to ICICI and happy with the service.

Pro's of ICICI:

1. Customer care number works. In case of any issue, you can talk to fellow human instead of bot.
2. Promt notification via SMS and EMAIL
3. As I have an account in ICICI bank, recharging via iMobile app is very convenient.

Cons of ICICI: :

Need to maintain seprate wallet for fastag account.

Pros of PayTM:
1. Only 150 is blocked for fastag. I can use rest of the amount for payment to other merchants.

Cons of PayTM:

1. Customer care number is never reachable. You are always in the queue.
2. Delayed notifications and balance deduction. Once they deducted after 3 months.
Who_are_you is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 11:22   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

I have got fastags from HDFC, Axis as well as PAYTM. I would like to manage them under one app so i download the fastag app and entered the barcode but it doesnt seem to find the id.
How do I simply the management of my fastags all together?
Old 27th February 2020, 12:24   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I have got fastags from HDFC, Axis as well as PAYTM. I would like to manage them under one app so i download the fastag app and entered the barcode but it doesnt seem to find the id.
How do I simply the management of my fastags all together?

AFAIK, you can't manage fastag from different provider via single app. Every fastag have their own wallet attached to it.

Better post in below Thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...using-115.html (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

Last edited by Who_are_you : 27th February 2020 at 12:25. Reason: Typo: Thier -->their
Old 27th February 2020, 16:26   #81
BHPian

Voted for ICICI.
Its been 3 years now and while I used to have issues logging into that painful portal and transferring money from one wallet to another, UPI has changed everything for me in the past 18 months.
Recharges through Google/Samsung Pay is a 1 minute job and your account gets credited instantly.
Never been happier.

Paytm on the other hand I have heard from friends, is easier than ICICI.
Link bank account to Paytm and money automatically just gets deducted. Zero hassles.
Old 27th February 2020, 16:50   #82
BHPian

I have used ICICI & Airtel. But feel ICICI is better as it has provision to transfer balance to another FASTag or assign the FASTag to another user allowing new owner of the car to be able to use the same FASTag
Old 27th February 2020, 19:33   #83
BHPian

I didn't want to link the fastag to any bank account. Hence opted for paytm who ran a fastag drive in my apartment. Going good for now. But I am a sucker for privacy and don't like any of my data being used anywhere without my consensus. I wonder whether paytm is harvesting my trip and location data!!
Old 27th February 2020, 21:54   #84
BHPian

IndusInd Bank.

Why? Because I have an account with them. Haven't faced any issues so far. Website runs smoothly, and it's easy to recharge the wallet from my bank account.
Old 27th February 2020, 22:30   #85
BHPian

I voted for PayTM since I'm a customer. This last weekend, I did a trip from Mumbai to Statue of Unity, after my return, the next day, I see a transaction off Rs 70 deducted as toll. This was deducted the next day after my trip ended. On checking I found the deductions correct, but the amount was deducted a day later which will confuse many customers and may think this was a fraud ! In fact I tried raising a complaint, apart from a toll free number, I couldn't get to PayTM customer support.
Old 28th February 2020, 09:36   #86
BHPian

Paytm fastag users don't try to call customer care. Just go to Paytm app and raise complaint in fastag section and keep a watch on notification bell in the app. It has been helpful till now. I even changed by phone number within 2 working days.
_chikku is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 17:54   #87
BHPian

I voted for Paytm. I had Axis earlier with horrible online portal for fastag. Paytm is multi purpose, you can use money for all bill payments and toll fee. Paytm also has a seperate passbook for fastag which will make it simple to check the toll deducts. That said, paytm customer service is nothing better than hell.
Old 28th February 2020, 18:27   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Based purely on this thread and the outcome of the poll, I've applied for an ICICI Fastag today for my 2nd car. My 1st (and mainly used) car has a HDFC fastag which works beautifully. But I just wanted to ensure that I don't become a HDFC statistic with my 2nd car (since a lot many HDFC fastag holders seem grumpy about the bank's service levels).
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 18:32   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Did not vote. Why? Please read below.

Have the HDFC Fastag on both my cars, the Vento which is owned by my wife, and the X3, which is company registered.

Getting the tag for the Vento was seamless - applied and paid on their website, had docs picked up, and got the tag enabled in about 10 days (which I thought was a lot back then). Getting the tag for the company owned X3 was a nightmare.

First, I had to get a letter from the company, with all kinds of docs, and a signature from the authorised signatory on the form. Submitted that to my RM, and asked her to link the Tag with my personal account (since per our company’s scheme, tolls have to be paid from a personal account and not from the company’s account). That got caught in HDFC Bank’s incredible bureaucracy. Got a tag issued after incessant follow up for 3 weeks, but the wallet had not been activated. Then got a call from their call centre saying the tag had been rejected because the bank account details did not match the details of the registered owner of the car. After incessant follow up, I finally got the tag activated and wallet enabled more than 2 months after my initial application.

While their website for tag recharge is usable, it is no where near the quality of their usual Netbanking site, or their mobile app. Leads me to think that HDFC Bank does not really want to be issuing Fastags, and has just been jawboned into doing so. I have not yet driven either of the cars through a working toll booth - so am yet to find out how this works in practice.

So while I have HDFC Fastag on both cars, I can’t call it my favourite since the experience so far has been decidedly mediocre.

Last edited by Hayek : 1st March 2020 at 18:34.
Old 1st March 2020, 18:46   #90
BHPian

I have voted fo ICICI. I have procured Fastag from them 7 to 8 years back. That was easy. Their service have been good till now.

Most Viewed