Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 20 7.04%
Axis Bank 7 2.46%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 7 2.46%
HDFC Bank 54 19.01%
ICICI Bank 134 47.18%
IDBI Bank 7 2.46%
IDFC Bank 39 13.73%
Induslnd bank 3 1.06%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 10 3.52%
State Bank of India 10 3.52%
Yes Bank 1 0.35%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 4.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2021, 12:59   #121

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I wish there was a poll to track which fast tag service provider is the worst.
====
I have to face a very annoyed wife and hefty flight charges, all thanks to Axis fast-tag .

I had the exact same issue on February 5th 2021 while traveling from Bangalore to Mumbai. Axisbank fastag was installed in October 2018 by the dealer and I had been using for 2+ years without any issues. In October 2018 I had walked-in to Axis bank branch to update my KYC. In February 2021, their ETC portal had undergone an upgrade & I was unable to recharge my wallet. When I called customer support, they said KYC is not complete, however in the Axix Bank ETC portal, it showed Full KYC & Active. Customer care team couldn't resolve issue from their end and they said the only way is to submit KYC documents again.

Paid in cash for the next 3-4 toll gates & then took an Airtel Fastag which was available at one of the toll gates. I had to show my Aadhar card & RC. It was activated instantly & linked to the same Airtel money wallet I had been using for mobile phone/broadband. So far it has worked properly in 10+ tollgates and no issues.

Prior to 2018, I was using PayTM fastag on my car and it worked flawlessly. I vote for PayTM fastag among the available options.
Old 24th February 2021, 13:08   #122
BANNED

I have tried HDFC Bank FASTag and got it delivered to my doorstep. The entire process was smooth and their tech support was easily available via phone.

Recharging is a breeze from their portal. So far I haven’t faced any issues with it. Amount deducted is exactly equal to the toll amount mentioned near the booths.

Pretty much satisfied with the entire experience.
Old 24th February 2021, 14:57   #123
BANNED

I purchased both ICICI and Paytm fastags be opted to stick the Paytm version. Reason being

1) Paytm is very easy to top-up with UPI - extremely familiar UI
2) Weekend shopping and daily Swiggy orders is always done with Paytm so I maintain wallet balance every week
3) ICICI - Unfamiliar UI (maybe why top-up is outside my comfort zone for me)
4) The biggest reason - My ICICI debit card was blocked/lost and I could not login using the security codes printed on debit card. Could not request new card for a year because my Adhaar address was old and did not have any local address proof (finally found one of my other bank a/c willing to update my address with home visit address check which I used with a bank letterhead to update Adhaar). Paytm is debit card agnostic as long as you setup the UPI channel. With ICICI if you lose and block your debit card, I don't know how/if you can login to top-up while on the road.
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 15:00   #124
BHPian

Is it a rule that we should have only one active fastag at any point of time?

I have been using Paytm Fastag for my previous vehicle which was seamless and user friendly interface via App. I had sold the vehicle and they settled the balance and deposit in 7 working days back to wallet. Very good service!!

For the new vehicle, I have been assigned ICICI fastag from dealership and I do not have an active account with this bank. There does not seem to be IOS app and it was to be done via website. Hence I was thinking of cancelling ICICI and requesting a Paytm fastag.

Can I request Paytm when ICICI tag is active or should I cancel ICICI first and then request for Paytm tag? Also any pointers on getting the deposit and balance from ICICI back to my account?
Old 25th February 2021, 09:15   #125
BHPian

I had acquired Axis Bank Fastags for 4 cars, paid via credit card. They promptly sent me 2. When I in inquired with customer care, I was told to wait for 10 days and I would get it. 20 days later, I call up Axis Bank and they have no clue on how to help me. I didn't want to create and account with another bank in case there is some issue creating a wallet with the same car number. Finally after escalating the issue multiple times with the bank, I got no where. The escalation desk lady actually mailed me saying I have received 2 fastags already and sent me delivery details. Finally after another escalation, they admitted that they hadn't created a wallet with the number for "technical reasons" and refunded the money back to my card.

Got the other two from Kotak.
Old 26th February 2021, 12:22   #126
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Is it a rule that we should have only one active fastag at any point of time?

I have been using Paytm Fastag for my previous vehicle which was seamless and user friendly interface via App. I had sold the vehicle and they settled the balance and deposit in 7 working days back to wallet. Very good service!!

For the new vehicle, I have been assigned ICICI fastag from dealership and I do not have an active account with this bank. There does not seem to be IOS app and it was to be done via website. Hence I was thinking of cancelling ICICI and requesting a Paytm fastag.

Can I request Paytm when ICICI tag is active or should I cancel ICICI first and then request for Paytm tag? Also any pointers on getting the deposit and balance from ICICI back to my account?
I have been seeing ads of ICICI's iMobile app which can be used even if you don't have ICICI bank account. I just checked and it's there on iOS store. This is the first feature listed - "Now a Non- ICICI Customer can pay their Postpaid, DTH, Piped Gas, Electricity, FASTag, Loan Payment etc bills using iMobile Pay app."
JD1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 12:57   #127
BHPian

Quote:
I have gone through the same process and can help you out. I had an HDFC fastag on my new car. Since all my cars can be managed via a single wallet, I just purchased a Paytm fast tag and sent a mail across to Hdfc to deactivate the tag. Then I just removed the old tag and put in the Paytm tag. Simple as that.

From my experience dealing with Paytm tags, it's just so easy to maintain just one app and one wallet (hence saving money because you don't need to keep funds in each tag individually).
kraken is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 13:06   #128
Team-BHP Support

I vote for Paytm, it is super convenient and they ship it to you in a day or two now. The first time I purchased for my Grand Vitara it took more time. After updating RC image got a call after 2 days and then in a couple of days it reached. Next was my mom n law's Ritz which again came in about 2 days after the image was uploaded and phone verification done.

Wife's Ignis came with Axis one which was rarely used since it barely steps out into the highway. But 2 weekends back when she decided to drive to her hometown headache started, I was not in town and got a call saying the Fastag stopped working when they called the axis call centre was informed that KYC is not done. Now the biggest bummer KYC has to be submitted in person at one of the branches. Two lady drivers middle of the highway are supposed to find a bank branch in an unknown town and get this done?!

Then it struck me that toll plazas now sell the card on the spot. So they paid cash for two tolls and at the third found the tag vending and fortunately, they had Paytm one there. The guys at toll helped to remove the Axis one and fit the new one and it was just a 10 min job and then resumed the trip.

Lesson learned, get a tag attached to a bank or account where you have everything set including KYC. Don't make the mistake of buying a from a new financial institution no matter what. Now have to figure a way to get the money loaded in Axis out!
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 18:48   #129
BHPian

Quote:

I have successfully migrated from ICICI Fastag to PayTM. I had ordered PayTM fastag in their offer where they delivered without any Tag fees. It reached in 3 days and working fine.

I had requested for Cancellation of ICICI fastag via their website (login via username and not via Mobile number). I provided the bank details for refund and it went to inactive state immediately. After 10 days, I received the refund of deposit and unused balance via NEFT today. Good service from both providers.

I prefer PayTM for their integrated App with wallet for iPhone which is very easy to use on mobile, whereas it was not straightforward for a non-ICICI customer to use ICICI fastag. ICICI fastag has good website but cumbersome to login via Mobile.
Old 20th March 2021, 19:22   #130
Senior - BHPian

My first two tags were from ICICI. Didn't really have a problem except with ICICI as a brand (huge lack of trust in them going back 15+ years). Next two cars, took Paytm. Now looking at dumping them and evaluating options. Primary issue right now is Paytm's deliberate crippling of their website and mandatory requirement of using the mobile app (which requires pretty much every permission that they can think of, and wouldn't work if not granted).
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 19:55   #131
BHPian

Have 2 fastags from Paytm, super convenient to order, delivered within a week in Indore. In fact the first one I ordered was during total lockdown, still received in a weeks time.

The good thing is it is not linked to any bank a/c directly, I am happy to recharge whenever needed.
Old 22nd March 2021, 09:16   #132
BHPian

Recently added fourth tag (my Father’s car) to the my PayTm wallet. This tag was bought from a highway vendor as it was last minute purchase. Purchasing and linking it to my own wallet was seamless (something I have started to expect from PayTm)

I have three tags already for my own car, my wife’s car and father-in-law’s car. PayTm app’s UI and notifications make it very easy to track which vehicle is being charged etc.
Old 22nd March 2021, 14:07   #133
BHPian

May car has the Fastag from HDFC bank. This was preinstalled by the dealer before delivery of my car. I have been using it for the past 18 months while plying across various states and districts. The tag has performed flawlessly hitherto as there has not been any single instance where the RF scanner has failed to detect my tag. I have been passing through toll booths smoothly, without even stopping in order to allow time for the RF scanners to read the tag. Billing has been accurate, and I receive the toll deduction messages through SMS very promptly i.e., within 1 or 2 minutes of passing through the booth.

Hence, voted for HDFC Bank.
Old 1st April 2021, 12:56   #134
BHPian

Voted ICICI as I have used only ICICI Fastag having single car and hence single Fastag.

I got Fastag in early days of Fastag- Mar-2017. Back then, there were not so many servide providers and I had to drive 30 kms to toll near Bangalore Airport to get ICICI Fastag from the ICICI person who had put up stall there.

I do have sporadic hassles

Usage Issues - not able to attribute if it is tag issue or tag service provider issue or toll gate hardware/connectivity issue:
1. Many toll booths sensors which are mounted high above are not able to read and need manual scan. This happens at 20% of the cases.
2. In initial days I got glitches like my tag is blacklisted and not having balance - when I had atleast INR 1000 top up done. On manual scan, it was fine

Recharge Issues:
1. There is separate url, separate login which I have to maintain and that is not liked to my account. So, it is not allowing auto debit even if I have ICICI account.
2. Hence, the unused money is jut lying idle.
3. Messages are sometimes delayed

Because of above, before any road trip, I have to consciously check fastag balance and top up as required.

So, I have mixed feelings of ICICI and would like to explore others when I get second car.
Old 1st April 2021, 13:01   #135
BHPian

Have been using 2 fasttags issued via PayTM, as lot of people mentioned due to app, it super convenient to recharge.

But recently while cancelling one of the Fasttags had a tough time with the callcenter to close it. Had to do multiple followups to make it happen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks