Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2007, 23:05   #1
kph
BHPian

A smart thief and a smooth theft

At the bullet garage where I go for vehicle service, on 7.3.2007, one well dressed gentleman appears looking for second hand bullet. One of the two mechanics present at that time informs him there is one for sale. The gentleman informs him that he knows the mechanic who is not present there and he has already informed him to come and check the vehicle anytime and would have been better if he was present. Mechanic said no issues, he will inform the vehicle owner and get the vehicle at the garage and he can have it inspected. The vehicle owner has been informed and before he brought the vehicle to the garage the gentleman made a good reputation for himself talking to the mechanic. He even said he is working in the SP office. He enquired about the garage owner who doesn’t work there anymore for health reasons. He was so generous to ask about his health and other business. Within a few minutes the vehicle owner appeared with the ‘for sale’ bike. The gentleman wanted a ride; anyone will want a ride before buying a bike. At around 12:00 noon gentleman took off from the garage with the bike for test ride. 10 min passed and the gentleman is not yet back. The only worry was if the vehicle had a breakdown or any accident happened to him… He doesn’t have the tel. no of anyone to call and inform. The mechanic and the vehicle owner went for a round and saw no clue of the gentleman and the bullet. Finally they are forced to believe what happened was a vehicle theft. (KRR 3369 has been stolen; if anyone sees this no. plate anywhere… you know what to do though that is a very distant possibility) Police has been informed and case registered. Later when enquired it was discovered that the same gentleman has approached a nearby vehicle garage also to enquire about ‘for sale’ bikes and they directed him to the bullet garage. He very smartly got all the information from them about the garage and the people associated. There wasn’t a reason for suspicion.
I met the mechanic a couple of hours back and no clue even after two days. He doesn’t have any hope now. What a smart way to steal a vehicle.
Old 9th March 2007, 23:23   #2
BHPian

True...a very smart way of stealing.

Reminds me of 1 incident where one of my friend was selling his house and a guy arrived, spoke to them very nicely and wanted to make a urgent call to his brother in Dubai to finalize the deal. He did not have a mobile phone and asked my friend for his phone stating that he will use his own SIM to make the international call. He made the call and during the call just moved outside for better reception and vanished with the phone.

Really can't do much about such incidents except in this case the owner should have insisted on coming along for the test drive.
Old 9th March 2007, 23:43   #3
BANNED

Oh my god!!
Something very easy to read but in real, It is very hard to go thru. Man!! I feel very sorry for the owner. KRR reg means the Bull was quiet old and should have been a very good maintained one.

Yesterday, somebody vanished off with a Merc from a nearby town here.

These CHORs are gaining more and more smartness I think.
Old 9th March 2007, 23:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

It was actually stupid of these guys to part with their bikes or phones. come on guys, how stupid can you get ! how do you trust someone whom you do not know with your bike. regarding the phone, if the guy wanted to make a call to dubai, the simplest way is to ask him to go to the nearest pay phone. these people deserved what they got. i am not supporting the thieves, but you got to be smart enough.
Old 10th March 2007, 00:07   #5
BHPian

well said esteem_lover the bike was worth stealing but i dont think anyone of us will be seeing a KRR 3369 cruising on the streets anytime soon

and i dont think anyone will give of their mobile by removing their simcards from it. sheeshhhh .... thats some bad luck
Old 10th March 2007, 08:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

Very unfortunate incident, that too an old bullet as mentioned by Zak!! Must be painful for the owner :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
how do you trust someone whom you do not know with your bike. regarding the phone,

A little common sense can go a long way.
Old 10th March 2007, 11:24   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Its a sign of the times that crime threads are becoming common here.
Old 10th March 2007, 12:04   #8
kph
BHPian

Some people won't learn quick. they will wait for an experience - a painful one- to learn.
i have a very careless friend who never bothered to take off keys from the bike. He learned only when the bike got stolen.
Old 10th March 2007, 15:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph View Post
Some people won't learn quick. they will wait for an experience - a painful one- to learn.
i have a very careless friend who never bothered to take off keys from the bike. He learned only when the bike got stolen.

Well with a pained heart I would like to say these harsh words regarding your careless and lazy friend...."he deserves it". Anyone who does not bother about these things and the unfortunate happens to them, well then they have no one to blame but themselves.
Old 10th March 2007, 22:26   #10
BHPian

Darn stupid and foolish on the part of the owners.

Interesting thought is whether the insurance covers these kind of robberies that are out of the owners negligence ?
Old 10th March 2007, 22:38   #11
kph
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Darn stupid and foolish on the part of the owners.

Interesting thought is whether the insurance covers these kind of robberies that are out of the owners negligence ?
Insurance?
No way.
it's almost 20- 30 years old classic. Full cover insurance for that!! No way... Gone is gone. Let them be happy to have a big lesson learnt.
Old 11th March 2007, 00:31   #12
Senior - BHPian

Well,this is what happened today to me. Went to South Indian Bank(Malleshwaram Branch) with dad and we parked our Honda Activa right in front of the bank,only to return and find the spare wheel missing .
Still wonder how is that the thief managed to get the spare wheel off without getting noticed.
Old 11th March 2007, 20:48   #13
BANNED

Very sad to hear about it. These days you can't trust anybody.
I'll keep an eye out for the KRR 3369. KRR is a kerala registration i guess.
Old 11th March 2007, 22:40   #14
kph
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Very sad to hear about it. These days you can't trust anybody.
I'll keep an eye out for the KRR 3369. KRR is a kerala registration i guess.
yes, kerala.
This happened at Thodupuzha.
Old 12th March 2007, 21:45   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph View Post
yes, kerala.
This happened at Thodupuzha.
I thought it happened here in Banglore..

Most Viewed