Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Cruise Control in India is:
Useful 513 61.88%
Useless 316 38.12%
Voters: 829. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2023, 12:07   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cruise Control in India - Useful or Useless?

I have used cruise control extensively in all my BLR-Pune-BLR drives till now but only in the KA section after my Harrier purchase (none of my previous cars had CC). In MH sections one can only dream of using the CC.

I find the CC feature very essential to relax the legs on the long drives. Plus the mileage achieved at a steady speed is an added bonus. Till date I have driven a max 60 kms on CC at a single stretch.
Old 1st October 2023, 12:38   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Cruise control is useful even over short distances. And it becomes even more useful with the huge number of speeding cameras around and the tendency to impose fine even for marginal deviations above the specified limit. With the Sea Link now having multiple cameras in each direction, I have started setting the car at 80 as soon as I enter the straight section and disabling it as I approach the toll. Much easier than trying to maintain a fixed speed manually. Suspect I will do this on future runs on the Expressway too.
Hayek is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 10:45   #228
BHPian

I'm writing this after using CC for the 1st time. CC is super useful in today's more powerful cars where you hear the 80 kmph chime and in seconds, you're at 120. As others have pointed out, the mileage gains are super (we get the best mileage at 80-100 (considering journey time) and constant speed further better that number).

But there's one more advantage/ fun factor involved. Often times, while overtaking trucks, taking curves and a lot of other instances, we let go of the A-pedal or break instinctively (say from 90 kmph to 70s). Doing these with CC at 90 has its own thrill (by keeping everyone's safety in mind though).

Its when you start appreciating CC that you realize a lot of cars on the roads aren't using it or don't have it. Perhaps, it would be interesting to see a new poll on the topic say by 2025.
Auto_guy_101 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 12:47   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Cruise control is useful even over short distances. And it becomes even more useful with the huge number of speeding cameras around and the tendency to impose fine even for marginal deviations above the specified limit. With the Sea Link now having multiple cameras in each direction, I have started setting the car at 80 as soon as I enter the straight section and disabling it as I approach the toll. Much easier than trying to maintain a fixed speed manually. Suspect I will do this on future runs on the Expressway too.
Same here. Have been using the CC on my regular runs on the Sea Link, immediately after entering from one end, till the time of exit from the other end. Have tried using CC on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, but except for a few short intervals, it becomes difficult to retain the car on CC for a longer duration, considering the kind of lane-cutting observed. Though, when I do late-night travel on this stretch and traffic is thin, I have enjoyed putting the car on CC; additionally enjoying the amazing FE figures achieved in the bargain!
Old 7th November 2023, 10:22   #230
BHPian

CC is a life saver (at least it has been for me) when you're doing long distance drives and you are the only driver. I have been using this extensively on my Blr-ccu, Blr- Delhi, Blr - MP/AP/MH/UP drives.
I was so disappointed to see that the x1Msport didn't come with cc whereas my Jetta had it, that it almost led me to not purchase that car even when it solved all the other requirements that I had! However, a little research made me realize that it was an easy retrofit and post purchase, installing the cc was the first mod that I did. I for one, cannot imagine driving a car now, without cc!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks