Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2020, 17:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ola commits Rs. 500 Cr. for safety of citizens & driver partners

As a part of its 'Ride Safe India' initiative, Ola has committed Rs. 500 crore to improve safety of citizens and driver partners during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Ola commits Rs. 500 Cr. for safety of citizens & driver partners-0.jpg

Ola has resumed operations in more than 200 cities across India. The company claims to have put in place safety, hygiene and cleanliness protocols to minimize the risk of infections.

Some of the initiatives include a newly designed COVID-ready app and hygiene and safety benchmark for vehicles. Ola claims to have set up over 500 fumigation centres across India at various hotspots and airports. All vehicles are fumigated every 48 hours. The vehicles are also routinely wiped down and sanitized by the drivers after every ride.

Ola commits Rs. 500 Cr. for safety of citizens & driver partners-1-2.jpg

Ola has introduced dedicated training and certification for its driver partners. The company is also carrying out daily temperature checks of driver partners. It is mandatory for drivers to weak masks at all times. The company keeps tab on whether the drivers are following the rules through its selfie authentication mechanism. The health of drivers is monitored through the Arogya Setu app.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 23:34   #2
BHPian

Re: Ola commits Rs. 500 Cr. for safety of citizens & driver partners

Won't be done, not possible. These are all marketing gimmicks, pity those who fall for these gimmicks.
Sran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 10:42   #3
BHPian

I also got email from Ola about the steps they are taking. This is not going to work and is only for bringing assurance to potential customers so they travel in Ola. Pretty sure that screen between driver and passengers won't be there and no driver is going to wear mask full till, only when he has to take selfie he will.
Old 14th June 2020, 12:51   #4

Marketing gimmick or whatever, I think these rules will be followed.

In Bangalore I have observed till now cab drivers are indeed following at least some of these. Most wear masks, and I have seen the screen in most of the cabs. These are observations only from outside (while driving my own car), and I have not ridden in one of these cabs recently, so maybe I don't have the full picture. But cabbies must be kind of desperate right now to get back in business, so they will want to avoid complaints and risk getting suspended or fined.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks