Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2007, 15:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Would have got my car's burglar alarm working by opening it with the key and and locking it immediately (not operating through remote) while moving away to a populated area so that the burglars run away on hearing the noise.
Wrong!

They could have mistaken you and actually would have come to help thinking Chor chor ki madat nahi karegaa to kaun karega?
Old 27th March 2007, 15:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Wrong!

They could have mistaken you and actually would have come to help thinking Chor chor ki madat nahi karegaa to kaun karega?
But you always have the original set of keys and copy of RC book inside to prove yourself. Since the crowd has gathered, the theives will need to move out of that place
Old 27th March 2007, 15:44   #18
BHPian

People should avoid leaving back there valuables in car, specially there laptops, Purses, Phones or even there Home Keys.
Even if you leave them, Please ensure that they are not visible from outside. These things also encourages thiefs to break into the car.
Old 27th March 2007, 17:19   #19
Team-BHP Support

If i remember right, in Dubai they even have a law against leaving behind valuables in the car.
Old 27th March 2007, 17:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
But you always have the original set of keys and copy of RC book inside to prove yourself. Since the crowd has gathered, the theives will need to move out of that place
Errmmm....that was supposed to be just a joke. Miserably failed one, I see!
Old 28th March 2007, 01:06   #21
Team-BHP Support

@RX buddy... no it was not a miserable joke... it was hilarious... haa haaa haaa... only that surprise did not pick up so much of hindi I guess... so I had some more to laugh reading his response.

@Surprise, what RX meant was that the thieves would have taken Suren to be another fellow car-lifter and would have come to help him thinking him to be a brother-in-arms who is having some problems on the job. haa haaa haaaaaa... needless to say people around would not have bothered at all.

Last edited by Zappo : 28th March 2007 at 01:08.
Old 29th March 2007, 10:50   #22
BHPian

In hyderabad the cops have a strict patrol regimen, they keep patrolling their jursdiction with occasional siren to make their presence felt.
And I thought WOW this is nice, but my awe was shortlived

Just picture this,
Its about 11 in the night and I was coming back from work, there is very crowded junction called Kothaguda where there is a bar and people hangout there pretty late. All of a sudden I hear a burgalar alarm and turn to look that its coming from a fiesta, and then I see this patrol jeep cruise by with out even stopping to find out what the commotion is about.
And the next thing I see some one screaming and the car being driven off.

I was on the other side of the median and by the time I took a U turn and reached the spot the guy screaming was chasing the car with a biker.

I did'nt stop by to enquire more because I have learnt the hard way that "Curiosity kills the cat"

So far for burglar alarms...
Old 29th March 2007, 11:04   #23
Team-BHP Support

I had mentioned the same earlier too...
Burglar alarms,or rather false alarms have become all too common, that people fail to even bother.

A lill off-topic :
As far as cops in Hyd are converned... I happened to be standing along with my friends and our bikes in front of the house i was staying in at Shantinagar Colony (Masab Tank) when cops on bikes were doing their rounds. They asked us what we were doing outside at 1AM and took down our names and details. For what, we dont know... maybe standard protocol? However, i still feel that cops in hyd are more vigilant than those here in Bangalore.. where all you see are mostly traffic cops.
Old 29th March 2007, 11:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

OT: Heh-heh, obviously these guys were idiots......no one in their right senses would steal an Ikon. I mean obviously they have no idea about high maintenance costs & zero resale value of the Ikons
(No offense to any Ikon owners, please)
Old 29th March 2007, 11:32   #25
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Zappo;400195only that surprise did not pick up so much of hindi I guess... [/quote]

You are right, Zappo. I wanted to post the same immeidately, but net got disconnected.
Old 29th March 2007, 15:10   #26
BHPian

Quote:
[A lill off-topic :
As far as cops in Hyd are converned... I happened to be standing along with my friends and our bikes in front of the house i was staying in at Shantinagar Colony (Masab Tank) when cops on bikes were doing their rounds. They asked us what we were doing outside at 1AM and took down our names and details.
OFF Topic

You are very right in your observation, they tend to pick the wrong people for questioning and try to see if they can make a quick buck.
They are so busy doing this that most of the real culprits getway.
Like in the incident I quoted
Old 29th March 2007, 16:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

offtopic:
@kiran / benbsb - yeah that is a common practice by the Hyderabad cops. they once stopped me near Madavpur Petrol Pump and asked for my id. the time was around 2.30AM. and i was walking back home (read P.G) with cousin (working with a IT firm) from Cyber Pearl. luckily i was carrying my ICFAI students' id and they let us go after questioning.

but talking about car thieves:

my dad's m800: the Pioneer HU and Pio speakers and the spare wheel along with the jack and the tool box were stolen. the car was parked right in front of our house. the driver's side door locks can be opened using any key even using the Fiat's key until recently. the lock was changed after that.

no comments about the Kolkata cops...they are famous for making "money" on duty.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 29th March 2007 at 16:13.
Old 29th March 2007, 16:14   #28
Team-BHP Support

Reminds me of my friend who forgot her wallet/purse in her M800 while she parked it at the basement parking at Prasads Imax (Hyderabad). Remembered later, but came back after the movie to find her wallet missing, along with all credit cards, original licence and so on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks