Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2020, 18:51   #46
BHPian

Re: Zoom Car Fraud: Not returning deposits & not facilitating refunds

Bumping up this thread. Have faced refund issue for the 2nd time in 3 months. First time I followed up closely with them, but Zoomcar did not issue a refund on their own. Then I filed a chargeback request with my credit card company, which helped probably (I'm not sure as card company didn't reply back, I proactively called them back to close the dispute). This first one was booking totally cancelled by Zoomcar, 1 day before trip. About 8k.

Second time, it was a "fuel refund" issue, amount was approx 500, so I didn't follow up closely. It's now 3 months+ since then and I can't even raise a credit card dispute, there's a time limit of 60 days for most cases.
dsr001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 15:06   #47
BHPian

I booked a Zoomcar on 13th Feb for a trip in June 2020. I cancelled the booking in May 2020 for obvious reasons.

It has been SEVEN long months and the refund hasn't been processed. Zoomcar is giving me the same replies over and over again.

I have now initiated the following actions:
- Raised a dispute with HDFC on the transaction on the grounds that the service was canceled but the refund hasn't been processed
- Raised a complaint on the consumer court
- Raised a complaint with Delhi Police cyber cell

Let's see how Zoomcar approaches this now.
sdaityari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 09:51   #48
BHPian

Zoomcar has gone to the dogs. There are 100s of refund issues including mine (pending for over 6 months).

Company has no money and has shut down most car rental centers as well.

PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK YOUR MONEY WITH THEM.

Zoomcar is reacting very poorly. They have removed all options from their IVR to contact them unless you have an active booking with them and punch in that number in IVR. Emails go unanswered.

On rare occasion when you manage to connect with them, the customer care executive will blatantly lie in your face and say refund will be done in 24 hours. I have been promised refund over 10 times now (I have recordings).

If you escalate on social media you get a scripted reply and they have bought paid accounts on social media to flood their pages with good comments to dilute the escalations.

Really shameful for such a promising startup. I must have given a few lakhs of business to them, being treated this way is hurful.

If any one has any contact in Zoomcar, pls share.

Cheers
vishwaschettri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 10:05   #49
BHPian

It's a sorry state of affairs. Here's just a glimpse of their "customer oriented nature" on Instagram, if you're still feeling dubious. I know many people don't yet think this is true, so this is for the non-believers that frequent the forum.

Zoom Car Fraud: Not returning deposits & not facilitating refunds-20210103_095958.jpg

Zoom Car Fraud: Not returning deposits & not facilitating refunds-20210103_100009.jpg

Zoom Car Fraud: Not returning deposits & not facilitating refunds-20210103_100044.jpg

Zoom Car Fraud: Not returning deposits & not facilitating refunds-20210103_100033.jpg

Zoom Car Fraud: Not returning deposits & not facilitating refunds-20210103_100106.jpg

Zoom Car Fraud: Not returning deposits & not facilitating refunds-20210103_100119.jpg

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 3rd January 2021 at 10:07.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 10:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

One more business model biting the dust, aggravated by the Covid situation? Or is it just ZoomCar?

Had just one occasion to book a self drive rental, that too from Revv and a few years back.

Having my own transport does work out costlier on the pocket, but easier on the mind / headaches front.
Old 14th January 2021, 10:29   #51
BHPian

One more:

JithinR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 20:57   #52
BHPian

A good update from my side, got a message saying the refund is ready and can be transferred to my account using bank transfer / UPI. My refund was about 11k.

Completed the formalities and got the money in my account immediately. I had cancelled my trip in Feb 2020 so it took almost 13 months for them to figure it out. Good luck to the zoom car team!
turbowhistle is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 12:48   #53
BHPian

I was supposed to get a refund of Rs 1000 (for fuel expenses) for my trip in July 2020. Since I always had a good experience in the past, I had forgotten about this pending refund and started following up only 1-2 months after. Tried the support option on the app multiple times but got no response.

Finally last night I tweeted about the pending refund and within a few hours got a link to claim my refund, got the amount credited through UPI instantly.
Old 3rd August 2021, 12:08   #54
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Hello everyone!

Any update on the pending refunds?
I intend to visit Mangalore/Udupi during December and some options I see:

1. Crysta from Revv - Reasonable rates and kms
2. Hexa from Zoomcar - Refund issues still present/last moment car switch-up horror stories? But the best price here
3. Hype - Grossly overpriced and the deposit requirements and kms are insane

So, how should I go about it?
Old 10th December 2022, 20:23   #55
BHPian

Forget refunds, they will ask you to pay up for some other customer's damages or their own damages. I as a student had rented a Figo from them some time ago. After a good first time experience, the 2nd time was in a rush to go for a placement session. Made the mistake of not checking the spare tyre. Just around the car to check if there was anything broken/dents etc. When I return it back, there he opens the boot and shows me a fully damaged rim and tyre! I returned the car and came back and had a 100 notices about not paying the amount for the damage that "I committed". Also note that they will handover the car to you in a dim lit parking lot of a mall so that minor dents or paint chipoffs can't be noticed. This is at the Garuda Swagath mall in Tilak Nagar, Bengaluru

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks