Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2020, 23:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Brilliant Idea! Using two sheets of plastic to slide a car out of a sticky situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis View Post
In my apartment parking also, my Civic just about fits in. I normally park it going ahead (not by reversing). I enjoy it when I have to take it out by reversing, doing around 3-4 times back and forth. Give a feel of accomplishment and confidence .
Better you get rid of that habit. The main reason reverse & park is encouraged is because, in case of an emergency, it makes it easier to take out the car and drive off. A few extra minutes to park properly at the end of the day will be worth it.
Jaguar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 18:22   #17
BHPian

Re: Brilliant Idea! Using two sheets of plastic to slide a car out of a sticky situation

Definitely widen the gate buddy. In the long run you might end up spending more money repainting your car as compared to what it would cost to widen the gate a bit. If space is tight to have a long gate, you can go for gates with 4 or more sections/ folds.
anoopGTkrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 17:47   #18
BHPian

You could also tie a rope around the rear tow hook and pull laterally
Old 20th November 2020, 18:41   #19
BHPian

No offense but it's just a matter of experience. Now you've learnt how not to approach the gate. As others suggested you could try reverse to get in. Or better yet try the below approach in red, I always do this if I find a tight spot. You'd be surprised how easy it becomes to get in.

Drive towards the pillar of the gate first, then reverse your car by turning your steering counter clockwise and then try to go through the gate. By this way, you're basically aligning your car straight to the gate.

Nevertheless, the idea you mentioned was simply great. Even though it is a small jugaad work, it certainly did the job.
Attached Thumbnails
Brilliant Idea! Using two sheets of plastic to slide a car out of a sticky situation-polish_20201120_183458416.jpg  

logicalidiot is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks