Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2020, 19:30   #61
BHPian

Re: Widespread traffic police checking in Bangalore

Was stopped by the many posted cops all over CBD in their high visibility jackets.

Thankfully had just renewed emissions (which was asked for).

Car was not tinted. (finger nail check)

Plates were IND plates, however the front was the smaller size. Was asked to change to a larger plate. Thankfully no fine. Was also told that it has to be four digits so 'zero' to be added to ensure license plate has 4 digits.

This is a real nuisance costing people time and the burden of roadside harassment when they should actually be cracking down on a myriad of more serious offenders.
Ash_vtec is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 10:14   #62
Senior - BHPian

Related news: Bengaluru: 1 lakh traffic violations fetches cops Rs 4.4 cr in fines in a week

Quote:
In a crackdown on erring motorists, city traffic police have registered over one lakh violation cases and collected more than Rs 4.4 crore fine in a week.

Joint Commissioner of Police (Traffic) BR Ravikanthe Gowda said the special drive was conducted between October 11 and 17. Police observed that city motorists lacking lane discipline are posing a danger to road safety.

Out of the 1,06,907 cases, 54,549 were against riders and co-passengers on the pillion without helmets. Other major violations included signal jumping (12,552) and failure to wear seatbelts (6,127). In all, motorists were booked for 80 different violations, Gowda added.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 10:20   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite active they are:

https://www.deccanherald.com/city/to...gs-904859.html

Police book Indiranagar residents for planting saplings

"A citizens’ group in Indiranagar, which took up afforestation in association with the BBMP at a time when governmental agencies have been destroying Bengaluru’s greenery, learnt to their shock that police have registered an FIR for their work."

"When members of I Change Indiranagar took up the drive to plant trees on 100 Feet Road on October 2, the local MLA, S Raghu, took part in the event. The next day, they found to their shock that Indiranagar police booked them for digging pits to plant the saplings!"
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 10:07   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Atithi Devo Bhava

Bangalore Traffic Police are coming to your homes to recover traffic fines.

Quote:
Traffic cops are going from house to house collecting fines from repeat offenders. There’s Rs 150 crore pending in challans and the men in white and khaki won’t listen to any excuses
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 18:52   #65
Senior - BHPian

Captured by dashcam yesterday at ORR, Nagavara. They were mainly focusing on two wheeler.
Attached Thumbnails
Widespread traffic police checking in Bangalore-2020_1023_122838_007.jpg  

Old 25th October 2020, 11:42   #66
BHPian

I have ventured into the city to run a few errands and have driven for probably 25 km to and fro. I think I have seen at least 22 police checkpoints on the way. My observations are as follows
  • Primary focus seems to be on bikes, Cars are relatively less stopped
  • Helmet for pillion seems to be the major cause for stopping bikes. Since the checkpoints have moved from main roads to bylanes, please wear your helmet if you're stepping out of the house. This shouldn't be the primary reason why you need to wear a helmet but if you're one of those who didn't wear a helmet earlier for a quick errand within the locality, then please do now.
  • Fancy numberplates with fancy fonts is another primary reason for being stopped
  • Out of state registered vehicles are stopped.
  • Fancy LED lights (Primarily Enfield Owners) are stopped. I was stopped for a LED light on a Honda CB300R and had to convince the cop that it wasn't an aftermarket fitment
  • Enfields were also stopped for loud exhausts. I have seen a few folks with older models and stock exhausts being fined. The cops aren't really listening to what we have to say. They're doing the challan process before you can speak a sentence.
  • Check your pollution certificates. Most of the people were fined for this as their pollution certificate expired recently and they weren't aware till the cop had asked for it.

That's all from me and hope it helps someone
adityak7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 20:05   #67
BHPian

Not a single cop today between Electronic City and Indiranagar! Must be a pious group of cops !
mvadg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 22:48   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Not a single cop today between Electronic City and Indiranagar!
I have also noticed the same. Today I did not see any cops in usual check points. Some two wheeler riders had a field day today
Old 26th October 2020, 00:24   #69
BHPian

Isn't PUC come under the list of documents whose validity has been extended to 31st Dec 2020? I assumed as such.

Govt circular LINK
fordday is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 20:04   #70
Senior - BHPian

Bikers doing stunts or with modified silencer are going to pay hefty fine if they are caught second time - news.

Quote:
The Bengaluru city police is getting tough on bikers performing wheelies and tampering with their silencers.

First-time offenders will now have to submit an undertaking before the jurisdictional Deputy Commissioners of Police, along with a bond under Section 107 of the CrPC (Code of Criminal Procedure).

If they are caught again for the same offence, it will enable the police to slap a fine of ₹50,000 against those using defective silencers, and ₹2 lakh against those performing wheelstands and other stunts.

Last edited by airbus : 27th October 2020 at 20:12.
Old 27th October 2020, 21:37   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I have also noticed the same. Today I did not see any cops in usual check points. Some two wheeler riders had a field day today
No where in the city centre. Combination of pooja leave and RR nagar election duty
Old 28th October 2020, 07:20   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Unambiguous mask mandate now from BBMP. Beware even if alone in the car.
Old 28th October 2020, 08:55   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Unambiguous mask mandate now from BBMP. Beware even if alone in the car.
Why bother with motorists, the Marshalls can have a field day in Cubbon Park, families and gatherings in the park with no mask in sight!
Old 28th October 2020, 10:32   #74
BHPian

I think it's high time that cops need to step up in Bangalore. They were/are pretty lenient when comes to traffic rule implementation compared to the neighboring state. NO ONE wears a helmet/ seatbelt while driving and rules are being flaunted by motorists without any guilt. Maybe this rampant checking might stop such practices.

If one has followed all the rules and regulations why does he have to worry about cops checking documents?
Old 28th October 2020, 11:25   #75
BHPian

I am yet to get my head around the PUC certificate, why someone who is driving a BSIV petrol car should get a dubious certificate every six months or so, just to keep cops happy.
Any vehicle which is allowed to sell in India, must have pollution levels assessed and certified before vehicle reaches showrooms.

Once government registers a vehicle, it has allowed it to ply for first 15 years on road. Why this six monthly check of PUC? Does it help anyone other than people issuing PUC and cops checking it? Has anyone even been barred from running a vehicle due to high pollution?

Or it's another tick in the box for govt following the motto "how can I make life more miserable for mango people".

Last edited by Acharya : 28th October 2020 at 11:47.
Acharya is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks