Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2020, 07:56   #46
BANNED

Re: Driving an MH-registered car in Delhi?

It’s not just in Delhi, but anywhere in North India; be is DL, UP, HR, PB, HP, RJ, JK or UK, the cops here are much more accommodating, and don’t suffer with this ‘harassing habit’, like we get to see in other states.

So, simply bring the car and keep driving. Until you break any rule or something else; the cops won’t bother you at all. Delhi is the central seat of power, and the city is filled with bureaucrats, officials, and even visitors also from multiple states, here the cops are more focused on the rule breakers instead of harassing people for driving a vehicle registered somewhere else.

Last edited by VKumar : 25th October 2020 at 08:17.
VKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 02:38   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty.Nishy View Post
Requesting fellow BHPians for their guidance, for fellow members like me.
Go ahead and move your car here without a second thought. Being brought up in Delhi, I’ve always wondered why people bother for this. No one cares in Delhi and being a city full of immigrants, you see every state registration vehicle plying on roads. My friend has been using CH & PB registered vehicles for last 8 years and has never been questioned once. And this is someone who has had alot of trouble with traffic cops.
My family has used a Bajaj Chetak for almost 10 years in Delhi which was MP registered.

Don’t worry about it one bit. And in Delhi, it is common practice to actually register vehicles in other states like UK, HP, CH, HR to get some cost benefits. I myself own a HR registered vehicle and never faced trouble.
Schneller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 03:37   #48
BHPian

I have personally owned atleast 2 cars registered in WB for about 4 years which I used for my regular office commute from Gurgaon to Delhi and was never stopped for driving a vehicle from a different State. Further, I know of my friends and relatives driving cars with registration from KL, UP (beyond Noida) and MH amongst others for several years without any issue. As long as the registration is valid for 10 years (Diesel) and 15 years (Petrol), you should be good.
jbpanda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 19:18   #49
BHPian

Drove a CH registered Scorpio in Delhi for 4 years without being pulled over once.
Go for it!

Last edited by Aditya : 26th October 2020 at 19:42. Reason: Typo
Sanjivvohra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 09:32   #50
BHPian

I am from Delhi and live in Bangalore. Due to lockdown and work from home things I have come back to Delhi for sometime. I have been driving my DL vehicle in Bangalore and can understand the ordeal here.

Coming to the question of driving another state vehicle in Delhi -ncr, I have seen multiple KA, JH,KL,TN,AP vehicles and never heard anyone has any problem due to their registration number. I have friends who bought their cars from Bangalore -KA and have been driving on Delhi roads since 5-8 years, no issue faced yet. So this should help you in your further decision making process.
Old 4th January 2021, 10:34   #51
BHPian

Delhi being the NCT, sees a lot of out of state vehicles plying on the road and it is, I believe, for this reason there is no issue of out of state vehicles.I myself have been using my UK registered vehicles for over 10 years in Delhi and have not faced any issue.

Only problem that occured was, if the documents for any reason are seized( DL/RC) for traffic violations, they are sent to native RTO for processing. Wth the advent of Digital documents, that issue is not present anymore. I always present e-documents using mParivahan app.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks