Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2007, 19:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetik View Post
i had one such incident where the cop stopped our petrol mondeo and insisted we pay a fine for air pollution ( we had a valid PUC ) , as he saw "black smoke" from the exhaust... black exhaust from a petrol car ! , only on our persistence to give his black smoke theory in writing did he let us go withour paying him anything , pathetic , the problem is they try to justify taking money by accusing you falsely, just ask for 50 bucks man i wouldnt mind giving it to you, dont make up crap theories thats irritating
50 bucks thats way cheap if you compare up north once my friend gave 400 buck because he had black film later on the police wala was caught taking bribes
Old 7th April 2007, 19:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
This is the only way you can survive in this country. We should try to make it more liveable. Not everyone will have access to IGP and DGP.
you said in bro its the only way to scare of these cops god save the common man
Old 7th April 2007, 19:38   #33
BHPian

Well guys there is a human side of these things. Don't know much abut Delhi, but Hyd cops seem to be the most overworked and wretched lot. I wish these guys think of an alternate career than resorting to corruption if in trouble.

One of my colleagues was caught using mobile while driving. The cop stopped us saying its not legal. The colleague said gimme chalan and I'll pay. The COP says sir I have been standing in hot sun from morning why don't you gimme 50 bucks and go away, thats what my colleague did. I witnessed this from front passenger seat.
Old 7th April 2007, 20:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
Well guys there is a human side of these things. Don't know much abut Delhi, but Hyd cops seem to be the most overworked and wretched lot. I wish these guys think of an alternate career than resorting to corruption if in trouble.

One of my colleagues was caught using mobile while driving. The cop stopped us saying its not legal. The colleague said gimme chalan and I'll pay. The COP says sir I have been standing in hot sun from morning why don't you gimme 50 bucks and go away, thats what my colleague did. I witnessed this from front passenger seat.
yes man we also have to see the other side of the story to

these people work so much stand under the hot sun and in the cold winter nights for just 5000 or so buck

government should do something to help them even a taxi wala is making more than what these cops make

but they don't have a right to ask money from us we pay our taxes and they do get paid
Old 7th April 2007, 21:29   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post

Sreenivass, In this case, your friend did something wrong, and atleast to some extent, he paid a penalty. But in other cases, people are being harrassed even though they have not done anything wrong.

Cheers
Old 7th April 2007, 21:47   #36
BHPian

Yup got the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Sreenivass, In this case, your friend did something wrong, and atleast to some extent, he paid a penalty. But in other cases, people are being harassed even though they have not done anything wrong.

Cheers
Yes I agree. It is the same even in Govt offices. One can not get any thing by being straight forward. How many of us aware that there is a little bribr paid at RTA for our car registrations ? There is nothing wrong trying to own a vehicle, we still payup.

By no means I am supporting them, I wish they had an alternate choice of career so they switch once it does not workout. But the system gets them used to corruption through political nexus and weak minded uneducated people. It is not merely police, it is every where. Toilets at public places always overcharge, auto fellows always tamper with meters, city bus conductors never give back change, ..... Who ever has a chance is looting public, that is the state of our society. Both the law enforcement and most of the public are alike. Only a few educated people seem to be fighting and seeking change.
Old 7th April 2007, 23:45   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I purchased my car 2 yrs back in bangalore, and it doesnt have any photo.
Sorry, I should have been more precise. The new ones have. Got new car registered in Jan. It has a photo right on the first page. Indiranagar RTO.

Chennai has been having it for sometime. 2001 RC has it. Am not sure about some of the smaller towns. Maybe that's why the cop was asking for a photo.
Old 8th April 2007, 00:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

I have strict instructions from my DAD not to give any documents to the cops and not to show them until and unless they give a reason why they are checking. Just a week ago there was a "Naka" cops stopped me and they tried their @$$ for to find a single infraction. At the end asked for papers showed them coz i had no infraction but stupid cops must have got pissed they didn't asked for liscence (i don't have one). I think its time to get one now...
Old 8th April 2007, 10:56   #39
kph
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Kph u seem to land in trouble lot of times on ur trip to kerala. Last time i guess u had a bad time when u were travelling on ur BULL
oh ya, try to keep away from troubles, but sometimes it comes your way... what to do.
Last time it is fine, (that too was in TN- Perunthurai) those cops were not retarded like this one.
They even wished the biker good luck and safe ride in the end.
See the story here
Old 8th April 2007, 18:14   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
You should have asked for his id card. How can he prove that he is a cop ?
dude try that and then see. . unless you have genuine contacts. . these 'traffic' cops can make life hell very quickly.
Old 8th April 2007, 22:29   #41
BHPian

This should go to the newspapers man
Old 9th April 2007, 10:31   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Why on earth should an RC book have a picture of the owner??? And why cant I drive my brother's car around, for instance?
Proof of identity is required for all registrations since 2003 (at least) in Tamilnadu. Buying a new car requires you to submit 4 photographs along with a copy of a Government ID (like PAN, Voter's ID, etc.). This is apart from the proof of address.

Apparently, there had been a spate of fake registrations before this rule was implemented. And all the cars had been used for illegal activities. Certain dealerships in Chennai have been shut down after they failed to adhere to the photo rule. You will find that dealers in Chennai also never deliver a car without registration for the same reason.

Again, TN has a rule that the owner must permit others to drive his/her car. This is not strictly enforced but can be insisted on.
Old 9th April 2007, 11:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai is good! I dont think they need the pic of the owner in the RC book
Old 9th April 2007, 14:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

well, somtimes cops can stoop low, but sometimes, we expect them to do just that. I ran into trouble in pondy, i jumped a light, and waited, cause i did not know where to go. That cop came adn asked me to go all over town cause he was rather pissed. I wonder if things will ever change. We are always willing to spend the extra rupee, to get out of a sticky situation, but we never think about what puts us there in the first place.
Old 9th April 2007, 15:38   #45
Senior - BHPian

Well, i have seen cops asking money for Tea, coffee even if you have all the possible documents with you!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks