Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2020, 18:22   #46
BHPian

Re: Have you ever spotted your ex-car? What was your reaction?

Indeed I searched for my old cars often on e-challan portal and to my horror I found the new owners violating the traffic rules and had multiple challans.

It really feels bad and I downloaded the pictures from e-challan portal being nostalgic.
RaceHorse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 18:39   #47
BHPian

One day, while I was walking back home from tuition I happened to come across our ex-car, a 2007 Maruti Alto. It was the first car in my family. The car had been involved in an accident once and after that it was never the same. Often, it wouldn't start and frequent engine stall had become a bad issue. In addition to this the under-body had begun rusting and the silencer had gone bust but visually it still looked good. It had been 9 yrs and 60k kms old when it was sold. I used to coerce my dad to upgrade to a better car back then but a few months after selling it off, somehow I missed the car in spite of all the problems it had.

I was super delighted to see the Alto again.The car looked the same like it was at the time of being sold albeit with a few dents and scratches. Co-incidentally, I saw the car again a few weeks later,that too at the same spot but on both occasions I could not take a pic as I didn't have a phone back then. :(

Last edited by aah78 : 4th December 2020 at 18:47. Reason: Typos, spacing fixed.
Old 4th December 2020, 20:44   #48
BHPian

Haven't sold my first car yet and don't plan to, anytime soon. I am the kind of person who gets attached to things. This thread made me look for my first bike which I sold a few years back, after spending 11 years with it. It was the first big thing I bought from my own money and took very good care of it. Since I was very rarely using it and lack of parking space made me sell it.

I have not spotted her personally yet. But today, I got a glimpse of her in the Maharashtra e-challan website. While I never had a single challan, this guy already has 8 challans on the bike for all kinds of traffic rule violations.
Old 4th December 2020, 21:37   #49
Senior - BHPian

I saw my ex-car Hyundai Santro Xing at Muthoot GK, Delhi headoffice around a year of sale. A doctor in hinterland had bought the same, as it had CNG installed, & it was working flawlessly as per him (nearing 150k kms on the odo).
Old 4th December 2020, 21:49   #50
BHPian

I sold my 2002 Zen MPFI LX , done 90K Kms in 2017. I saw it just the once around my place and I realized I miss it. Its not great interms of upkeep, but it was a keeper and supremely reliable and had a charm of its own.
Old 4th December 2020, 21:50   #51
BHPian

I haven't sold a car yet but i did sold my pulsar 180 ug4 which i had got from my parents in 2010, i was in 11th standard at that time, not even 18! Call it my parents foolishness or their trust in me as i used to ride activa very carefully, but somehow i got the bike.

It was my first bike and i used to keep her tip top, all services on time, motul fully synthetic oil used, had always used good quality tyres(R15v2 tyres) But after 9 years the itch for a powerful bike started and i sold it off and got continental gt 650.

After some months i saw my bike and i recognised it instantly, as i had removed the plastic mudguard of the bike and installed the pulsar 200ns cool aluminium one and the registration plate was RJ14 "BC"

The bike was looking good but the owner had removed the rear view mirrors which i used to cherish so much, as I had installed the pulsar 135 ones, they had sharper ends and used to look cool, as compared to the ones which came with the bike.

It brought back all the memories of the last 9 years, the rides, the dates, college memories, the repairs i used to carry myself, but i am happy that it's being ridden, because in no way i could have used two bikes at the same time properly. In front of the Gt the pulsar would have definitely been neglected.

Before giving it to the new owner, i washed the bike, put polish on it and filled in new engine oil. These pictures are from the last day. The new owner has started calling me with the maintenance queries nowadays so yeah i get know of her well being regularly.
Attached Thumbnails
Have you ever spotted your ex-car? What was your reaction?-img_20190927_163011.jpg  

Have you ever spotted your ex-car? What was your reaction?-img_20190927_172941.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 22:52   #52
BHPian

Back in early 2019 while returning from City Centre Mall in Hyderabad my 4 year old son spotted our previous car the Punto Sport. It was not maintained at all and had major dents and rust formation on front fender. I was really heartbroken.
Have you ever spotted your ex-car? What was your reaction?-screenshot_20201204221733.jpg

However the ex's ex was sold off to a childhood friend of mine and it's in a relatively better shape.
Have you ever spotted your ex-car? What was your reaction?-screenshot_20201204223806.jpg

I had spotted my Father's Lambretta, Bajaj Super, Bajaj Boxer CT Deluxe few time back in my place at Asansol, however they always bring back fond memories. Getting close to them just hurts.

That's the reason I have never sold off bikes I have owned and hope to maintain that formula. Presently ride an Interceptor 650 at Hyderabad but I plan to maintain and keep the Discover and Karima as long as possible.
Have you ever spotted your ex-car? What was your reaction?-fb_img_1607102697961.jpg

Last edited by ARAY : 4th December 2020 at 22:56.
ARAY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 08:15   #53
BHPian

Not a car, but miss my older Ninja 650 (2013 version) like a phantom limb. Had it for slightly below 4 years and covered around 80K kms across the length of the country from Leh to Kerala. Sold it because I started to yearn for something more powerful and got a N1000.

Sold it to someone through OLX and that person was pretty much the only guy I used to wish a Happy New Year & Diwali to. Turns out he was scared of the power and sold it off to someone in Nashik. Used the Parivahan to track him and stalk this guys FB (only reason I have a FB account yet) to see pics of my bike.

Sad to say, this bike is now being used as props to photoshoots, and figuratively speaking has its shuriken's firmly hidden. Tried contacting the owner if he would sell it back to me, but no luck yet!
Attached Thumbnails
Have you ever spotted your ex-car? What was your reaction?-img_20150910_103934179.jpg  

Sandy Damodaran is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 08:58   #54
Senior - BHPian

IIRC ~1996 we had a Premier 118NE. It was the car in which my brother learnt driving (and I learnt how to control the clutch pedal) in ~2000/01.

My dad wanted to sell it off ~2001 for ₹65K as he liked the Matiz, but back then as a 12yo kid, I pleaded stubbornly against it. He sold it to a close friend a year later for just 25K.

I got to see it a few times since, the condition was good but the charm had worn off. Maybe my dad sensed that about the car before I could. My fond memories gave me mixed feelings about it. So, I guess it was important to learn to outgrow some things and take steps at the right time.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 5th December 2020 at 09:41. Reason: As requested
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 10:02   #55

My first car was a 2001 nissan primera 2.0 which I had bought on my own as a 19 year old in Finland. I later moved on to a Volkswagen golf but my old car was destroyed. Was very sad to see that happen.
Attached Thumbnails
Have you ever spotted your ex-car? What was your reaction?-20200818_203205.jpg  

Have you ever spotted your ex-car? What was your reaction?-20201005_093158.jpg  

Old 5th December 2020, 10:08   #56
BHPian

1) Our i10 that we sold off in April last year is running about registered under the Yelahanka RTO according to the RTO app. Haven't seen it really, don't miss it to much to be very frank.

2) Our more than a decade-and-a-half old Ford iKon is apparently still running around with its 4th owner yet (I came to know after looking at a photograph of the car with the plate partially hidden and then guessing the last number and trying them out on the RTO app). I have caught a glimpse of an Oyster Silver 1.6 ZXI whose plates resembled ours. Of course, it may very well be a case of mistaken identity and I saw this car a few years back from the school bus I was traveling in. This was somewhere around the Indiranagar - Cambridge layout area. We had another iKon too but I can't remember the plate number and probably the only pics dad ever took of that car were during this accident (if he even has those images still).

3) Our Wego was sold to a TVS salesman himself but without the transfer of ownership done. This caused a huge pain in the neck over the last two years when we were receiving multiple violations for violating traffic rules when clearly it was the person the guy sold it to who was behind it all.

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 5th December 2020 at 10:10.
Old 5th December 2020, 19:14   #57

Your thread made me nostalgic!

Believe me , even my first own bought car was a Zen Estilo (Red) Lxi.
I bought it in 2011 from a relative and have many fond memories of bachelorhood associated with it.
Have you ever spotted your ex-car? What was your reaction?-unnamed.jpg
(The day we departed ways!)

I sold it in 2017 but even today when I see a Red Estilo in Pune, I check it's number plate even though I know that my Estilo was resold to someone in Nashik.
Coming to your original question , Yes I have spotted our first owned family car, a Maruti 800 many times as the new owner lives in the same locality and each time I see it, I feel sorry because of the way it's currently being maintained by the new owner.
The though of buying it back has come across many times but due to limited parking space and other impracticalities never materialized the thought.
Old 6th December 2020, 10:15   #58
BHPian

I spotted an ex-car at a local garage. I later came across a picture of it at another garage.

Name:  jetta.png
Views: 592
Size:  653.3 KB

No, no. No the RS5! That silver Jetta lurking in the background there.

It seems to have moved on to better company since parting with us.
TheGearBox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 08:23   #59
BANNED

I am not sure if it fits the thread, but I once spotted a duplicate car, well almost... Me n my dad were on a traffic signal in Delhi driving in a ford Ikon, in front of us was a car same model and same colour, no big deal, when I saw the number plate it had last four digits same, it was a little surprising, my car had number 0080, its not every day this number is seen on license plates, when I checked the full plate it had the same number as on our car and it was a shocker . On closer look only I found, our car had 15H and the car in front had 15F, rest was same.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th December 2020 at 09:20. Reason: Typo
DhruvGupt@ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 22:40   #60
BHPian

First need to confess that this sighting was not done by me, but by my very good friend and bhpian (don't remember his handle now) in Dharwad. Saw that the classy gotbhp sticker was replaced with Yo-Yo man.

My Alto before I sold it:

Have you ever spotted your ex-car? What was your reaction?-got-bhp-alto.jpg

After selling it:

Have you ever spotted your ex-car? What was your reaction?-alto-sighting.jpg

Another weird thing that happened with this ex-car of mine. Once police came searching for me as a complaint was lodged by a petrol bunk owner in Karwar that this car got petrol filled to the brim, then fought and abused the petrol bunk attendant and fled without paying. Even on showing the present owners name in Vahan site (which of course was not me), the police went off from my home with question marks on their head. I then realized why Cars24 advertises RC transfer so much.

The other sighting is of Getz, which was the first car purchased in our family. It is now in Bangalore, but visits our town almost twice a year, and will be in the apartment of our in-laws. It is satisfying to see no Yo-Yo or Mega-Rebel-Golden-Rowdy star on it.

Our first family car - Getz and my present car - Baleno

Have you ever spotted your ex-car? What was your reaction?-getz-baleno.jpg

And yes, I have now got rid of that additional B A L E N O sticker.

Last edited by five46 : 14th December 2020 at 23:02. Reason: Typos

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks