Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2021, 15:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

SainikPod Sit & Go rolls out Electric Nano cabs in Bangalore

Motherpod Innovations Pvt. Ltd. has launched India's first ex-servicemen managed all-electric cab service called SainikPod Sit & Go in Bangalore.

SainikPod Sit & Go rolls out Electric Nano cabs in Bangalore-sainik.jpg

SainikPod Sit & Go is an app-free mobility service aimed at those who find app-based ride-hailing services cumbersome and time-consuming.

The service uses all-electric Nanos built by Electra EV. The cars are equipped with a rooftop indicator. All one needs to do is flag down a car with a green rooftop indicator. To start the ride, the passenger has to give a missed call to a number provided in the vehicle.

SainikPod Sit & Go claims to offer a safer riding experience for passengers, healthier and pollution-free rides and follows stringent sanitisation protocols.

The cars are fitted with an acrylic partition, Smart Meter to help track the vehicle, a Panic Button and Speed Governor.

Motherpod plans to set up a network of charging stations for its fleet of electric Nano cabs. Currently, the cars can travel up to 120 km on a single charge.
TusharK is online now   (25) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 15:35   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SainikPod Sit & Go rolls out Electric Nano cabs in Bangalore

I did come across one of these but yet-to-be-registered cars in Bangalore about 8-10 days back. Could not read the Sainikpod part, but the Sit-and-Go was clearly visible. Waiting for this service to come up and expand.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 15:52   #3
BHPian

Maybe tata will notice them and launch a Nano ev in the future? With a 100 km range and price close to 5-6 lakh people might buy them considering petrol is about to hit a century.
yesyeswe is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 16:42   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

The service uses all-electric Nanos built by Electra EV. The cars are equipped with a rooftop indicator. All one needs to do is flag down a car with a green rooftop indicator. To start the ride, the passenger has to give a missed call to a number provided in the vehicle.
But doesn't that mean, they have to be roaming around all the time? Will that not be simply wasting range if they don't get any rides?

With just a 100km range that would mean, it will quickly run out of juice and need to be charged frequently or will have to be within a oarticular radius to avoid running out of charge before returning back.

Uber guys have the option to find a good spot and just sit around till the next ride gets allotted
ZenMaster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 18:23   #5
BANNED

In this day and age, there should the option of a app based calling also.
This will really expand its reach and versatility.

This is a good start.
Old 27th January 2021, 21:13   #6
BHPian

I feel after a point things start moving backwards ie they start moving towards basics. I still remember booking can through Meru or Easycab wasn't difficult at all and all the rates were fixed and transparent. This is unlike the current scenario where most of the drivers are unhappy with Ola and Uber and crib about the unfair compensation they get. I remember a taxi driver telling me how he prefers app free on spot taxi services rather than app based ones, where the driver is benefitted by picketing entire ride money instead of parting away with a sizable portion towards Ola or Uber.
Storm2.0 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 05:30   #7
BHPian

For commuting 120Km range looks fine.

The case is different for a taxi service. The cab has to be driven through out the day if this service is a success.
For that 120 Km range is not insufficient.

Else , there should be option for fast charging.

Last edited by arunrajk81 : 28th January 2021 at 05:33. Reason: spell check
Old 28th January 2021, 09:15   #8
BHPian

Electra EV is associated with the powertrain for the Tigor EV and Sir Ratan Tata has also invested in the company. It made the first electric Nano prototypes.

https://www.autocarpro.in/feature/el...l-player-56957

120 km a day is good but the range will be much lower with the AC on. The Tigor EV has the same issue. I doubt if these cabs will be able to do a airport to and fro journey in Bengaluru. These are great for short commutes.

I think that the range could be a factor in the company not using a platform like Ola or Uber.
Cessna182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 19:02   #9
BHPian

Aah so electra ev is the company which was getting nano gliders
Old 28th January 2021, 19:35   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
But doesn't that mean, they have to be roaming around all the time? Will that not be simply wasting range if they don't get any rides?
+1

The practicality of this service raises lot of questions. It doesn't make sense to run the cab without the passenger, so the cab just waits after dropping the passenger and sits there - to be noticed by another passenger. Again, due to limited range, the driver may not agree to go longer distance.

I think the success of this service depends on the availability of charging stations cum parking space. An ideal service for last mile connectivity from Metro stations.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 21:58   #11
BHPian

Electric nanos is a great dream come true, even for personal usage given the practicality of driving and parking in crowded cities. Any one has news on the Electric Nanos from the JAYEM Coimbatore group which I believe was tasked with it?
gopa99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 22:34   #12

In my opinion people should have choice of using phone, mobile app, or flagging down on the street as customers are of different types.
If you want convert them slowly to one method. until then offer them choice.
App based services keep off the irate customer. Even genuine complaints.
With flagging down I think "customer care" link may/not be there.
Old 1st February 2021, 06:30   #13
BHPian

After getting used to the relative "certainty" of getting a cab when booked through app, going back to the old way of searching for a cab on the street or in a taxi stand may be difficult for majority of us. Also, like others mentioned, to be able to spot one of these they have to be in sizeable number and also will have to be roaming around (a waste of battery charge). Would prefer to have the app option or at least a call centre where you can book one.
Old 1st February 2021, 22:45   #14
BHPian

EV Nano may be better as this will have much improved NVH when compared to fossil fuel consuming sibling. Thus eliminating one of the most irritating aspects of this car. It may be a good money spinner also.
Old 7th February 2021, 00:35   #15
BHPian

Any technical information on this car ? Bengaluru mods please have a test drive . Meanwhile here is a vlog featuring this startup SAINIK POD- SIT N GO.

My wild guess is that it's a Nano with refurbished REVA powertrain .
TorqueIndia is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks