Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2007, 17:19   #16
Team-BHP Support

Just tried calling up the following numbers for WE mentioned on their website for Bangalore - Madiwala branch
080 25635176/30974648

At the first number, no one answered. The second number indicated it wasnt even in existence.

Tried calling up at their customer care number. Was answered even before the first ring was over. They/she said that while they look into scratches, nothing could be done about a crack. Also checked out their products section, which mentioned nothing about dealing with cracks.

@Suman, how was it in your case?
Old 23rd April 2007, 17:51   #17
Team-BHP Support

if you can live with the scar leave it and see if the crack is growing, unless you do some chasis twisting high speed drives it will hold for long time and from the picture i dont think this chipping is something you can repair.

post a larger view pic which will give some idea of how big the chipping is..

and if you really dont mind loosing some NCB, go ahead and get it fixed coz its a pain if the crack decide to grow on a long - night drive
Old 23rd April 2007, 18:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@Suman, how was it in your case?
Well, I had the correct number this time around but when it happened to my Safari earlier, I had to look around for the right number & right location. These guys (WE), when they first started, used to focus on "repair", now, they do not want to put in that effort and try & get you to replace the windshield at the earliest opportunity. This time around for the Fiesta, though I had the right location, the car had to make two trips (first time round the resin was not available, the next time the toolkit was missing) before I blew the hell out of the Manager - after the shelling, I got a call back in 10 minutes asking me to send the car immediately. I sent it today........rule of thumb they'd told me earlier - if it is on the driver's side & above the middle, they DON'T REPAIR. If it is anything that is bigger than the diameter of a 50 paise coin, they DON'T REPAIR. Which is why I mentioned that your's didn't look repairable. The fine line between a scratch, a nick & a crack is really so thin.........and subjective of course!
Old 24th April 2007, 10:12   #19
Team-BHP Support

@Jaggu: I had taken the car for a pressure wash last evening firstly as the car was totally covered with muck from the TBHP meet over the weekend, and also to check if the crack grew in any way. Car has now come out all shining, and the crack.. no noticeable growth. Will put up a relatively better pic by tomorrow.

@Suman : Your Safari also got a crack on the windshield? Whoa !!
In my case, the crack is slightly towards the centre, but closer to the driver's side, to the bottom 3/4th section. When talking to the WE people, even i felt the same.. over enthusiastic to replace the windshield. They didnt even ask me to come down, or else send their people to inspect the extent of the damage. Even if i do decide to replace the windshield, i would prefer to get it done at the dealers.
Old 24th April 2007, 11:33   #20
BHPian

hey benny, sad to hear about your cars windshield.. how come i didnt notice it in the meet?? take it to wind shield experts next to manipal centre and below the WHIZZ show room. they might be able to use some glue to repair that.. with more riding and vibrations the crack might grow bigger and cause more damage. i had a similar incident and a stone chipped of the glass on the lower right hand corner.
Old 24th April 2007, 11:49   #21
Team-BHP Support

Shaz, its a crack, rather than just a chip. Looks quite big in the snap i put up, as it was a close-up.

I had called up WE, who said they cannot do anything about a crack. They were literally forcing me to change the windshield at their premises. For that matter, i think i would prefer the dealer taking care of that.
Old 24th April 2007, 12:13   #22
BHPian

Get windshield express guys to do the job. Thay are pretty good. The insurance will take care of the cost of the glass. However they pay only 50% of cost of Glue. You should have put a sticker/scotch tape over the carck to prevent the dirt accumulate inside. In case dirt is accumulated then WE might not be able to help you.
Old 24th April 2007, 12:26   #23
BHPian

Windshield experts do not have orginal windshield for Ikon. I say this because ikon windshield is supposed to come with a clamp for the rear view mirror which it does not. Get it changed from Ford itself.

If you still plan to go for windshileld experts then If your Ikon is below 1500cc i.e flair you'll have to pay 500 to insurance and 300 something for glue. If Ikon is more than 1500cc you'll have to pay 1000 to insurance people and 300 something for glue. Also you stand to loose the no claim bonus. The windshield cost with windshiled experts is 5900 in Delhi.
Old 24th April 2007, 13:35   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by compenn View Post
Windshield experts do not have orginal windshield for Ikon. I say this because ikon windshield is supposed to come with a clamp for the rear view mirror which it does not. Get it changed from Ford itself.

If you still plan to go for windshileld experts then If your Ikon is below 1500cc i.e flair you'll have to pay 500 to insurance and 300 something for glue. If Ikon is more than 1500cc you'll have to pay 1000 to insurance people and 300 something for glue. Also you stand to loose the no claim bonus. The windshield cost with windshiled experts is 5900 in Delhi.
I took the quote from them yesterday for the windshield replacement, and they quoted Rs. 5985/- for the same. Quote from the dealer came to about 8.5K. Insurance gives 100% on glass, and 50% on labour, and nothing for sealant is what i was informed by the dealer.

The WE customer helpline staff did not ask me if mine was a 1.3 or a 1.6, or even which year it belonged to. All she wanted was that i should come down there at the earliest. She must have reiterated the same about 5 times within the space of my conversation. It was almost like after every query i made to her.

Taking a waiting and observing approach for now.
Old 26th April 2007, 10:21   #25
Team-BHP Support

Guys, putting up a pic here, which hopefully shud be better than the previous one.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 26th April 2007 at 10:23.
Old 26th April 2007, 11:11   #26
Senior - BHPian

Don't think they can repair that one!

Benny, nice pic, this confirms my initial appprehension - its way too big for WE to fix. You'll need to replace it mate - and do it quick. Apart from the possibility of it shattering somewhere down the line, I would hate to drive with a cracked w'screen, its BAD LUCK (I know, superstitious me ).

Oh, and yes - if you're changing it, don't go to WE, go to your usual dealer/workshop
Old 26th April 2007, 11:16   #27
Team-BHP Support

I had a call from the WE lady even today, and she was literally pleading with me to bring down the car to their center. When i said i had postponed it for now, she was still demanding a date. (no, not the date you were thinking of!! LOL !!)
Old 26th April 2007, 11:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had a call from the WE lady even today, and she was literally pleading with me to bring down the car to their center. When i said i had postponed it for now, she was still demanding a date. (no, not the date you were thinking of!! LOL !!)
I would have taken her up on that date, if i were you.
Try to fix up with your dealer so that you wont have to pay anything from your pocket. for e.g., if the replacement cost is 7k, your dealer will quote 8.5k to insurance who will pay him around 7k which would cover the cost without you having to pay for it. They normally do this.
cheers
Old 26th April 2007, 11:54   #29
Team-BHP Support

@E_L : Na, having tied the knot, I wudnt tread on dangerous territory there.

As for what you have said, shall try and get something done on similar lines as you mentioned. Its just the reluctance to replace the original company fitted windshield. :(
Old 26th April 2007, 12:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@E_L : Na, having tied the knot, I wudnt tread on dangerous territory there.

As for what you have said, shall try and get something done on similar lines as you mentioned. Its just the reluctance to replace the original company fitted windshield. :(
Just kidding pal about the date.

I know it's tough, but you got to take the safe route here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks