Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2022, 10:05   #76
BHPian

Re: CCTV Footage: My Innova Crysta ZX AT got stolen in Delhi

The matter of Insurance claim has reached finality. Getting Non-trace report was painful. After running back and forth and being frustrated I confronted the SHO. Thanks to his intervention the IO got me the Non trace report from their server.

Upon submitting the said report, the claim cheque was been paid to me after another 2 weeks.

I have purchased another Innova but this I have not opted for push start and also made sure that my vehicle is covered with RTI Insurance cover from the Toyota. Their RTI coverage is for on-road invoice price on claim date.

Thanks you everyone for the support and help.
dinesha is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 12:05   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesha View Post
Upon submitting the said report, the claim cheque was been paid to me after another 2 weeks.

I have purchased another Innova but this I have not opted for push start and also made sure that my vehicle is covered with RTI Insurance cover from the Toyota. Their RTI coverage is for on-road invoice price on claim date.

Thanks you everyone for the support and help.
Thank you for updating it here. Glad that it is finally coming to an end after one whole year.

BTW does it mean your loan also stays open till the claim check is received? Did you have to continue paying the EMI?
padmrajravi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 18:33   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Thank you for updating it here. Glad that it is finally coming to an end after one whole year.

BTW does it mean your loan also stays open till the claim check is received? Did you have to continue paying the EMI?
I foreclosed the loan just before submitting the non-trace report. I was advised this way it would be lot sooner.
dinesha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 15:08   #79
BHPian

The old school method of having a secret "Engine Cut Off Switch" would prevent such thefts. Its not that thieves cant notice it, but its time consuming for them to carry out the theft and would naturally not prefer to get caught and would give up on the plan. Its unfortunate how these immobilisers and other gizmos are tricked, if these default devices are not fool proof, why are we paying for it? Its high time automobile companies to pull up their sleeves and come out with some real anti theft devices. If anything (electronics) goes wrong with the car with the after market devices installed, the manufacturers will blame the customer when warranty is claimed and take undue leverage of the situation. We as a community must pursuade the manufacturers to come up with fool proof mechanism to prevent thefts.
Old 11th June 2023, 23:36   #80

I am posting on this thread as I cannot post a new one being a newbie. But below is a first-hand experience with Delhi Police, which was an eye opener of sorts.

Like many of us Delhiites have experienced, someone had parked their car right in front of my gate at night, and not only that, had backed right into my other car that was parked outside, denting the bumper.

I called 112 and they sent a PCR after 45 minutes (that it arrived at all was a miracle in itself). Cop told me "ji thodi si to lagi hai, aapas mein nipta lo". Told him he was blocking my entry/exit, which qualifies as wrongful restraint and confinement, at least he should be challaned for damaging my vehicle.

Reluctantly he took out his sheet of paper, noted down details. Now by this time one hour after the 112 call, the owner of the vehicle arrives, has a group of 7-8 people with him, and says "kya problem hai". Our hero cop says "ji ye keh rahe hain ki gate ke saame lagayi hai aur gaadi damage ki hai." His (assuming Haryanvi brother, given the accent), says "ek kharoch hi to lagi hai, galti to kisi se bhee ho jaati hai".

Cop asks "batao kya karna hai". Seeing where this was going, and having no capacity to say "tu jaanta nahi main kaun hoon", I backed off. Guy goes off merrily, no offer to pay for the damage, cop laments "chotti chotti cheezon ke liye bula lete hain PCR ko".

According to him, I was in the wrong to call on the cops to challan someone to remove their vehicle that had not only blocked my access but damaged my vehicle (unfortunately not enough to totall it).

Outcome: No challan was issued, guy goes scot free. I end up with the bill for repairs.

Lesson that day - start going to the gym, get some stocky Jaat friends, and find a tauji who is a vidhayak.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks