Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2021, 15:19   #16
BHPian

Re: Weirdest parking tricks of Indians

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN88 View Post
The struggles of parkings especially in cities like Mumbai can be very real! I know of someone who can very well afford the most luxurious cars upward of 60-70 lacs but they dont have one simple parking due to houses in old stand alone buildings.
Welcome to Patna city(part of Patna) where 10 lakh+ population resides, is the main wholesale business area of Bihar and where legendary Marufganj mandi(wholesale market) and Guru Gobind singh gurudwara are. Old business houses and numerous factories are also here. Quarter of the population can afford a good car here but only 5% actually own it because no one has the space to park it and navigating patna city roads on car in till 8PM is not for weak hearted. So everyone owns a two wheeler. The situation is so dire that ola/uber will only drop you but one can not find any pick up from them.
Sran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 23:52   #17

We added a small side gate at the exact place where our car’s driver side door will open. So you open the side gate, park the car, get out via driver side door, lock the side gate and then shutters down.

But then, we changed cars
kits is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 06:56   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
My cousin brother's new Scorpio. He parks the car and gets out from the tailgate. The space is very narrow
I always wondered of the use case for the remote parking functionality seen in the new luxury cars. Until now. Guess it'll be perfect for your cousin!

GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 07:53   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitishk View Post
I think we all remember this one. Its hands down my No. 1 parking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Eager to know how did the Baleno got there. The ladder in the pic is quite satirical
It’s quite common in hill stations and I saw lots of similar cars in Shimla. Usually the road is at the same level as (and pretty much adjacent to) the roof of the house with the house overlooking the valley.
Old 17th March 2021, 08:06   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I have this uncanny ability to perfectly stick a car to the wall, so that my other car can drive through the gap (I hate one car blocking the car as it's a pain to take out the car on the inside). No matter which car, I can stick it to the wall & leave a gap in the millimeters.
Cheers! Exact same here.

I moved from my house with a large garage that can park the largest of cars to a rented house with a garage that was made to park smaller cars. The owner claimed Scorpio was a tight fit.

Now imagine parking 2 large cars in it. A safari storme and a ciaz. Ciaz might be narrower than the big cars (it's still wide at 1730 mm) but it is long, almost 4.5 m and the Storme is close to 4.7m long. Parking both inside the garage means, this-

Weirdest parking tricks of Indians-img_20201030_120110_7582.jpg

Weirdest parking tricks of Indians-screenshot_202103170812362.png

It gets worse with storme, the bloody car is wide too. You can judge the ORVM width, but the side step is another story, it's completely invisible and parking close to walls definitely needs skill.

If I left some gap from the wall, I will be blocking the way to reach the terrace staircase.

Mere cm from the wall

Weirdest parking tricks of Indians-img_20201021_150047_4002.jpg

Weirdest parking tricks of Indians-img_20201021_150047_3922.jpg

I must also admit I have fun at times, scaring away random drivers from parking right across my space in front of my other house

Weirdest parking tricks of Indians-img_20210312_105406_144.jpg

The fact that the Storme has no parking aid except the primitive rear parking sensors makes it much more fun.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 17th March 2021 at 08:15.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 10:45   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Eager to know how did the Baleno got there. The ladder in the pic is quite satirical
That was a miraculous accident. Here is a thread for that accident.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...oof-house.html (Baleno lands on the roof of a house!)
100Rabh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 11:50   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I always wondered of the use case for the remote parking functionality seen in the new luxury cars. Until now. Guess it'll be perfect for your cousin!
That's very true. Will share this video with him. I remember seeing this technology in the James Bond movie Tomorrow Never Dies with Pierce Brosnan driving the BMW with this Nokia Communicator. It's really amazing to see the same in a mainstream car.
Old 17th March 2021, 23:07   #23
BHPian

My super tight garage, was designed for smaller cars, the space on left ash's front of both cars is just 1.5 inches and right only enough to open the driver doors and get out. Only I can park here as my dad and wife totally avoid parking in such a tight space. I can't fit in bigger cars than these,I am an architect and had designed my house on a pretty small plot prompting my friends to joke that I should have hired a better architect
Attached Thumbnails
Weirdest parking tricks of Indians-20210317_223604.jpg  

Weirdest parking tricks of Indians-20210317_223548.jpg  

Weirdest parking tricks of Indians-20210317_223449.jpg  

Weirdest parking tricks of Indians-20210317_223440.jpg  

mh09ad5578 is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 20:14   #24
BHPian

Some kind of security jugaad?
Weirdest parking tricks of Indians-img_20190625_105156.jpg
TheGearBox is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 21:32   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
Some kind of security jugaad?
I've seen this alot here in Kerala. Apparently it's meant to deter canine miscreants. Lots of folks put these bottles filled with colored water in front of their open porches etc.
Here I think the owner is trying to keep his favourite rims from being marked as territory by a random pooch.
janakiram_m is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 22:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Cheers! Exact same here.

Attachment 2133489
My version of this.

Weirdest parking tricks of Indians-p_20200118_153015.jpg

I have to do this because otherwise the front car sticks out blocking the driveway. And the location is a corner where others have to take an L-turn, so I better stay behind my yellow line.
binand is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 20:21   #27
BHPian

I recently noticed this reserving parking space trick by my neighbor. As in Chennai most the cars are parked on the road, this neighbor parks his car right opposite to his house. Whenever he takes his car to go out, he parks his scooter horizontally in that spot so that no one else can park there.
VigneshMC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 22:01   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
Speaking of parking tricks. I notice the desi anti-rodent device.
Noob question, for me this looks like a regular / normal plan, wondering how does this work.

any gyaan would be most helpful

Cheers!
Old 24th March 2021, 15:12   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigneshMC View Post
Whenever he takes his car to go out, he parks his scooter horizontally in that spot so that no one else can park there.
My neighbour used do it. As moths to a flame, his scooter started to attract other 2 wheelers, until it permanently became a 2-wheeler parking area & he lost his parking spot.
car_addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 19:24   #30
Senior - BHPian

Saw on facebook. I am wondering what purpose it serves there? Probably an extra room?

Weirdest parking tricks of Indians-amb.jpg

(PC: SG Dutta)
airbus is online now   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks