Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2021, 23:10   #31
BHPian

Re: DTC bus driver deliberately rams into me | Now what?

Dear Manveet,

First of all, i am happy that you and your dear ones didn't get injured. Thank God for that.

Secondly, I do not subscribe to this line of thinking that nothing/something happened, nothing to be done. At least some action needs to be taken may be in a way which doesn't hurt you in any way. At least send a mail or report to their complaint redressal system. Of course here the motive should be to deter the person in repeating the dame folly again, not to teach him a lesson. Let it be decided by his seniors or ultimate authority, God.

I agree the system sucks but we need to do our bit, whatever is possible in this system, comfortably. This us how system is going to change someday.

Take care
Old 29th April 2021, 13:17   #32
BHPian

In Delhi, either you completely block the way for any DTC bus or give them complete way. Anything in between is scary.

My experience says, Red AC buses are the most civilized one, then the Green ones coming second and the Orange ones are devils on road. Don't ever take any chance with them.

Once an Orange one scrapped my LHS front fender of my XUV 500, I did nothing. I let it go. Its too much of a hassle to deal with them and the whole system. Got the damage repaired from outside.

But there is also a benefit of the Orange ones. If you are stuck in a jam or in heavy traffic, just tailgate the bus and you will be out of the mess faster.
Old 14th December 2021, 11:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
I have observed that most DTC drivers will pay you back in spades for any respect you give them on the road (including clearing a path for you to overtake as soon as there is adequate space available).
In my experience, a vast majority of yellow-board drivers (including State transport bus drivers) immediately respond in kind if I give consideration to their vehicle's size and dynamics, and the traffic conditions around them. The main aspect usually is ensuring that they do not have to lose momentum to let me go past.

P.S: This is a general comment, and not specific to the OP's incident.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks