Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2007, 01:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Theft attempt in my car

Guys,

Yesterday morning at arrorund 10:30 AM i got a call from my home my sister was on line and she was very scared. She said "Bhai jaldi se police ko phone kar, Humari gadi kas sheesha koi tod raha hai" and she disconnected the call, I was so shocked and for five minutes i could not understand wats going on. I thought some one is taking their anger on my car but wait do i really have any enemies? No then who is it? i was all puzzled then i called her back, and she told me that the person was a theif and is now caught. Ok guys the car is parked opposite irwin road service staion on baba khark singh marg near gurudwara bangla sahib, its is a high traffic road and moreover that 10:30 AM was a peak time, he broke the window at the driver side and got inside. He was trying to take out the stereo when my guard caught him. The entire colony was there in minutes, it took me an hour to reach there and by that time he was taken to the police station. when i reached home i saw a polybag filled with sand lying inside the car and the window was broken so i assume this bag filled with sand was used to break it. every thing was lying all over inside my car. but the stereo and the amp were intact, i asked my mother about the details of the guy and turns out he was a smack adict, found in our area in huge numbers, thus no way to claim the damages.

The cops had asked me to come to the station once i reach home, so i went there with my dad and when i saw this guy he was badly battered so my dad said to withdraw the case as the guy was going to a mental aslum. Any ways as the saying goes "farzi mein garibi mein aata geela" i had to spend close to 900 Rupees for the glass and 400 rs for the amp wiring, and the stereo still not fixed as the connectors are damaged might need to buy a new stereo and amp. And my remote is missing. but some how i feel this guy was very intelegent caused he used a polybag filled with sand to reduce the sound of breaking the glass. Any ways i feel that my car is cursed as i end up paying every time without any apparent reason. i had not used my car fro the last 10-12 days to save unnecessary expenses but as the saying goes "jo hona hai woh toh hoke hi rehega"
Old 6th May 2007, 02:07   #2
Awaiting Email Confirmation

sorry to hear that man...Actually i've heard car theft has increased in delhi this year by about 15% is that true?
Old 6th May 2007, 02:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Man you are lucky that nothing was stolen and this time get a security system installed in your car it can help sometimes
Old 6th May 2007, 03:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
Man you are lucky that nothing was stolen and this time get a security system installed in your car it can help sometimes
Guess what i have a security system but it did not gooff as he came inside after breaking the window.
Old 6th May 2007, 03:30   #5
BHPian

Nitroxx i'm not sure about the exact figures. But thefts have increased rather sharply in Delhi over the years.

The softer targets being hatches with 6x9's. I mean break in, yank the stereo, pull out the rear tray itself. All under 2 minutes. What else could crooks want?

Last edited by Fuelled : 6th May 2007 at 03:35.
Old 6th May 2007, 06:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Guess what i have a security system but it did not gooff as he came inside after breaking the window.
Install Motion sensors inside the car.. even if the glass breaks and u put as mush as a finger inside the alarm goes off.They cost an additional 1000 bucks and fit for autocop.. I am not aware if they are available for any other brand though

Godfather
Old 6th May 2007, 14:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about it Pramod but also very surprised that the guy tried to do this on such a busy location. At that hour there must have been huge traffic. Anyways get your car repaired & remember to remove the face plate of the stereo from next time onwards when you park your car for long durations.
Old 6th May 2007, 14:27   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
remember to remove the face plate of the stereo from next time onwards when you park your car for long durations.
Yes I will reco that too. Rest all is luck ( good/bad ). If the things have to happen, they happen ..
Old 6th May 2007, 16:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
remember to remove the face plate of the stereo from next time onwards when you park your car for long durations.

What good does that do if the smack addict proceeds to loot the stereo without the face plate. You will be stuck with the face plate & no hardware. LOL.
Old 6th May 2007, 20:21   #10
BHPian

It hardly matters whether you remove the faceplate or not. Since one can buy faceplates separately too.
Old 7th May 2007, 02:02   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled View Post
It hardly matters whether you remove the faceplate or not. Since one can buy faceplates separately too.
I do not think it is that easy. The faceplate apparently has a chip that matches another in the main body. Just putting in another faceplate, even if for the same model of HU, won't make it work. That is the idea behind removable faceplates AFAIK.
Old 7th May 2007, 10:29   #12
Team-BHP Support

Pramod, looks like you were lucky this time round, that the thief was caught. As Godfather suggested, get motion sensors fitted, which could atleast warn you of the theft happening.

As they say, the rest is all sheer luck.

Quote:
The faceplate apparently has a chip that matches another in the main body. Just putting in another faceplate, even if for the same model of HU, won't make it work. That is the idea behind removable faceplates AFAIK.
@Zappo : Are u sure about this??
Old 7th May 2007, 15:24   #13
BHPian

@zappo-
In the world of chipped PS2s that can play pirated games. I dont think its any difficult to crack a face plate(in case any security chip is installed in the first place)
Old 7th May 2007, 15:58   #14
Senior - BHPian

another option is to connect the horn with the door switches - the ones that activate / deactivate the cabin light - and making it work along with the security (autocop or whatever in your car) alarm.

but IMO, the motion sensors will definitely work. as far as i remember, it used to called Autocop Gold or something.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 7th May 2007 at 16:01.
Old 7th May 2007, 16:27   #15
BHPian

Promod,
You are the lucky one..........I had same kind of incident 2 weeks back......My car is parked in front of my home and it has Autocop central locking system installed and in working condition. One morning, when I woke up, I saw that that rear small glass if it was not there. I was surprised. When I came down to check it, I found that the glass was lying inside the car and my HU was gone........than I noticed that there was a Wagon R parked just few meters away from my car and it had its driver's seat window broke. I immeditaely infomed that owner of the car and I also called the security and police. Local DLF security apprived withing 10 minutes but it took 2 hours to reach police at the location, where the walking distance is only 5 minutes away. They asked me the give them written application which I did and nothing has happened so far. Later on the same day, I came to know in another block, there were 2 cars got stolen, NHC and Scorpio. It raises few questions
1-When they were attemting to get into the car, central locking system would have definetely blown but it was not noticed by the security guards.
2-There are so many cars parked at the same location, how come they know which car has good music system installed.
3-The guy, who come early in the morning to clean the car, never informed me about the glass being removed, so I doubt that he is also involved in this and he is the one, who knows about everything inside a car, as he used to clean the car from inside.
It also gives lessons
1-Never keep your important papers/HU in the car( I used to keep my car papers and HU but now I have learnt)
2-Get a good security system installed(I just got Autocop gear lock installed)

I don't think Police or local security will be able to do anything in this case, so being owner, its our responsilibity to take car of it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks