Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2021, 16:05   #31
BHPian

Re: Farmer throws out car for blocking his gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
I can only say, patience limit across the globe is reducing drastically. There was a concept like live and let live once upon a time. It has diminished and today's concept is, this globe belongs to me and no one has right to live on it except me.

While in schools and colleges, When we used to go to trips, our bus used to park by the side of the road and we used to get inside fields for breakfast just to get water for hand wash after breakfast. The owners or workers in the field used to give space for almost 40-50 students to have breakfast, allow us to wash our hands near their pump set taps, allow us to play for some time, and sometimes, they used to give jaggery or sugar cane juice prepared in their unit for all of us free of cost including our teachers(if we had stopped at sugarcane processing units).

Where are those days gone? Today, If we stop our car near any field and enter the fields just to have breakfast and wash our hands, the workers or owner's look at us as though we are stealing their lands. And I am not saying they are wrong. Their experience have taught them these lessons.

But as a whole, the trust between people, the tolerance level, patience limits are diminishing and people have started seeing others as terrorists.

Coming to this case, I don't want to comment on whether the car owner was wrong in parking the car or JCB owner was wrong in showing his reaction. Both are right in their own way and both are wrong. But, we all need to learn to gain some more trust, tolerance and patience.

I so much agree to your above observation. Indeed, the patience level has dropped quite much these last few decades if I may say. People these days pride themselves in being aggressive. And the concerning thing is that this trend has now spread to rural areas which was once constrained to urban centres.

I like your examples above that gave a glimpse of the human values that were inherent in people.
Old 18th June 2021, 17:50   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why people were so considerate earlier, and so intolerable today is my question. Afterall the car was just parked in the field and the owner was clicking some photos. Again, I am deliberately not taking any one side here. I am just trying to get more insight into the human behaviour.
1) people have always been untrusting of the "others". You are talking about in past people trusting among their own folks like own family, own village, own language, own kingdom/country.

2) human patience will always decrease with time because we are so much used to getting instant results/gratification due to evolving technology that there is always an expectation that interval between desire and outcome should be in seconds today.

Last edited by alpha1 : 18th June 2021 at 17:51.
Old 18th June 2021, 22:37   #33

Quote:

Why people were so considerate earlier, and so intolerable today is my question. Afterall the car was just parked in the field and the owner was clicking some photos. Again, I am deliberately not taking any one side here. I am just trying to get more insight into the human behaviour.
This reminds me of one inter-personal skills class where importance was laid on tolerance more than being considerate. People are taught so much to be considerate, that is to say, sensitive and understanding of others. On the other hand, I feel there is little to no importance given on learning to be tolerant, of course towards other than pointless things.

This person becoming angry to such an extent that he throws a car out just for blocking the gate is really outrageous. His actions have truly spoken louder than words for the person who has learned not to park his car irresponsibly for life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks