Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2007, 08:59   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Education and that too in proper sense of the term rather than some mere credentials.
I am afraid education can't teach these people common sense.

"If you put a dunderhead through the best of schools, you still get a dumb middle manager out the other end." -Jermey Clarkson
Old 15th May 2007, 09:00   #62
BHPian

Helloooo... where is my post? Its lying in some moderators inbox, I suppose. I cant remember what I typed yesterday noon. But again I repeat some points.

Please please please please talk sense when you talk about towing away the vehicle that was wrongly parked. Did you miss the point where I said that there was a jam where not even a bike (read two wheeler with about a 100cms of width) can pass through. From where in the world do you expect a tow truck to come there? huh? Did I miss any point about Bangalore have a Helicopter to tow away cars? Or did you miss the point where 'Selective' and I(in one of my missing post) said that that the jam blows up immediately(read within 30 seconds) to encompass all the neighboring roads including the adjacent Ring Road. In fact at least once a day, the cops shut down that signal on the Ring Road and have to regular traffic on the arterial roads.

I also mentioned that there was a cop on the scene and in all probability he might have encouraged this act out of sheer helplessness. (Where the hell is media coverage when you need it?) And, why oh why don't we have a T-BHPian who was an eyewitness to that incident so that he can shed true light on that happened.
Old 15th May 2007, 11:59   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
IAnd, why oh why don't we have a T-BHPian who was an eyewitness to that incident so that he can shed true light on that happened.
Precisely because we are not reporters. This thread started out based upon what was mentioned below by yourself.

Quote:
This incident happened about 2 weeks back near the Nandhini hotel in JP Nagar 6th Phase, Bangalore. I did not witness this incident and I dont think any news about it came on paper too. I would like to request fellow thbhp-ians to share any details or pics if they have.
No one else has confirmed this, and there are also no other reports of the same.
Old 15th May 2007, 13:33   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
No one else has confirmed this, and there are also no other reports of the same.
Which is why I would like to know why the event has been suppressed in such a manner. Though I can vouch for the genuineness of the report, I am interested in knowing the extent of damage on the vehicle. No pics to corroborate the facts unfortunately.
Old 18th May 2007, 01:39   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
How much effort does it take to read a no parking board for an educated person and then park his car , so that it does not obstruct traffic ? Why should he expect a third person to physically lift and move his car so that his car can be taken out ? Isnt it better to ensure that the way we park is not inconveniencing others rather ask them to lift our car ?
Precisely, but since the driver did not do that, it is quite obvious that he did not know or had no regard to the fact that he has to. Thats where Law must come in to punish and to teach. In anycase I am saying that there was a general lack of education/awareness on all parties.

Having said that, would you expect someone to fist you physically for a mistake that you have made?

It is also a fact that peoples trust on the Law is so low that most of us try to make ourselves the law.

This is the same reason that if you meet with an accident, injuring/killing/damaging something people take matters in their own hands rather than trust the law to take action.

Strickter Law enforcement and proper education (I reiterate by which I do not mean degrees/certificates) is all we need for better road manners from all roadusers.
Old 19th September 2008, 13:29   #66
Senior - BHPian

A similar incident happened to me also. I was at a traffic signal and there was this BMTC breathing down my neck. He wanted me to jump the signal so that he could also follow. I rolled up the glasses and stay put. He began shouting and when I started ignoring him waiting for the lights to turn green, he literally moved the bus and came at me, I noticed it in the nick of time and moved on and jumped the signal. If I had stuck to my guns, then I wonder what would have happened
Old 19th September 2008, 18:27   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
A similar incident happened to me also. I was at a traffic signal and there was this BMTC breathing down my neck. He wanted me to jump the signal so that he could also follow. I rolled up the glasses and stay put. He began shouting and when I started ignoring him waiting for the lights to turn green, he literally moved the bus and came at me, I noticed it in the nick of time and moved on and jumped the signal. If I had stuck to my guns, then I wonder what would have happened
Which was your car ???

If it was Sierra he would have not dared to say anything,

I think you were on Reva so he would have shouted as they think it is a small vehicle and they want those vehicles to be in the corner of the road making way for other vehicles.
Old 19th September 2008, 18:48   #68
Senior - BHPian

What a freakin sad way to teach the alto driver a lesson.The alto can aaram se physically lifted,door opened with a ruler,windows broken bla bla and what not.
Where is all the sophistication gone?
Banging a 10 ton bus into a puny alto because he parked incorrectly is no way to punish someone jus because u can.
Yes he parked it in a no parking zone,fine him,but destroying property is something else
The BMTC driver should be beaten black,blue and red.
Old 19th September 2008, 19:39   #69
Team-BHP Support

Are we really living in a civilized society? There are many ways by which a parked car (esp one the size of Alto) can be moved out of way, instead of such barbaric methods!
Old 19th September 2008, 19:52   #70
Senior - BHPian

> 1994 Tata Sierra - no BMTC would mess with that!!
> 2001 Reva - Wrong choice of weapon against a 'frankenstein' behind a 3feet dia steering wheel.

Pity you...!!
Old 22nd September 2008, 15:27   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Are we really living in a civilized society? There are many ways by which a parked car (esp one the size of Alto) can be moved out of way, instead of such barbaric methods!

ATTENTION all T-BHP members!!!! If you have any kind of tiff with a BEST bus, please ensure that you break the driver side mirror. With no questions asked the driver is docked of 3 months salary. I think this is the best punishment for a driver and would recomend all to do this.
This idea has been given to me by a best driver himself!!
Old 17th February 2009, 19:01   #72
BHPian

Shocked to read this. Not surprised to hear that public were cheering. I bet this wouldn't have happened if it was a Merc. The BMTC driver wouldn't have dared to go near it.
Old 17th February 2009, 22:53   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
Shocked to read this. Not surprised to hear that public were cheering. I bet this wouldn't have happened if it was a Merc. The BMTC driver wouldn't have dared to go near it.
In these times, where a Govt servant has fair amount of back-up, anything is possible.
Shocking incident indeed!
Old 18th February 2009, 12:07   #74
Senior - BHPian

The most appalling aspect of this thread is not the action of the bus driver.

BUT the enthusiastic and encouraging responses of the ppl on this board.
Some of who are moderators.

Disgusting is the word that comes to my mind.
Not much different from a barbaric society.
Old 18th February 2009, 12:30   #75
Senior - BHPian

This thread has bought a a issue which is almost a pin these dyas, thanks to the lack of parking space and loads of cars/bikes. these days we find most flaunting rules.

and people are not serious about the law...

now the question is how do we solve this issue, in most cases its the educated people who do it..

One of the examples few weeks back on a weekend(morning)

A narrow road and a dude has parked his honda city and gone to shop....and the vehicles piled up at both the sides as the bus cant pass, after good 5mins of honking the dude comes and gives a look as if nothing happened.

now what do we do for such MORONS!

We are seeing an increase in the offense just because the law is not good enough...

I cant support the bus drivers approach but at the same time i feel a person parking irresponsibly should be punished heavily!

Last edited by lohithrao : 18th February 2009 at 12:31.

Most Viewed