Team-BHP - Accident in Old Madras Road + Good Samaritan
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Accident in Old Madras Road + Good Samaritan (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/24085-accident-old-madras-road-good-samaritan.html)

Today morning one company bus(swaraj mazda) ran over a cyclist somewhere in old madras road in Bangalore. Apparently(from the statements given by the employees) the cyclist hopped across the divider right into the path of the mazda. The cyclist obviously went under the vehicle and the driver immediately fled the scene.

But it was the presence of mind of the employees that saved the cyclists day. One of the employees hopped into the drivers seat and reversed the bus away from the cyclist and then they put him into the mazda and drove to a hospital(Manipal hospital I hear) and got him admitted there. The employee had to stay back there to complete the formalities and police verification and such details and I guess spent most of the day(if not all) away from office.

I must commend the employee on his presence of mind to do what he did and especially his courage to drive a mazda(which is no easy feat) to save someone from the hands of death. Especially someone who's own fault it was that he came under the bus. The cyclist is supposedly in the ICU and is out of danger.

When they contacted the transport supervisor of the vendor (SRS Travels), they told the employee that such things happen regularly and the employees must just leave the matter(and the cyclist) there and not bother about the incident. Such irresponsibility and inhumanity must be severely dealt with and cannot be pardoned. I have in fact heard the very same statement myself when a Mazda I was travelling in grazed a Honda City and broke the rear view mirror. The bus was held by the owner of the car and the supervisor just brushed off the incident and told me to take an auto and go home and not bother about such incidents.

though a very good deed very controversial action also, moving the vehicle a lil to save the cyclist is ok but driving the same bus with the victim to hospital hope the good Samaritan doesnt gets into trouble with all this

Quote:

Originally Posted by herculesksp (Post 438471)
When they contacted the transport supervisor of the vendor (SRS Travels), they told the employee that such things happen regularly and the employees must just leave the matter(and the cyclist) there and not bother about the incident.

What kind of nonsence is this.. How can you not bother when there is a person dying in front of you... This is the reason 90% of cab drivers are driving rash.. They have their superiors helping them out in cases of accidents...
If these guys are dealt with severly in the first place then we will see more sensible driving from these guys.

Godfather

It was a cycle wala ka fault but the people in the mazda did a good thing by saving the person but what i don't undersatnd why the driver of the bigger vehicle run from the spot of the accident and by bigger vehicle i mean HTV

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 438773)
but what i don't undersatnd why the driver of the bigger vehicle run from the spot of the accident and by bigger vehicle i mean HTV

Fear of the "MOB".. They will always blame the bigger vehicle.. and in some cases will also resort to hitting the driver..Thats the main reason the drivers run away after an accident.

Godfather

Unfortunately I head the bad news today that the guy in ICU is no more. He was a security guy from Orissa. The employee who drove the bus didnt get into any trouble as it was an emergency situation and the cops didnt press the issue. I wonder what might have happened had the inexperienced employee hit the mazda into another vehicle. Thank god no such thing happened.

@hercules : Which company bus was this? Also, did u witness the accident?

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 439154)
@hercules : Which company bus was this? Also, did u witness the accident?

I do not wish to reveal the company name for certain reasons. I dont think the company wishes to have its name involved as I know a previous fatal incident that happened and there was no mention of the company name although the incident was in the papers. Its a company in whitefield.

I heard the news from some friends whos colleague was the employee driver and also from one of the HR employees of the concerned company.

The latter part of the news(about the fatality) was told to me by my bus driver today morning and he verified what my friends had told me the previous evening.

Moving the vehicle with the victim lying underneath & not knowing his state of wounds is not the wisest thing to do. Anyway, kudos to that gent who tried to do his best. However, sad that his effort could not save the victim.

Quote:

They have their superiors helping them out in cases of accidents...
If these guys are dealt with severly in the first place then we will see more sensible driving from these guys.

Godfather
In various threads I have been reiterating that the real cuprits are the vendors/owners of the cabs that are to blame for the current state of affairs.
In any accident involving cabs the company and the cab driver are in the lime light and nowhere do the owners come into light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather (Post 438679)
What kind of nonsence is this.. How can you not bother when there is a person dying in front of you... This is the reason 90% of cab drivers are driving rash.. They have their superiors helping them out in cases of accidents...

Godfather

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiranpashtakar (Post 440356)
In various threads I have been reiterating that the real cuprits are the vendors/owners of the cabs that are to blame for the current state of affairs.
In any accident involving cabs the company and the cab driver are in the lime light and nowhere do the owners come into light.

Politicos own the travel companies most times, and ehnce they never let their drivers into trouble, and with their backup these matha$#$ers drive the cab/bus/van is the most horrendous way!

Ponder for a reason for every inhuman act - there stands the NETAS tall behind the act. Ghawd save India.

TOI carried an article about Jaywalking and how the government should take strict steps against them for not using pedestrian crossing or the sky walks.

There are so many sky-walks on the newly laid "Rajiv Gandhi Road" or the Technology Superway [OMR Chennai] but no takers. We can still see eyeless donkeys running up and down the road, making the drive in such a large scale road a nightmare - like a video game.:Shockked:

All the travel company in Bangalore has the right to "HIT AND RUN". For them hitting some is permittable action. They dont give any value to other vehicle and the life.They drive in such a way that only these company has the right to drive there vehicle in the road. You & me didnt pay any amount as road tax.
SRS is the one of the largest player in Bangalore market. And I am damn sure a good amount of money goes to Police pocket. So they are the most careless drivers. I wish people in other side should unite and hit them back. though its not the right way.
Another Culprit is the MNC company. For whom these cab runs.
WIPRO/INFY may be PCMM5 comp but there transport is not. why there is no audit for the transport section...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiranpashtakar (Post 440356)

I belive the passenger too are responsible. If the Cabbies drive rash they can always ask him to drive safely. Becos of the stupid driver the passanger may loose their life.
Ultimately the Cab operator does not loose any thing. they just earn money.
You looose your life.... Never know this accident can happen to any one at any time.please:

when someone is dying under a vehicle ,and the driver fled the scene ,then what else can be done?
These IT jobs etc made bangalore a tough place to live :( . Police is corrupt and what I understand - the cab drivers are enjoying rash driving in congested bangalore roads ?Guess ,if the life of a IT employee or someone else unlike the poor guy ,the situation may be different?