Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2007, 23:51   #31
BHPian

Seatbelts are a must. Four years back, ( those days you could do 45kmph on jaymahal road in evenings) I was coming from the cantonment side to RT nagar via Jaymahal Road by my humble 800. One moron in front of me in a jazzy Astra suddenly decided turn left suddenly towards Fun World after applying a sudden brake. I stood on my brakes, and luckily it stopped an inch sort of the Astra. Poor me..before I could realize what happened ...THUD..An esteem hit me from the rear...one second...THUD.. another one... A contessa hit the Esteem and it hit me again. My door sprung open and I experienced several jerks as a number of cars passed me from the right. I was lucky that I escaped unhurt..not even a scratch. The reason: I was wearing a SEATBELT. The impact would have definitely thrown me out and .... So I insist people on wearing a seatbelt, at least people in the front seat.
Old 6th July 2007, 12:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_whizz View Post
Seatbelts are a must. Four years back, ( those days you could do 45kmph on jaymahal road in evenings) I was coming from the cantonment side to RT nagar via Jaymahal Road by my humble 800. One moron in front of me in a jazzy Astra suddenly decided turn left suddenly towards Fun World after applying a sudden brake. I stood on my brakes, and luckily it stopped an inch sort of the Astra. Poor me..before I could realize what happened ...THUD..An esteem hit me from the rear...one second...THUD.. another one... A contessa hit the Esteem and it hit me again. My door sprung open and I experienced several jerks as a number of cars passed me from the right. I was lucky that I escaped unhurt..not even a scratch. The reason: I was wearing a SEATBELT. The impact would have definitely thrown me out and .... So I insist people on wearing a seatbelt, at least people in the front seat.
I think i heard about this incident, did you guys beat that astra guy? man so frustuating. how one can be so irresponsible especially when behind the wheels.
Old 7th July 2007, 12:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
I think i heard about this incident, did you guys beat that astra guy? man so frustuating. how one can be so irresponsible especially when behind the wheels.
No we could not.. However I wanted to
Old 12th July 2007, 17:50   #34
BHPian

60th day celebration

Guys, Today is the 60th day of my accident & my car is still lying in the dealership. they are waiting for the front panels to come which was the excuse for the past couple of weeks. Today morning i sent a mail to 3 of the top officials of Mahindra & was surprised to receive a call back within 6 minutes and i got introduced to the customer care manager for kerala. Now they assured me that i will get my car back within 7 days. The scary thing about this accident is to get the vehicle serviced by the dealer..

But i am thinking of going to consumer protection court after receiving the vehicle. what do you suggest?
Old 12th July 2007, 18:48   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
Guys, Today is the 60th day of my accident & my car is still lying in the dealership. they are waiting for the front panels to come which was the excuse for the past couple of weeks. Today morning i sent a mail to 3 of the top officials of Mahindra & was surprised to receive a call back within 6 minutes and i got introduced to the customer care manager for kerala. Now they assured me that i will get my car back within 7 days. The scary thing about this accident is to get the vehicle serviced by the dealer..

But i am thinking of going to consumer protection court after receiving the vehicle. what do you suggest?

it same with every dealer i gave my nhc for repairs after my accident and i got it back after 35-40 days and then again i have to take the car for rubbing and some small problem

but the dealership people were nice and regularly updated me on the progress on my car
Old 12th July 2007, 19:10   #36
BANNED

Changing chassis numbers

Man, I think it will be a good idea to cross check with your RTO agent or somebody who knows, whether you should inform the replacement of chassis since the chassis number will be changed, to the RTO and get it it endorsed in the Registration certificate.

I think changing chassis and engines require to be endorsed in the regn. certificate.
Old 13th July 2007, 10:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

Yes it is a mandatory requirement by law and also the insurance policy needs to be suitably amended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Man, I think it will be a good idea to cross check with your RTO agent or somebody who knows, whether you should inform the replacement of chassis since the chassis number will be changed, to the RTO and get it it endorsed in the Registration certificate.

I think changing chassis and engines require to be endorsed in the regn. certificate.
Old 13th July 2007, 12:43   #38
BHPian

True. But the chassis no. will not get changed. the spare chassis comes without a no. and the dealership will engrave the existing no. in it.

I am on their own insurance (Royal Sundaram) & no change is required as the no. is not changing.
Old 30th August 2007, 16:07   #39
BHPian

Finally after all those waiting, i got my car back. I have to admit that they did a hell of a job and i got a car as perfect as i wanted it. They even surprised me with a discount of Rs.15000 from my part of the bill as rent for a car for a month. So i am glad & back with my beast. Pls. find a pic attached as requested.

Old 30th August 2007, 16:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

It looks as good as new, congrats.

15K discount as cost of rental car, wow!, now thats what I call customer care.

Others need to learn from the Mahindra's.

Quote:
Finally after all those waiting, i got my car back. I have to admit that they did a hell of a job and i got a car as perfect as i wanted it. They even surprised me with a discount of Rs.15000 from my part of the bill as rent for a car for a month. So i am glad & back with my beast. Pls. find a pic attached as requested.
Old 30th August 2007, 16:32   #41
BHPian

looks like a neat job. congrats on getting your baby back.

Those alloys are looking real nice . What size / brand are they? Have you upsized ?

Service standards of Mahindra have definitely improved , compared to what it was 2- 3 years ago.

The top guys of mahindra seem to be willing to go the extra mile to keep a customer happy. Have experienced the same and so have other friends with scorpios in Bangalore.
Old 30th August 2007, 16:37   #42
BHPian

wooooooahhh!!

ugh! that beast looks as gud as new now!! Seems like TVS has improved a lot on thier service! gud to see it back on the road man!!! so when is the meet?!!
Old 30th August 2007, 16:59   #43
BHPian

Thanks Guys...

@W 12: League 15/8 with the stock 235/70/R15 Bridgestone

@nikki: Any weekend...
Old 30th August 2007, 17:12   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hey that looks like a new one !! Good job done...
Also I am amazed to see the reason of the discount, thats great

Abhi
Old 30th August 2007, 17:17   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They even surprised me with a discount of Rs.15000 from my part of the bill as rent for a car for a month. So i am glad & back with my beast.
Thats quite a nice little surprise they gave you.
Also, looks like they gave you the bumper from the newer lot of Scorpios.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks