Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2007, 16:29   #16
BHPian

They do this in BP/HP bunks as mentioned. But, do they have fat heads? By doing this they only lose customers, and I am pretty sure the owners of the bunk know this and are supporting the attendants there. Like, the petrol bunk at south end circle, I used to go there regularly, until one day this happened. I asked for 100 bucks, he sets the fuel gauge to 30 bucks, and doesn't fill it. I was about to tell him to make it 100, by then one more attendant comes asking for cash card crap (Ye sure, for 100 I will use my card!). When I turn, he says he filled for 30. I said, ok, take the 30 bucks worth of petrol off from my tank (as I was sure, I had almost emptied the tank! ) and I didnt want their service. Then the supervisor came and made sure I got the 100 bucks worth petrol. I told him, about 50m this way there is one more petrol bunk, you are the not only ones near south end...you are losing out on 3000 bucks every month from me to gain 30 bucks in one shot. Its a major loss, as I have told all my friends to go to the next bunk and not this one. But seriously, Dont they get that they will lose their customers who almost frequent it atleast 10 times a month?
Old 18th May 2007, 16:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Absolutely agree. If you dont want to come out of the car, you are asking to be cheated (since we already know they are cheats), why not step out & stretch your limbs a little at the same time.
good for short breaks for the journey....even when one is in traffic jam.....
Old 18th May 2007, 17:16   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

As I always tank-up ( never 1000 rupees or 20 litres etc) and personally stand next to him and say it loud and clear and announce that i am paying by card even before he begins and i also make it clear to him not to start before showing me the zero
So, i am a bad customer for bunks trying those sort of tricks
Old 18th May 2007, 18:05   #19
BHPian

It's coz of stupid stunnts like these that both my cars get their tank topped up every fortnight at Shell even though it's a 6 km X 2 X 2 drive for us in a direction towards which we never go

The funniest incident at a petrol bunk happened with me when I had recently moved to Chennai..
I asked for petrol worth 1000 bucks..Now there was a guy getting fuel in a bike at the dispenser, and when he was shutting his lid, i noticed the meter stood at 200/-

meanwhile, another guy was opening up my fuel lid....I had my eyes constantly on the meter when i was suddenly disrupted by an attendant askig me to fill out a customer satisfaction form (oh the irony!) ...

the moment I averted my gaze, I heard the sound of the dispenser motor...
I looked back and the meter read as 350 and climbing

I literally jumped out of the car and shouted STOP!
and when the filler guy looked up, I said the meter stood at 300 and he didn't reset it....
Guess his immediate response? No Saar, only 200/-

Despite the situation, I couldn't help but burst out laughing

Anyway, for the chennai folks, this is the petrol bunk on Mount road near the Nandanam signal that falls on the left hand side when driving from Gemini flyover towards the airport
Avoid it like plague...
These buggers are exteremely unscrupulous, filling less fuel is one thing , not adding 2 T to a 2 stroke scooty is another...
A lady friend's scooty had an engine seizure because these morons didn't add 2T to the fuel probably just to make a cheap 10/- and led to the poor girls scooty engine's premature death.
Old 18th May 2007, 18:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

I've actually noticed that most of the better maintained petrol bunks are pretty honest. If you see bunks which look dirty, not well organized then avoid them. This is not a blanket truth but most of the times it is.

Bunks to avoid
1. HPCL on Airport road
2. BP on Bannerghatta road opp. IBM
3. BP on the left side of K.R. Puram bridge towards railway station.
4. BP on Intermediate Ring Road before Ejipura Junction.

Good ones:
1. Any shell
2. BP on Airport Road
3. BP on BTM layout junction
4. IOC opposit Indiranagar BDA
5. BP next to UTI Bank Koramangala.

Last edited by csentil : 18th May 2007 at 18:30.
Old 18th May 2007, 18:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Good ones:
They're cheats too. As are the IOC guys at Trinity Circle, and on Airport Rd.
Old 18th May 2007, 19:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Good ones:
Read my post
Old 18th May 2007, 19:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Binz, please proceed to the Shell bunk (beside Big Bazaar) on OMR. You would have a much more pleasant experience there.
Fully agree with u Benny, infact this pumps are helping Shell to become more and mroe popular....I travel 6km (to and fro) just for Shell...

Abhi
Old 18th May 2007, 19:25   #24
BANNED

We have all been cheated or the guys at the bunk have tried to pull a fast one. Even i have been a victim.

We need to do something about this. Can all of us in Bangalore get together and approach someone. Or lodge compalints against this particular pump(The Airport one). We need to make a big noise. These days TV Channels would pick up anything. This should get the other bunks worried. Can anything be done at all.

When i was being cheated i had some morons in swanky cars smiling at me as if i was a fool shouting at the attendants. Note: I dont know kannada.

Can anything be done at all. This city sucks.
Old 18th May 2007, 19:49   #25
Team-BHP Support

The HP petrol pump guy Brigade Road/MG road junction did this to me. I made sure I tell everybody in my company and I know many people who stopped going to that pump. After that.
Old 18th May 2007, 19:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
This city sucks.
Why don't you leave then?
Old 18th May 2007, 19:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Why don't you leave then?
I hope you don't belong to the Vatal Nagaraj group!
Old 18th May 2007, 20:00   #28
BANNED

@v1p3r: Cause thats not the solution. LOL. Havent we been through such discussions before. When i said the above you took that sentence in isolation. Anyways i dont like arguing. You didnt get the point, my bad i didnt put it forward properly. Apologies to anyone who got offended by that statement. Grow up.
Old 18th May 2007, 20:04   #29
nbr
BHPian

guys, thanx for sharing ur experiences.This thread will definately help me in my project.Right now, i am doing my SIP IN IOC and wil definately put in a word wid d manger rgdng the same .
Old 18th May 2007, 20:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I hope you don't belong to the Vatal Nagaraj group!
No, I have zero Kannada blood in me. But I was born and brought up here. And it irks me to see blanket statements like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Apologies to anyone who got offended by that statement. Grow up.
Apologies, or grow up? Anyway, I get your point, but you may like to put it across better. And visit Shell.

NBR: In the eyes of the general public, IOC and HP are the worst. You may want to tell your peeps that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks