Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 17:02   #346
BHPian

Re: Beware ANY petrol bunk in Bangalore!

Mind twisiting fact : When I fill petrol from regular HP outlet, I get around 12kmpl average out of my Santro GLS 2008 Model, all city drive with 30% AC.

Tried Shell petrol and I am getting 14+kmpl average with same exact driving conditions.
I suspect adulterated petrol as problem. No wonder kerosene and Diesel subsidy might be the reason for adulteration.
Old 6th March 2012, 18:09   #347
BHPian

From the reviews that I have been reading, the general consensus is that the COCO pumps are better in terms of being honest.

Please pardon this stupid question, but how do you identify that the pump is COCO or private?

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Avoid Indian oil (IBP) petrol bunk near Vijaya bank layout (Behind IIM B). It is one of the worst bunk's i have ever seen in my life. They never do a proper "zero" before start and never provide exact quantity. I even doubt about their quality of fuel. You will never find a manager there, nor any supervisors. Bunk is fully managed by their qualified staffs .
I stay near this pump and find it convenient to fill up here. Since your post is more than 3 years old, I believe they dont cheat anymore. They reset to zero, stay away from the nozzle etc. But any reviews by members who fill up from here will be greatly appreciated.

A general question: Aren't most of the pumps these days equipped with tamper proof dispensers which will make it nearly impossible for them to tamper with them? Ofcourse if you are not attentive, they might distract you but other than that, I dont know how they can cheat.
Old 11th March 2012, 23:42   #348
BHPian

Contrary to the thread headline, Beware!! I thought of sharing this incident of Shell Petrol Pump.

I'd to top up Engine Oil for my Bike. And I forgot to collect my change of Rs. 70/- from the Cashier inside the cabin. I realised after about One hour at my next stop. Called back to the Pump from the phone number in the receipt and explained to him.

First. I thought to forget, since it was not a big amount. Then I thought, lets give a try. And to my surprise, the Person obliged and advised me to be cautious next time. And the next time when I went to the Pump, I got the refund promptly.

The refund was done by the Owner, I guess.(Because Cashier was different).

Conclusion: There is still honesty left in India. And I appreciate the person for trusting me. Thanks!!

Apart from good quality Fuel and correct measure, Shell is courteous too!!

Last edited by jaaz : 11th March 2012 at 23:45.
jaaz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 21:15   #349
Senior - BHPian

Any trustworthy pumps near Sarjapur Road / Hosa Road ? I just moved in here. Anyone out of IOCL/BP/HP should be fine.
Old 16th May 2012, 06:52   #350
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Any trustworthy pumps near Sarjapur Road / Hosa Road ? I just moved in here. Anyone out of IOCL/BP/HP should be fine.
There is a HP bunk called RP Enterprises on Sarjapur road after the Wipro Corporate office, as you proceed towards Sarjapur. I have been using this bunk for over a year now for both my vehicles. They have been trustworthy and honest, except for a genuine mistake which i had posted earlier on the other petrol bunks thread.

And yes, welcome to the neighbourhood.
Old 16th May 2012, 07:59   #351
BHPian

Hello Friends,

Thought to share with you... please find Shell daily price update for Diesel/Unleaded Petrol/Super Unleaded Petrol

Fuel Pricing at Shell Stations | India

Thx.
Old 16th May 2012, 09:20   #352
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

What a sad state of affairs that one cant even trust the attendants at petrol bunks these days! Perhaps they should introduce self service.

I know we are a poor country and all that, but why do we have this urge to generally try and cheat each other so much over here back home in India?

I usually use the HP bunk in Koramangala near Manipal Cure and Care, or the HP near St Johns or the one in HSR Layout. So far, so good.

A small anecdote:
Last week I filled up some petrol at a self service 7 Eleven in Australia - when I went to pay I handed him a 100 AUD note but had forgotten the bunk number and couldnt see it from the shop window.

The shop chap was making the bill and was about to give me a bill for 50 AUD or something because he had mistaken which pump I filled up at.

I knew though that the bill should have been around 73-74 AUD and I told him so, stating that I didnt know the bunk number but this should be the amount.

He immediately thanked me in a very courteous manner and gave me the correct bill and the change. Big smiles all around- from the other people in the queue and the cashier himself!
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 09:25   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
There is a HP bunk called RP Enterprises on Sarjapur road after the Wipro Corporate office, as you proceed towards Sarjapur. I have been using this bunk for over a year now for both my vehicles. They have been trustworthy and honest, except for a genuine mistake which i had posted earlier on the other petrol bunks thread.
+1. Our car likes their Diesel.

Also, the air compressor works. And most times, the owner also hangs around the place. A very nice chap.
Old 4th July 2012, 11:35   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
I couldn't have been happier when she was narrating this incident to me. Knuckleheads of this nature need to be beaten at their own game. MyLady, you make me proud!
Searching for recommended pumps in Koramangala and HSR and came across your post! Loved this, I should say

IMO, this pump is good though you need to be very careful of the attendants! A year ago when I asked one such morons to fill full tank, they filled for 5 litres or so and then reset the pump stating that power went off! I didn't pay for the 5 litres of petrol!
Waggy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 16:33   #355
BHPian

Though I have already asked this question earlier, but since I didnt get any response, I am re-posting it here.

Any reviews about Indian oil (IBP) petrol bunk near Vijaya bank layout (Behind IIM B)? I have seen quite a few Team-BHP sticker cars move around and fill up here.
Old 7th March 2013, 15:14   #356
BHPian

I have quiet a few to share here.

BP on inner ring road, Ejipura: Filled petrol for 600 Rupees on my bike and gave the attendant two 500 rupee notes. I saw him count four 100 rupee notes and took it from him, put it in my pocket and left. Reached home and found only 3 hundred rupee notes. Went back immediately (good that i stay nearby), found the guy and shouted for 2 minutes. He paid me the hundred immediately.

The next week went to HP pump near Madiwala police station. A crook there, tried to pull a very similar trick. But caught him red handed this time. (They will have to pull a new trick on me). I was surprised though, this was the first time I had a problem in this bunk - have been using it for more than 7 years.
Old 7th March 2013, 16:01   #357
BHPian

I had bad experiences in the IO and HP bunks on the left side just next to bommanahalli signal while going towards silkboard. They are real cheats, they somehow try to divert you while filling fuel and do all the tricks to make some money by giving the wrong balance or filling wrong amount of fuel. I dont know how they play the trick of boosting the fuel reading from 1/2 ltr to 3 ltrs within a second when you turn your head to the other guy who keeps asking some useless questions standing by the other side. I was cheated once and the other time i caught the guy red handed.
Don't ever pay money before he fill the fuel, once i paid while he was filling and after that he promised me that i didn't pay. A big shout at him with some worst words made him realize that i am not the person he was looking for and accepted that he got the money from me.

From then on i use to fill only in the IO bunk in EC next to HCL office or the IO COCO bunk in BTM layout.

Last edited by BulZire : 7th March 2013 at 16:31.
Old 7th March 2013, 17:30   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
I had bad experiences in the IO and HP bunks on the left side just next to bommanahalli signal while going towards silkboard. They are real cheats, they somehow try to divert you while filling fuel and do all the tricks to make some money by giving the wrong balance or filling wrong amount of fuel. I dont know how they play the trick of boosting the fuel reading from 1/2 ltr to 3 ltrs within a second when you turn your head to the other guy who keeps asking some useless questions standing by the other side. I was cheated once and the other time i caught the guy red handed.
Don't ever pay money before he fill the fuel, once i paid while he was filling and after that he promised me that i didn't pay. A big shout at him with some worst words made him realize that i am not the person he was looking for and accepted that he got the money from me.

From then on i use to fill only in the IO bunk in EC next to HCL office or the IO COCO bunk in BTM layout.
Given that my office is in Bommanahalli, these bunks are convenient. BUT, I avoid them like the plague. The only one time I went into the Indian Oil outlet, the cashier demanded payment when the attendant hadn't pumped a single drop. After a (very) brief argument in which they were embarassed by my swearing, the attendant put in the correct amount of petrol and took correct payment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks