Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2007, 10:49   #46
BHPian

Same thing happened to me in BP aswell.
As said first put the meter to rs200...and tell couldn’t hear...and again fill it to rs800 and say rs200 has already been filled.
I was about to blast that attendant, then the supervisor came to rescue and asked him to fill another rs200 and asked for apology.

I think tadu’s suggestion works.
Old 29th May 2007, 18:41   #47

i agree with tadukuttan that a serious and the so called(don't mess around with me look):d does the trick most of the times.
Old 1st June 2007, 10:48   #48
Senior - BHPian

Put another one in the list as the corner BP pump on the South End crossing (Jayanagar filling station), same 200 Rs duped from each fill.

This is how they do it, it took me a while to figure out what they were doing:

They take the filling hose to the tank and wait for few seconds, the meter jumps to Rs 200. But there's a way to catch them, in my case although the meter was showing Rs200, the ltrs counter was showing '0', so we should keep a watch on both.

Another thing, they have to reset the meter to fill the rest of the fuel (for this pump atleast), so everytime he would fill, he would come and reset it. Ask them to continue filling without resetting, if they cant, the meter has jumped.

But none of you complained to the IOC, they have a complaint form on their website. I logged a complaint for this particular pump and received a reply from their HO in Mumbai that it has been forwaded to the regional office.

Few days later I got a call from the RSM stating that he has already spoken to the owner of the pump and told him about the complaint, the owner has spoken to the pump supervisor and the rogue attendent has been fired.

The RSM gave me his mobile number and asked me to call him directly if I face problems again.

I would suggest all of you affected to fill up the Online complaint form.

Last edited by dadu : 1st June 2007 at 10:50.
Old 5th June 2007, 16:07   #49
BHPian

Had many of the above said issues with the BPCL bunk at Southend. They use the same pump for both 2 and 4 wheelers and once it happened that a bike was there in front of me and had filled 200Rs worth of Petrol. When my turn came and I got out, one of the attendants distracted me by saying Cash or Card and by then another guy had already started filling my car! I also had the 200Rs for 1000Rs trick in this pump so started avoiding it altogether. For the past 1 year or so, have been using Advaitha pump in BTM. For the past few months I noticed my Wagon R was giving me less than 10KM in city driving. I thought it was because of my poor driving & a new route (my office had shifted so my route changed too) but occasionally I noticed that my car returned more than 11KM. Then I realised that my FE improved if I used the HPCL bunk on JP Nagar Ring road (after the Delmia Signal from Bannerghatta Road). Nowadays have started using only that pump and my car is back to providing more than 11 on a routine basis. Since last time , have been using Speed after seeing one of the posts in this forum - let me see how my FE improves!
Old 13th June 2007, 23:15   #50
BHPian

I have had good experiences with the IOC petrol bunk between Sony World and NGV. I guess it's because its company operated.

If you want to add to the blacklisted petrol bunks, I can suggest a few.
1) HP on Airport road
2) IOC on airport road (a coupla ppl had already complained about these)
3) IOC on Jeevan Beema main road

At all these petrol pumps, they have perfected the stop and go trick. Last time, at the Jeevan Beema Nagar IOC, I showed my 5 fingers and told him Rs 500. Yet, he conveniently stops at 200. Then I shout 500 and another attendent starts shouting at the first fellow (like we didn't know their tricks). Since I was in a hurry, I didnt start an issue and left from there showing them one finger proudly!!!
Old 13th June 2007, 23:33   #51
Senior - BHPian

I never fill at any place other than Shell bunk at Yeshwantpur beside ISKCON temple. Atleast the folks have been honest so far and the chaps are nice and friendly. They never try to dupe you. I go early in the morning and there's no rush to fill up either. Generally I'm the only car around at that time. Now the attendants even recognize my car and just wait for my signal to fill her up fully.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 13th June 2007 at 23:34.
Old 14th June 2007, 00:24   #52
Senior - BHPian

Shell sure has many fans in bangalore. I have also filled up many times in shell in chennai & i really haven't felt my car go the extra km that you guys talk about & off late in the last few months i have seen 'most' Govt bunks follow some protocol that is on par with the private bunks. I am talking only about reputed bunks within the city, of course there are some stupid morons inside the city where the autos & other illiterate people fill up & continue to get cheated as they are not aware of these things. I prefer to fill up in reputed bunks , be it national or private, as long as the Qty & the quality are good, dont really care about the artificial smiles & services.
Old 14th June 2007, 11:39   #53
Senior - BHPian

My solution to all fuelling problems. TANK UP each & every time. Stand next to the pump and make sure nobody touches it. I use only two bunks all across Bangalore and in an emergency fill only about 200 bucks worth from any other bunk and even in this case tell the operator to feed in the amount and let the pump auto-stop. I'm surprised to see why many people dont follow this. A lot of the pumps these days have the option of feeding in the desired amount of fuel either in litres or in rupees. So just feed in the amount and fill away.
Old 14th June 2007, 14:24   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
My solution to all fuelling problems. TANK UP each & every time. Stand next to the pump and make sure nobody touches it. I use only two bunks all across Bangalore and in an emergency fill only about 200 bucks worth from any other bunk and even in this case tell the operator to feed in the amount and let the pump auto-stop. I'm surprised to see why many people dont follow this. A lot of the pumps these days have the option of feeding in the desired amount of fuel either in litres or in rupees. So just feed in the amount and fill away.
Same here. I use either the lavelle road shell pump or the indianoil pump between Forum and Big Bazaar. I fill to the cutoff every time, and in an emergency fill just enough to reach one of these pumps. Only thing to watch out for here is that the guy charges your credit card with the correct amount.
Old 14th June 2007, 14:44   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
I'm surprised to see why many people dont follow this. A lot of the pumps these days have the option of feeding in the desired amount of fuel either in litres or in rupees. So just feed in the amount and fill away.
I almost forgot about this, yes, thats another way of avoiding duping, ask them to feed the amount in the machine, then the machine will automatically fill-up to that amount only. Cant do that during tank-up though.
Old 14th June 2007, 14:56   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Cant do that during tank-up though.
But u can always do an autocut mode while doing full tank...

Abhi
Old 14th June 2007, 15:13   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
4. BP on Intermediate Ring Road before Ejipura Junction.

Good ones:
2. BP on Airport Road
I'd the same experience (200.....800) on BP pump before Ejipura signal and never visited again.
BP on Airport is really good. Never had any problem with them.
Old 14th June 2007, 15:23   #58
BHPian

There is another cheap filthy trick to watch out for. I used to use my IOC debit card to top up my Xtra Premium. Being a debit card I had to punch in the Pin, while doing this I had to park my car to the side. One such occasion I walked back to the Car & Found this Son of @$#&* ! Standing next to my brand new car with a huge scratch (which wasn't there 5 min before), he very genuinely pointed towards it and said Sir Dekhho bacchon ne scratch mara hain (Sir, kids seemed to have scratched your car). And tried to sell me a rubbing compound can. I could have just killed him. But was so stumped to the level people can stoop to make a buck, that I was speechless.

However having learnt my lesson , I now only use my Credit card so that I do not have to leave my car alone even for a bit. And if I see anyone trying to even walk around my car looking to sell me another can of rubbing compund I ensure I watch him like a hawk !!!???
(This happened at IOC Gurgaon near IFFCO Building, needless to say thats the last time I visited the bunk)

To beat them at the 800-1000 game ensure you only do a tank full, its good for your mileage anyway.
Old 14th June 2007, 15:25   #59
Senior - BHPian

I was wondering why people are so supportive of Shell. I regularly fill from Shell and IOC, mostly full tank and I have not seen any difference in petrol quality. And I track my consumption very closely and after trying many brands I still prefer Company owned IOC Pumps.

Moreover, these frauds are done by the attendants who are common people, it will not take long for them to pick up tricks of the trade and the same can happen at Shell also!

Is it a mindset/perception issue (that Shell is good, others are not)?
Personally I am equally cautious whether it is IOC or Shell or any thing else...

Last edited by ST7677 : 14th June 2007 at 15:26.
Old 15th June 2007, 11:39   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

cant say the Shell quality is better than others.. apparently.. there is no way u can run a profitable filling station unless u cheat on the quality.. if petrol is to be sold at 'honest' quality, u wont be seeing any petrol stations within the city... they will instead build a nice shopping mall in that place instead.

still i always go to shell.. because their billing is integrated.. there is no way the attendant can cheat u based on the quantity.. and the quality is better than average i guess.. in fact most fleet/truck drivers are required to fill only at Shell because you cant get a fake bill from the attendant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks