Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2007, 10:55   #91
Senior - BHPian

Shell - Whitefield has restarted dispensing fuel from today(Thurs) morning.
Old 5th July 2007, 10:56   #92
Senior - BHPian

Subbarao, is that the Old Madras Rd Shell outlet thats run out of petrol??

Does anyone know if that outlet has petrol today? My car is almost outta petrol and i often go on a short drive to that Shell outlet to fill the car up... in the middle of the day, when the boss isnt watching
Old 5th July 2007, 10:59   #93
Team-BHP Support

Thanx for the real time update, finneyp. Will give the bike a treat this evening with shell petrol, provided its available then, but i doubt the chances.
Old 5th July 2007, 12:07   #94

Wanting a piece of the SHELL experience

Well, i'm going to try out the "Shell" experience. Having been used to all the antics and ploys of the others lets see what kind of relief "Shell" will have.
Will keep you posted.

Cheers
Old 5th July 2007, 17:20   #95
BHPian

I think its more to do with Shell trying to cut losses. As you know, international oil prices have goone through the roof. As govt. fixes prices for BPCL/ HPCL/ IOC, these chaps are selling at a loss.

Govt. provides a subsidy to nationalised oil companies to partially cover some of these losses. Private fuel retailers such as Shell, Essar, Shell do not get this subsidy. Hence, they would be selling at a loss if they match prices or lose customers if they raise prices.

Probably that explains why the pumps are running dry.
Old 5th July 2007, 19:54   #96
BHPian

Annapurna Service Station on RV road

I am filling fuel from IOC (Annapurna Service Station) next to Vijaya college on RV road for almost two years now. I am getting consistent FE. And mostly I go to the same fuel despenser and always insist on auto cut off.
Old 5th July 2007, 23:05   #97

This happened to me too at Wheeler road BP near Thoms bakery and at BP in OMR near Tin Factory. I started using Shell near OMR Big Bazaar after that.

Both the times I was aware. The supervisors came for the dispensing boys rescue.

May be we should circulate this in group emails so that all non members of Team - BHP also will be benefited. Moderators: What say?
Old 24th July 2007, 18:36   #98
Senior - BHPian

I have experienced the same with BP in Basaveshwaranagar. I have stopped filling for my car. I now take it to HP/Shell which is better than the BP.....
Old 26th July 2007, 01:41   #99
BHPian

I think these tactics are very common across india,
another thing I would like to point out is when you are using your card ask them are they charging extra , because it happened to me once in a bunk which i frequently go , once i paid by the card they got me the slip for the amount is fuel filled whn I checked my bank statement there was additional 30 bucks charged .so beware of that.
What I do normally is go to a bunk roll up windows get out of the car and ask him to fill X litres and i tell him to remove the hand and I say go and get me the bill please I will look at the meter,if he doesnt I insist and i watch the meter carefully.while he is busy preparing the bill.

if there are 2 attendants I ask the guy who is filling to go for a walk and come I will have a look at the meter.
Old 30th July 2007, 07:27   #100
BHPian

One more to be blacklisted in Bangalore - IOC on the stretch from HSR BDA junction to Agara junction (near Mantri Sarovar). Tricked me with 800-1000 once. Diverted my attention by asking if the card I gave is credit or debit. I wasnt aware of this common trick and hence wasnt sure to put up a fight. Stopped filling there since then.

Nirmak
Old 30th July 2007, 09:18   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyeo4u View Post
I think these tactics are very common across india,
another thing I would like to point out is when you are using your card ask them are they charging extra , because it happened to me once in a bunk which i frequently go , once i paid by the card they got me the slip for the amount is fuel filled whn I checked my bank statement there was additional 30 bucks charged .so beware of that..
That is probably because of the so called Fuel Surcharge for credit cards. Find out a card that does not have any fuel surcharge (SBI, I think. I have DB)
Old 30th July 2007, 09:54   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTRider View Post
Well, i'm going to try out the "Shell" experience. Having been used to all the antics and ploys of the others lets see what kind of relief "Shell" will have.
Will keep you posted.

Cheers

well, do go dressed up for the occasion as you are quite likely to be swamped by beautiful girls in bikini who will wash you, no sorry wash your car while filling it up. Ask Benny.
Old 30th July 2007, 10:02   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
That is probably because of the so called Fuel Surcharge for credit cards. Find out a card that does not have any fuel surcharge (SBI, I think. I have DB)
ICICI charges a fuel surcharge even on their debit cards !! I was shocked to see that when i paid by my ICICI debit card. I always use my Citibank debit card for payments, and there is no fuel surcharge levied for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
well, do go dressed up for the occasion as you are quite likely to be swamped by beautiful girls in bikini who will wash you, no sorry wash your car while filling it up. Ask Benny.
Yeah right !! John, looks like you need to come out of your slumber.
Not everyone applies Grease as well as Travolta.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 30th July 2007 at 10:07.
Old 30th July 2007, 10:37   #104
BHPian

Have been using HSBC for more than 3 yrs now. No fuel surcharge - If you see the statement, you do see a surcharge, but that is refunded in the next statement. Also, for HSBC, the min should be Rs. 400 for a fuel surcharge waiver.
ICICI credit cards also do have this but at HP pumps only.
SBI advertises about this, but i dont know the fineprint as yet (all of the cards have some fineprint ).
Old 30th July 2007, 10:40   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Have been using HSBC for more than 3 yrs now. No fuel surcharge - If you see the statement, you do see a surcharge, but that is refunded in the next statement. Also, for HSBC, the min should be Rs. 400 for a fuel surcharge waiver.
ICICI credit cards also do have this but at HP pumps only.
Good thing about Citibank is there is no surcharge levied, forget about getting it refunded. I just hope they dont change their policies.

I didnt know ICICI encouraged HP pumps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks